High Noon Drifter v1.2c - Slightly OverPowered Edition v0.7

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
vova123

High Noon Drifter v1.2c - Slightly OverPowered Edition v0.7

Post by vova123 »

All the credits goes to creators of High Noon Drifter and Final Doomer+ , i just made a couple tweaks of High Noon Drifter and
added some weapons from Final Doomer+: Heavy Machine Gun from Plutonia set and Rocket Launcher from DOOM2 set.
I also added variation of Gatling Gun; model used for rendering sprites : Old West Gatling Gun by Cybertenko.

If You looking for some realism/more challenge and/or for something, that makes sense in general, this modification is not for You.
I have just finished Unloved mod on Ultra Violence ( withot any gameplay modifications ) and i wanted to do something, that will make
player`s life easier ( i`m not a very good Doom player ).

Tested with GZDoom 3.1.0a, DOOM2 iwad and High Noon Drifter v1.2c, can`t promise, that it will work with something else.
In order to work, You need to load this addon AFTER HighNoonDrifter-v1.2c.pk3 file like:
gzdoom.exe -iwad doom2 -file HighNoonDrifter-v1.2c.pk3 -file HighNoonDrifter-v1.2c-SOP-AddOn_v0.7.pk3

Some Screenshots:

Changes from the original High Noon Drifter v1.2c:
Spoiler:
Sprites for Gatling Gun weapon is in 720p resolution. I also included 540p sprites in HND-v1.2c-SOP-Gatling-540p.pk3 file, so if You have any lags
when using Gatlin Gun, You can try use this file ( You must load it in GZDoom AFTER everything else ). There is also HND-v1.2c-SOP-Gatling-1080p.pk3
file with 1080p sprites, so if You don`t have any problems with 720p, You can try this one.

I`m noob in modding, so (some)things can look ugly and/or out of place. I was just "toying" around, and it resulted in this "thing", which is working
quite well for me, so i decided to share it - maybe someone else will have fun with it too.

Special thanks to all the awesome people here, who helped me out.

DOWNLOAD HERE.(34.06 MB)

P.S.
Sorry for my bad "english".

v0.7
Spoiler:
Compatibility patch for Knee Deep in ZDoom v 1.2
Spoiler:
Compatibility/Tweaks patch for Project Brutality 3 Monsters Only pack Alpha1
Spoiler:
Simple "Zoom" function
Spoiler:
Last edited by vova123 on Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 15 times in total.
silentw

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.2c - Slightly OverPowered Edition

Post by silentw »

Wow! This looks really cool, some interesting tweaks here.

I notice the download is rather large - are you redistributing all of HND with this mod? That's generally frowned upon around here. Also, out of curiosity, did you ask permission to use the Final Doomer assets?

EDIT: I see permission was obtained for HND, excellent. My previous question still stands, though, as well as the possibility of this working as a patch as opposed to including a large amount of mostly-superfluous data.
vova123

Post by vova123 »

silentw
About "working this as patch" i really don`t see, how i can pull this off - i modified a fair amount of functions in a lots of files and recompiled the "source" cazador.o file, so
i don`t see, how it cold work with with the original *.pk3 file.

And i totally forgot to ask about Final Doomer+... Yeah, i know - i`m an idiot, but to ask now ( "after the fact" ) is somehow feels more wrong, than what i already did, so should i
just delete this topic?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I wouldn't see as "wrong". Give a shout to Yholl/Shivers and explain the situation; If they say no, then you delete the thread. If they say yes...
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Well, you could just exclude all the assets that haven't been modified from HND like sprites and audio and just leave the new assets and scripts in the "patch" mod then instruct the user to load HND first.
silentw

Post by silentw »

vova123 wrote:silentw
About "working this as patch" i really don`t see, how i can pull this off - i modified a fair amount of functions in a lots of files and recompiled the "source" cazador.o file, so
i don`t see, how it cold work with with the original *.pk3 file.
As someone64 said, there are a TON of resources you didn't modify. Remove every single thing you didn't touch, and then load your pk3 after HND - you will have to do some testing to make sure this works!
As a second step, if you want to make this work if Terminus EVER updates HND, you need to put your scripts in a different ACS file and override the functions in HND's ACS that you want to change.

I really urge you to put in the time and effort to make this a real add-on, you'll learn a TON more about how GZDoom works and how HND is put together, it's quite a rewarding process. Don't hesitate to ask people in this thread for help, either! I'm sure there are plenty of us who would be happy to investigate things with you and assist.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Hey, this is pretty neat. The HMG is my favourite weapon in final doomer so I'm glad that's the one you decided to carry over to this. Any plans to expand on this?
vova123

Post by vova123 »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Hey, this is pretty neat. The HMG is my favourite weapon in final doomer so I'm glad that's the one you decided to carry over to this. Any plans to expand on this?
Sgt. Shivers
So, are You not mad at me and don`t mind, if this thread continue to exist?
vova123

Post by vova123 »

I did some "assetes exlusion" - it seems to be still working fine. I`m pretty sure, there are still some "leftovers" remainig, but i hope it`s not too critical.
slipcase

Post by slipcase »

is there a reason revolver spin and grenade throw have to be bound to the same key?
vova123

Post by vova123 »

slipcase wrote:is there a reason revolver spin and grenade throw have to be bound to the same key?
slipcase
Well, i used "Zoom:" state in weapons properties for "Quick Grenade Throw" function - the same state that "Revolver Spin" fucnction occupies and, as far as i`m concerned,
there is no more avalible states left for the "Revolver" weapon. And if i even somehow manage to create some additional "custom" function for "Quick Grenade Throw"
( which is highly doubtful ) there is still one wery important thing for me : i did used "WRF_ALLOWZOOM" flag A LOT in other states for weapons, so basically every weapon
fire/reload/alt fire sequence can be instantly interrupted, if user press "Zoom" button, which would result in grenade throw without any delays and i really have no idea, how
this can be achived differently.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Through user keys. [wiki=Classes:Weapon]Weapons[/wiki] can make use of up to four user keys (appropriately named User1-4, in state label and in bind), which, like reload and zoom, must be enabled through [wiki]A_WeaponReady[/wiki].
vova123

Post by vova123 »

Zhs2 wrote:Through user keys. [wiki=Classes:Weapon]Weapons[/wiki] can make use of up to four user keys (appropriately named User1-4, in state label and in bind), which, like reload and zoom, must be enabled through [wiki]A_WeaponReady[/wiki].
Zhs2
Thank You for the tip!
It's going to take a while though to redo all the stuff...
vova123

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.2c - Slightly OverPowered Edition v

Post by vova123 »

I did reassigned "Revolver Spin" function to a different key from "Quick Grenade Throw". Sorry for the inconvenience...
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

vova123 wrote:Sgt. Shivers
So, are You not mad at me and don`t mind, if this thread continue to exist?
If term doesn't have a problem with it I don't see any reason why you can't keep working on this.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”