IronTusks - Diablo3D V1.2.25 + Patch (Links UPDATED)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Iron Tusks Heretic - Diablo 3D

Post by irontusk341 »

I will be Alpha Testing the First Episode of this project, At 2:30pm EST. you can check it out here. As i will be hard testing for bugs, and gamebreaking bugs as well.
https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=PFMhJyf1I48
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Watched your testplay, and again it seems to me that are too much artifacts on the maps. Of course that's just a point of balancing but I think what you should test it by playing Cleric or Hunter, since their melee weapons weaker than Warrior's, and their basic ranged weapons (2nd) overall weaker than Mage's Wand, while the Necro's Shadow can be shield meat and damage booster from start.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:Watched your testplay, and again it seems to me that are too much artifacts on the maps. Of course that's just a point of balancing but I think what you should test it by playing Cleric or Hunter, since their melee weapons weaker than Warrior's, and their basic ranged weapons (2nd) overall weaker than Mage's Wand, while the Necro's Shadow can be shield meat and damage booster from start.
i can lower the artifact count slightly. But its mostly for the insane amount of monsters i added.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

One problem i do have is, when you end the level, the nointermission script (SKIPS) your par time, % of kills % of items and % secrets found and goes directly to the next level. While i wanted to skip the intermission MAP i wanted to keep the End Level kill count screen. What should i use besides the Nointermission text in MAPINFO?
irontusk341

Re: Iron Tusks Heretic - Diablo 3D BETA RELEASED

Post by irontusk341 »

The BETA is up and ready to play... This is just the first episode. i will upload the other 5 with that once its finished.

Remember this game is still in beta so if theres any bugs, or things that need fixed, let me know. Thanks.

download Diablo Beta here
Korell

Post by Korell »

507MB? What's in it that makes it that big a Heretic mod?

EDIT: So having downloaded and taken a look, it's a GZDoom installation, with loads of WAD and PK3 files, and even a BAK file backup of the modified diablo_Beta.pk3. The provided batch file says that these are the files used:

wrathofcronosnothexenpatch.pk3
wrathofcronosr2c2c.pk3
wrathofcronoshereticpatch2.pk3
wrathofcronosr2_hereticweapfix.pk3
SilverspringCTF_2-WayTextures_V4.pk3
StainedGlassWindowsTex.pk3
Test.pk3
MageslayerTexPack.wad
ShadowCasterTex.WAD
hexen2tx.wad
HereHQsounds.pk3
heretic_high_resolution_pack.pk3
Hexen_brightmaps.pk3
Hexen_lights.pk3
diablo_beta.pk3
Dsoundtrack.pk3
diablo_beta.wad

But this means the following are unused, so using up space unnecessarily (for a total of 165MB):

diablo.pk3
diablo_Beta.pk3.bak
gore.wad
hexen_high_resolution_pack.pk3
wrathofcronosr2c_extramonsv12.pk3
wrathofcronosr2cfix.pk3

Also, the batch file references HereHQsounds.pk3 and Hexen_brightmaps.pk3 but there are no corresponding files for these.
Last edited by Korell on Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Have wanted write the same.

37Mb+6,1Mb - absolutely useless wrathofcronosr2cfix.pk3 and wrathofcronosr2c_extramonsv12.pk3 (which works only with Doom)
7,3Mb - a something TEST.pk3
97Mb - heretic_high_resolution_pack.pk3
82,7Mb - hexen_high_resolution_pack.pk3 (how it can be used since the Diablo 3d developed for Heretic?)
177Mb - Dsoundtrack.pk3 (self-explanatory I think)
22Mb - diablo_Beta.pk3.bak (a some backup file, not used in loading line)
22Mb - diablo.pk3 (not used in loading line)
Well, as result here are about 450Mb aside from Diablo and WoC mods or 274Mb if don't count music pack. I think that awesome Dsoundtrack.pk3 and HR packs should be published as standalone bonus content; OR as a variant you should make a light pack, aside from full massive pack with all stuff.

Btw, unfortunatelly I can't play in this mod because I had clash with a major lags even with disabled graphic options up to completelly turning off textures. Maybe that happens because my hardware is too outdated, dunno. In any case I'll try to edit launch line for compare performance difference. :/
Korell

Post by Korell »

Tried running it in the latest GZDoom dev build and I just get a load of warnings and errors:

Invalid data encountered for textures: hexen2tx.wad:TX_ANIMS, hexen2tx.wad:TX_SKIES, diablo_beta.pk3:satyr.wad:DSSATSIT, diablo_beta.pk3:satyr.wad:DSSATDTH.
Script warnings for unknown patches in textures, all inside wrathofcronosr2c2c.pk3.
Textures referencing themselves as patches, again all inside wrathofcronosr2c2c.pk3.
Some actors defined more than once, so GZDoom renames them all so that it can attempt to run, but it does indicate that there is duplicate or redundant code present. This may be due to the extensive number of WADs and PK3s being used.
Then there are script errors present, and these are what prevent it from even running. There are a lot of "Integer expected for parameter x" errors.
Plus some script warnings, "Self pointer used in ambiguous context; VM execution may abort!" and "Truncation of floating point constant -0.500000".
And finally some unknown class names.

All in all, it reports: Execution could not continue. 785 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

IIRC, IronTusk had wrote somewhere that he will use the older gzdoom versions for his project since the gzdoom 2.2 is the last version compatible with latest WoC for now, at the other side maybe worldendDominator will have manage to fix WoC compatibility. But anyway only IronTusk himself can clarify it. I have launch his pack on gzdoom 2.2.
Korell

Post by Korell »

Yep, it's 2.2 that he's bundled it with and it loads up on that one, but that is a very old and now unsupported version. It does run fine on my machine, though, and even with lots of enemies around the framerate was fine. My machine is only two years old, though. It seems to come with a basic GZDoom ini file, rather than one with bindings for the necessary functions.

So, having played a little of it now, the difficulty seems way too high. Even cheating (using give all) to get a load of skill and stat points and weapons, I still got killed (and that was with 1300+ HP) when I started the second map with a swarm of enemies behind it. Also, I don't know how, as a fighter, you'd kill the ghost golems. It seemed that only the magical weapons and spells could harm them, but without cheating I wouldn't have gotten any.

Additionally, is the sprint binding redundant once you've levelled up your agility to get a higher speed? Only I noticed that once it hit a certain level that normal movement was as fast as sprinting and the spring/toggle sprint button then did nothing to the player speed.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Korell wrote:It does run fine on my machine, though, and even with lots of enemies around the framerate was fine. My machine is only two years old, though.
Lol, my PC build have only 2Gb DDR2 and Athlon 64 x2 5600 is almost 10 years old, by the way slowdowns caused by diablo_Beta.pk3, which contains decorations and extra Brutal effects. Therefore, or either the file is poorly optimized, or my hardware is really outdated. :? Also without diablo_Beta.pk3 I got a lot of exclamation marks due missing stuff.
Korell wrote:So, having played a little of it now, the difficulty seems way too high. Even cheating (using give all) to get a load of skill and stat points and weapons, I still got killed (and that was with 1300+ HP) when I started the second map with a swarm of enemies behind it.

Additionally, is the sprint binding redundant once you've levelled up your agility to get a higher speed? Only I noticed that once it hit a certain level that normal movement was as fast as sprinting and the spring/toggle sprint button then did nothing to the player speed.
That's why I advised yesterday to do a testing, by playing for the Hunter or Cleric. Now I play for Cleric on 5 diff, hard but interesting.

That's true, but anyway you can tune movement speed limit in options as well as remove "run" function. Also there is no need to boost AGI nobody unless you play for Hunter.
Korell wrote:Also, I don't know how, as a fighter, you'd kill the ghost golems. It seemed that only the magical weapons and spells could harm them, but without cheating I wouldn't have gotten any.
Yep, warrior haven't any skills (with except ridiculous War Cry) which can harm ghostly mobs. Only weapons with having mana does it, independent of the distance of battle. BUT! Pumping up STR or physical passive skills (like masteries) will acts like modificator to magic damage source, main thing - having mana.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Sorry i was away hosting a SBLII party, and couldnt respond in time. The golem ghosts in the first level are what make the game more challenging. I did hope to balance it out with more Flasks which works great against ghosts if used tactically.

If you dont want to run the textures just edit the bat file and erase "Heretic_High_resolution_Pack.pk3" or you could delete the pk3 if you dont want it. But the Modded pack gives custom 1K Textures i picked to certain objects and replaces some of the already HQ textures with higher Definition textures.
Last edited by irontusk341 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

The link only for dropbox users.
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Void Weaver wrote:The link only for dropbox users.
This link is not even for download. :D
Korell

Post by Korell »

Yep, download link isn't working.

Also, it sounds like the intended use is for the high res pack to be used as you said you've chosen some specifically to replace some objects. However, personally I find mixing high and low res textures/sprites to be quite jarring (high res walls and doors with a low res monster sprite, for example), and so to not use the high res texture packs would mean I probably won't see some items/textures with the correct sprite/texture. Why not have the standard Doom engine resolution sprites and textures and then provide an optional high res pack?

Oh, and it looks like some of the weapons are designed for a 4:3 screen resolution as when you use them (like an axe swing, for example) part of it disappears before the edge of the screen when playing in a widescreen mode.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”