High Noon Drifter v1.2c - Slightly OverPowered Edition v0.7

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
slipcase

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.2c - Slightly OverPowered Edition

Post by slipcase »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:
vova123 wrote:Sgt. Shivers
So, are You not mad at me and don`t mind, if this thread continue to exist?
If term doesn't have a problem with it I don't see any reason why you can't keep working on this.
I think he was talking about the stuff from Final Doomer+ in his mod.
vova123

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.2c - Slightly OverPowered Edition v

Post by vova123 »

I added self damage and fire power options for Grenades, Quick Grenades and Rockets in "Mod Options->EXPLOSIVES DAMAGE OPTIONS".
vova123

Post by vova123 »

Added couple more minor tweaks.

I tested this with Project Brutality 3 Monsters Only Alpha1 mod - did work quite well for me ( i did complete Maps Of Chaos - HardCore edition on Ultra Violence without any problems ).
On the off chance that someone else is may be interested in playing this mod with Project Brutality 3 Monsters Only Alpha1, i can only provide the EDITED version of
Project Brutality 3 Monsters Only Alpha1 to work with this mod, i haven't been able to do a simple patch for it.
vova123

Post by vova123 »

v0.6 - added Gatling Gun and couple more minor tweaks.
vova123

Post by vova123 »

v0.7 - Added option to adjust Gatling Gun damage and changed Heavy Machine Gun secondary fire mod to a "High Precision Fire Mode".
Jayrassic Park

Post by Jayrassic Park »

Minor quibble - machine gun pickups say I got the Cintia 1901 (the regular shotgun) instead. Granted, this was on a custom map (specifically, Fistful of DooM), so take with a grain of salt.
vova123

Post by vova123 »

Jayrassic Park wrote:Minor quibble - machine gun pickups say I got the Cintia 1901 (the regular shotgun) instead. Granted, this was on a custom map (specifically, Fistful of DooM), so take with a grain of salt.
Jayrassic Park
I don`t know, what to tell You - i just tried Fistful of DooM and i didn`t have that problem... Did You load Fistful of DooM BEFORE High Noon Drifter addon? That`s how i usually load mappacks.
And did You use Doom2 iwad?
Jayrassic Park

Post by Jayrassic Park »

Yes, I did both those things. I can post a screenshot if you'd like. I'm using the stable GzDoom release.
vova123

Post by vova123 »

Jayrassic Park wrote:I'm using the stable GzDoom release.
Jayrassic Park
What is an exact version of GZDoom, that You are using?
And, i assume, You did try Fistful of DooM with just the original High Noon Drifter v1.2c ( without my addon ) and didn`t have that problem, right?
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

The "RPG" looks like the basic doom rocket launcher and doesn't really fit the aesthetic, nor does the vietnam-war looking heavy machine gun. The gatling gun's in a totally different style from the rest of the weapons, too.
Jayrassic Park

Post by Jayrassic Park »

vova123 wrote:
Jayrassic Park wrote:I'm using the stable GzDoom release.
Jayrassic Park
What is an exact version of GZDoom, that You are using?
And, i assume, You did try Fistful of DooM with just the original High Noon Drifter v1.2c ( without my addon ) and didn`t have that problem, right?
Never mind, I found the reason why, I'm stupid: the machine gun's picked up from a munitions sack.
vova123

Post by vova123 »

Jayrassic Park wrote: Minor quibble - machine gun pickups say I got the Cintia 1901 (the regular shotgun) instead.
Jayrassic Park wrote: the machine gun's picked up from a munitions sack.
Jayrassic Park
I thought You were talking about machine gun pickups as in M-12 Grasa machine gun pickups and i couldn`t figure out, what could have caused it...
Anyway, glad things did work out for You.
EddieMann wrote:The "RPG" looks like the basic doom rocket launcher and doesn't really fit the aesthetic, nor does the vietnam-war looking heavy machine gun. The gatling gun's in a totally different style from the rest of the weapons, too.
EddieMann
I don`t care. I like it. Not everything turned out, (exactly)as i wanted, but i still enjoy it. And i wrote in the description, that this modification was not meant to be realistic and/or making sense.
But, i guess, there was some misleading from my part - i wrote, that i`m "noob in modding", but i no modder at all. I just like to messing with stuff, but i got no talent to make something
original and/or nice looking.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

vova123 wrote:
Jayrassic Park wrote: Minor quibble - machine gun pickups say I got the Cintia 1901 (the regular shotgun) instead.
Jayrassic Park wrote: the machine gun's picked up from a munitions sack.
Jayrassic Park
I thought You were talking about machine gun pickups as in M-12 Grasa machine gun pickups and i couldn`t figure out, what could have caused it...
Anyway, glad things did work out for You.
EddieMann wrote:The "RPG" looks like the basic doom rocket launcher and doesn't really fit the aesthetic, nor does the vietnam-war looking heavy machine gun. The gatling gun's in a totally different style from the rest of the weapons, too.
EddieMann
I don`t care. I like it. Not everything turned out, (exactly)as i wanted, but i still enjoy it. And i wrote in the description, that this modification was not meant to be realistic and/or making sense.
But, i guess, there was some misleading from my part - i wrote, that i`m "noob in modding", but i no modder at all. I just like to messing with stuff, but i got no talent to make something
original and/or nice looking.
I wasn't getting at realism so much as the new guns not fittin' the feel. I'm sure there's sprites for a gatling gun in CaptainJ's sprite page if you need, something to keep in mind for your next mod.
vova123

Post by vova123 »

EddieMann wrote:there's sprites for a gatling gun in CaptainJ's sprite page if you need
EddieMann
Thanks for the tip, but i`m gonna stick with the ones that i currently have.
64palm
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by 64palm »

you should add infinite dead man holster

Return to “Gameplay Mods”