[minimod] Demon CounterStrike v0.05d: What the heck

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
dljosef

Re: [minimod] Demon CounterStrike v0.04: Nothing relevant

Post by dljosef »

One suggestion I got, is there an option to space the spawns out in "waves" as to avoid flooding the player?
Korell

Post by Korell »

Just tried out 0.04 with QCDE and now I notice that the console is getting spammed with LOLEND messages. This didn't happen with 0.02. This is in GZDoom g3.4pre-4-g38156b924.
Laggy

Post by Laggy »

Oops, forgot to take that out.
Fixing that later, I need to do something else now.
Laggy

Re: [minimod] Demon CounterStrike v0.04b: Oops

Post by Laggy »

-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Is there currently a way to lock in spawns based off what's actually on the level? IE if there's only zombies, imps and pinkies it'd only spawn those, with maybe a really low chance of spawning something tougher? Sometimes you get stuck with bad weapons against strong monsters and it's not so much hard as tedious to pistol your way through a baron or something if you really can't get around him.
Brohnesorge
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Brohnesorge »

You can edit the monster spawns in the menu. It's a bit tedious, but you can shift them from level to level. Or edit the item spawns to make certain weapons more common to deal with the stronger monsters coming in. Or edit the monster spawns to only spawn the big guys super rarely overall.

This is half suggestion, half gushing. Cause I fucking love this mod.
kadu522
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by kadu522 »

After talking a bit on discord i was just hit with a idea

Can you make it so it spawn allys as well. and not just the marines if posible
Too few maps do this. and it would rise the chaos
Laggy

Post by Laggy »

kadu522 wrote:After talking a bit on discord i was just hit with a idea

Can you make it so it spawn allys as well. and not just the marines if posible
Too few maps do this. and it would rise the chaos
That's a nice idea. I'll try to include that next version (next week, hopefully). Maybe it'll spawn dogs as well. As long as they are already in zandronum/gzdoom, though. I'm not including any new monsters so there's no sprite conflicts or something with other mods.
kadu522

Post by kadu522 »

I noticed that a good number of numeral options operate on switching rether then being a actual variable.

This makes it very hard to change said numbers by large values. also i don't think you need 2 diferent sliders for rarity control for spawns. a single variable can do just fine.
(This is excludeing the master sliders)

Also i tried reduceing said master sliders to a low number just to see how fast things spawn and i don't think its afecting anything? Or i'm just not noticeing spawns in other areas.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Will this support Heretic?
Laggy

Post by Laggy »

kadu522 wrote:I noticed that a good number of numeral options operate on switching rether then being a actual variable.

This makes it very hard to change said numbers by large values. also i don't think you need 2 diferent sliders for rarity control for spawns. a single variable can do just fine.

Also i tried reduceing said master sliders to a low number just to see how fast things spawn and i don't think its afecting anything? Or i'm just not noticeing spawns in other areas.
Uhh, I think I don't understand the first part of the post.

Spawn delays mean those things will start spawning after X seconds. Useful if you want, for example, pain elementals to start spawning at the same time as plasma rifles. Spawn chances mean how often things will actually spawn. The higher they are, the more they will appear.
Shadelight wrote:Will this support Heretic?
No plans for now but I've been asked that before so... Maybe? I hope the code doesn't get too messy if that happens, heheh.
If someone wants to make something using this mod as a base, that's fine by me.
kadu522

Post by kadu522 »

Laggy wrote:
kadu522 wrote:I noticed that a good number of numeral options operate on switching rether then being a actual variable.

Uhh, I think I don't understand the first part of the post.

Spawn delays mean those things will start spawning after X seconds. Useful if you want, for example, pain elementals to start spawning at the same time as plasma rifles. Spawn chances mean how often things will actually spawn. The higher they are, the more they will appear.
Let me reprase that.

All those timers for spawning are being done as a (yes/no) type of switch. while this is good for few options when you are dealing with numbers its much better to give a variable that can be edited with any number you wish. (Within reason)

The current way things are done you have to go up 1 second per click and that can get bad reallll fast.

The sliders are for spawn rarity. and while they are perfectly fine. i don't understand why you need 2. that actualy confused me as i imagined is a max and min insted of a single thing.
Solaela
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Solaela »

Well this is ONE way to become absolutely fucking paranoid. Especially when you leave the 'spawn near player' on meaning you can get jumped any time.
Laggy

Re: [minimod] Demon CounterStrike v0.05c: I'm slow, thanks

Post by Laggy »

Well, this took more than one week. I wish I could work faster.
So, what's new? Optional allies that might not work with certain mods, barrels that will randomly trap you in corners, a nonreliable way to avoid breaking MAP07, and more!

Made a few not-so-public releases, that's why there's a "c" in this version.
Download:
Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpyevtdfgnyo7 ... c.pk3?dl=1
TSPG: http://static.allfearthesentinel.net/wa ... v0.05c.pk3
Nems
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [minimod] Demon CounterStrike v0.05c: I'm slow, thanks

Post by Nems »

Just wanted to say how much I love this mod. <3 Definitely great for maps with a lot of exploration and/or backtracking like Eternal Doom. Now I have something to do while looking for the damn switch/door/wall. :P

Return to “Gameplay Mods”