[minimod][v3.10.1] Weapon Menu +

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Re: [v1.10] Weapon Menu

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Is there any way to program this ZScript to take effect when using GZDoom's built-in Prev/Next Weapon inputs, instead of separate keybinds? Question coming from a Delta Touch user...
m8f

Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

I'll look into it. It may be not possible to do this universally and within constraints of current implementation.

Delta Touch page says that it has "Custom buttons for GZDoom for mods". So I assume that Weapon Menu is usable on Delta Touch, just uncomfortable, is it?
ShockwaveS08
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

m8f wrote:So I assume that Weapon Menu is usable on Delta Touch, just uncomfortable, is it?
It is, but only six custom buttons can be used at any given time, and more often than not they're already bound to vital functions in the mods I play...

Brutal Doom: Reloading/Unloading (doublebind), Kicking, Throwing Grenades, Flashlight, Dual-Wielding, and Offending.
Doom Incarnate: Reloading, Hatchet Slice/Throw, Throw Grenade, Left Hand Firemode/Crosswield, Right Hand Firemode/Crosswield, Dual-Wielding.

...and the Prev/Next weapon inputs on my controller are hard-coded into Delta Touch, and cannot be bound to something else.
m8f

Post by m8f »

Ok. Thanks for the input. I'll see how I can employ InputProcess function from EventHandler.
m8f

Re: Weapon Menu [v1.13] (+ weapon slot customization)

Post by m8f »

Updates:
1.10-1.13:
added Project MSX out of the box support.
added Accessories to Murder out of the box support.
fixed: selecting already selected weapon doesn't reset last used weapon now.
added keys for changing weapon slot. Now you can totally reorganize the order of the weapons! Weapon order changes are reset on new game.
Last edited by m8f on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
m8f

Re: Weapon Menu [v1.13] (+ weapon slot customization)

Post by m8f »

There was a bug in version 1.13 that could cause a crash. Please download version 1.13.1 instead.
Tranthula

Re: Weapon Menu [v1.14.1] (+ DoomRL Arsenal)

Post by Tranthula »

Wow, thank you for this, and a big thanks for the DRLA compatability! You're awesome
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Is there a way to clear/erase a list if the auto-detection doesn't quite work right? Two different mods, one that tries to TC all weapons, items and enemies into Duke Nukem 3D stuff, and Project Brutality, ended up detecting very limited weapons and thus making the mod kind of unusable for them normally. I think PB broke it because of the way it handles weapons and upgrades, probably too much for the mod. Meanwhile DN3D broke because it has a power-up that changes weapons into different variants, and "giving the player everything" for the auto-detection gave the power-up and thus only detected the power-up versions at the time.
m8f

Post by m8f »

Yes. Open gzdoom.ini file, find variable "M8fWeaponMenuRememberedClass" and delete it or change its value.

Too much for the mod - I don't think so. Menu handles HXRTC Project, DoomRL Arsenal, Russian Overkill (with wmauto) without problems. Project Brutality forbids cheats, can you try setting "sv_cheats true" (note that it takes effect on next map, so "map *" may help)?

DN3D - I'll look into it. Can you say what mod is it?
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

I tried the sv_cheats thing just to make sure and got the same result. Though strangely, the detection for PB hung for several seconds per each percentage jump until I think it hit 70%. The DN3D one did the same thing, though it just lists "Double Duke" infront of the weapons while keeping them selectable. And I dunno how old this thing is, it's probably not the best mod to be using nowadays but it's something.
m8f

Post by m8f »

Maybe I have to add official support for these mods.
Do I understand right that this is not the full list of weapons (default class "Project Brutality"):
Spoiler:
About hanging on - it's how wmauto works.

Edit: About Duke: isn't this the full list?
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Yeah, that's the full list. The names get influenced by the Double Duke power-up, but you can select them perfectly fine. Meanwhile for some reason Project Brutality isn't cooperating with the default pistol and rifle. Everything else shows just fine. I think it might have to do with the Weapon Upgrades for certain weapons replacing their normal counterparts in the menu somehow.

Edit: Turns out I was right. By disabling the 4 "weapon upgrade replacements" and then doing the check again, it added the rifle and pistol properly. I guess somehow having the replacement upgrades enabled hides the base ones from the detection.
m8f

Post by m8f »

Thank you for reporting! I'll add out-of-the box support for both.
Edit: maybe not, since mods are working fine with wmauto.
m8f

Post by m8f »

RikohZX wrote:Brutality isn't cooperating with the default pistol and rifle. ...

Edit: Turns out I was right. By disabling the 4 "weapon upgrade replacements" and then doing the check again, it added the rifle and pistol properly. I guess somehow having the replacement upgrades enabled hides the base ones from the detection.
Tested both mods. I have no problems with Project Brutality at all. Rifle and pistol are present in the list and are selectable. Weapon that can be upgraded are present in the list and are selectable. Are you sure that you use the latest Project Brutality version (2.03)?

RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

I'm using a 3.0 test, actually, so that probably might have something to do with it.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”