[minimod][v3.10.1] Weapon Menu +

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Someone64

Re: Weapon Menu Plus [v2.0.1] (+inventory menu)

Post by Someone64 »

I'm loving the new inventory system! Of course, being new it could use a lot of improvements.

First, there should be separate size and spacing options for inventory menu stuff separate from weapon menu stuff. I'd like the inventory menu to not come off the bottom of my screen but I don't want the weapon menu spaced too close for example.

Second, the WMAuto warning should make it more clear that you should use the command with every available player class in a mod. I was playing with Heretical Doom which had 2 classes and it would throw errors about an unknown class but simply instruct to use WMAuto again.

Third, would it be possible to show inventory icons in place of names? Players would be more familiar with that as that's why they see instead of recognizing it by slot number and menu position and those are what the game uses to identify them by default.

Fourth, it would be nice to have quick inventory buttons. A number of mods have binds for quick inventory use when they have massive amounts of items, some being very important but some mods don't. It would be nice to have it be similar to the set quick weapon and use quick weapon feature except instead of 1 bind it could have more. Having too many binds for setting quick use stuff could be a pain, though and hopefully this could be implemented into a menu instead.

Lastly, it would be nice to have the behavior be consistent with the weapon menu by adding optional behavior and having use and close be the default. It could help if it was possible to move the actual inventory select (the vanilla inventory select stuff) based on what was last selected on the menu. Have no idea if that's feasible, though. The default setup could also be (assuming the previous stated before is possible) left click use and close, right click to use without closing, and menu button again to close (which it already does. Also, exiting the menu won't be a problem because the only way to enter it to begin with is pressing that menu button).

Other than that the inventory menu is quite useful. I do recommend testing it with something like Heretical Doom as that mod has both items you'd only want to use once until they expire, items you'd use in an emergency, and items you'd want to spam. Quite a diverse set of conditions to test in.

Also, regarding the laser sight feature, laser sight for first slot not showing should be optional since GMOTA's Doomslayer class's slot 1 weapon is an infinite ammo projectile pistol.
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Re: Weapon Menu Plus [v2.1] (+inventory menu)

Post by m8f »

Thanks!
1. Right into the todo list. That's reasonable. Maybe I'll also move inventory menu options to a separate Options menu.
2. Here I don't understand. I'll look into Heretical Doom. Right now menu should recommend wmauto every time you start a map with an unknown class. If you 'wmauto' a new class, the previous wmauto'ed class is lost (only one is remembered).
3. I tried this with weapons once. It was possible. It should be also possible for items. I'll investigate.
4. That's a good idea.
5. I cannot change what vanilla keys do.
6. OK, I'll add an option.

Also, new update (v2.1):
- added zoom key. Zoom factor is configured in options.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

The strange thing for point number 2 is that I had to WMAuto BOTH classes or it wouldn't work.

Alternatively, only the second class works and I didn't test the first class after WMAutoing both... What I do know is that after I WMAuto'd the first class, it wouldn't work and complained about the second class being unknown which is quite odd.
m8f

Re: Weapon Menu Plus [v2.2] (+universal, second attempt)

Post by m8f »

Update (version 2.2) is out!

New:
- Universal Mode (no more console scripts, it just works when you start a game, no setup needed);
- Separate position and step options for inventory menu;
- Throw Junk key (zero-damage hitscan attack);
- Quick inventory access keys;

Improvements:
- Option to allow zoom and laser sight on slot 1;
- Option for laser sight and zoom to be connected;
- Changed license to GPLv3;
- Reorganized options, moved controls to options menu.

Edit: small update (v 2.3):
- added an option to force Universal Mode
- added an option to play sound when weapons are changed
- removed message on game start
- added sound and actual junk for "Throw Junk" key
- added Clear Decals command (in Weapon Menu Plus Options, "Commands" submenu).
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Weapon Menu Plus [v2.3] (+universal, second attempt)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Woah, I take off my hat Mister M8f, this is a truly must-have addon! Really, really good work man, I congratulate you... :thumb: Image

I hope to see more future updates of this! 8-)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Sorry for the dumb question, but does "universal" mode means it will work on some bit older versions like 3.2?
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

GAA1992 wrote:Sorry for the dumb question, but does "universal" mode means it will work on some bit older versions like 3.2?
It means it's a new attempt to detect and work with all weapon sets / mods rather than the auto-detection method of before.
m8f

Post by m8f »

Hexereticdoom wrote:Woah, I take off my hat Mister M8f, this is a truly must-have addon! Really, really good work man, I congratulate you... :thumb: Image

I hope to see more future updates of this! 8-)
Thanks a lot :D
GAA1992 wrote:Sorry for the dumb question, but does "universal" mode means it will work on some bit older versions like 3.2?
The main purpose of "universal" is to work with all weapon sets, as RikohZX said. But actually, this too. Mod no longer relies on a bugfix in GZDoom version 3.3.0. I just tweaked the mod to work with 3.2.0, it seems to work. You can download the latest build that supports 3.2.0.
m8f

Re: Weapon Menu Plus [v2.4] (+pistol start option)

Post by m8f »

Update (v2.4):
- added Pistol Start option (thanks to Ed the Bat)
- quick access weapon fire: removed delay
- quick access weapon fire: do not switch back until key is released
- made zoom key more responsive
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

pistol start doesnt work with dump 3 weapons :(
m8f

Post by m8f »

Thanks for reporting. It's odd, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'll look into it, but I cannot promise anything.

Edit: update (v2.5):
- added Infinite Ammo For Slot 2 option. This option has limitations, see Gameplay Options section in Weapon Menu Plus Options.
- SSG is now hidden from menu for vanilla Doom 1
- added "Give some ammo for this weapon" command to Commands section
- added Restart Level command to Commands section
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Someone64 wrote:The strange thing for point number 2 is that I had to WMAuto BOTH classes or it wouldn't work.

Alternatively, only the second class works and I didn't test the first class after WMAutoing both... What I do know is that after I WMAuto'd the first class, it wouldn't work and complained about the second class being unknown which is quite odd.
The way that ammo drops work in Heretical Doom is that they first drop a spawner, that checks the player's class. If it detects the classic mode class, it will then daisy chain spawn a similar pickup for that class, then removing itself so as to not leave a duplicate. This is mainly due to the way their ammo pools and proprietary items work.

Dunno if that helps, but I figured I might as well try to reduce the headache of trying to figure out wtf I was thinking when I made them work the way they do. Since the Classic Caster mode is still very new, you could try testing it with version 1.1 or older to narrow it down.

Here's an example of the crossbow bolt spawner:

Code: Select all

ACTOR ShellSpawner : CustomInventory
{
	+VULNERABLE
	+CANNOTPUSH
	DamageFactor "Firemace", 0
	DamageFactor "Phoenix", 0
	DamageFactor "Bomb", 0
	DamageFactor "Pod", 0
	DamageFactor "Fire", 0
	Inventory.PickupMessage "Ethereal Bolts"
	Inventory.PickupSound "NEWPKUP2"
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0 NoDelay A_JumpIf(CheckClass("Corvette",AAPTR_PLAYER1),"Whoops")
		AMC1 A 1 Bright
		Loop
	Pickup:
		TNT1 A 0 A_GiveInventory ("BrutalCrossbowAmmo", 3)
		TNT1 A 0 A_GiveInventory ("Experience", 5)
		TNT1 A 0 ACS_NamedExecute("GreenTrap")
		stop
	Whoops:
		TNT1 A 0 A_SpawnItem("ClassicShellSpawner",0,0,False)
		TNT1 A 0 A_Remove(0)
		Stop
  }
}
If it detects the Classic mode class "Corvette", it then creates the "ClassicShellSpawner" and removes itself.
m8f

Re: Weapon Menu Plus [v2.5] (+infinite ammo for slot 2 optio

Post by m8f »

Since Weapon Menu version 2.2 mod supports all weapon mods in a more universal way, and wmauto script is removed. There is no need to manually run the setup anymore, you just load any weapons alongside Weapon Menu, and it should work automatically. If there are any problems with Heretical Doom and recent version of Weapon Menu, please tell me. I just ran it in Kinsie's Test Map, and it seems to work fine.
m8f

Re: Weapon Menu Plus [v2.5] (+infinite ammo for slot 2 optio

Post by m8f »

Update (v2.6):
- added ammo multiplier. You can now configure how much ammo you get.
- added kickback multiplier (for hitscan weapons only).
- zoom: now isn't allowed while deselecting, + weapon is lowered while zoomed.
- throwing junk now alerts monsters.
- if inventory items or weapons lack proper tag, and their names are in camelCase, names are now separated into words.
- added some descriptions in options.
m8f

Re: Weapon Menu Plus [v2.7]

Post by m8f »

Update (v2.7):
Fixes:
- improved pistol start script. There were problems in some mods, now every mod should work fine.
- fixed zoom on switch on pickup.

improvements for zoom:
- added an option to disable weapon lowering while zoomed.
- added zoom speed multiplier.

Other things:
- added laser sight color option (available colors are red, green, and blue).
- added GZDoom weapon options to options menu. It collects various weapon-related GZDoom options in one place.

Edit: minor update (v2.7.1)
- updated support for HXRTC Project Golden Edition.
- added proper handling of using the last item in inventory.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”