IronTusks - Diablo3D V1.2.25 + Patch (Links UPDATED)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

IronTusks - Diablo3D V1.2.25 + Patch (Links UPDATED)

Post by irontusk341 »

Main Title
Main Title
UPDATED 10/28/20

Pretty much have all the texture bugs, triggers, and laggers fixed.. I removed all the dead weight such as Oculus and gatekeeper. and FINALLY I brought balance to the force..... well...not really i just buffed the hammer of retribution and the bug that prevented you from switching back to your first weapon had been squashed! So far this is the most polished version released... Hopefully im done with the bugfixes.. if theres any more let me know. :thumb:

:!: PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF DOOMGUY, READ THE README FILE & FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. :!:

Introduction
Finally a game that almost feels like the Diablo Series, Town Area's, Gheed (your Favorite merchant), You have skill systems, weapons, chests, useful items, hidden loot that can boost your stats, monsters from diablo 1 and 2, music from diablo 1 and 2, sound effects from diablo 1 and 2, Voices from Cain during intermissions, and map designs that are as close to the original games as possible. Its insane how much work went into this. Special thanks to Void Weaver, Aheretic, Ogden, Hoover1979, Thetis and others for contributing to this master piece. (A more expansive list of credits is in the game menu)

Story
Spoiler:

INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO DOWNLOAD/INSTALL/RUN THE GAME
Spoiler:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Spoiler:
Game Trailer

CLASSES
Spoiler:

THE WAIT IS OVER! FINALLY a TC mod that gives the feel, atmosphere, and RPG elements of The Diablo Series!!! This mod was Tested Stable on multiple systems with Gzdoom 4.2.1 and Zandronum 3..
If you already have the main files, just download the PATCH, extract and replace the old files. The game should now be computer friendly, since theres now 3 ways (soon to be 4) to play the game, Regular version, No Brutal Effects Version, and a Lite Version. Please use the Batch files DO NOT DRAG AND DROP pk3's and wads INTO GZDOOM.exe!!

2 versions of This Mod are available to you... LITE and FULL. I F there is a patch, Make sure you download the PATCH *after* you download the main files.

LATEST PATCH NOTES
Spoiler:
HARDWARE SPECIFICATIONS
Spoiler:
Legal Aspect:

"The mod uses resources from Activision blizzard's Subsidary Raven who own the rights to both Diablo and Heretic respectively.. The Mod uses the Heretic Engine in the gameplay, while Hexen content (Also owned by Activision Blizzard's Raven) The mod is shared freely, and all diablo and heretic content is owned by them, and used with permission under the explicit premise that there will be no profit made from the project, unless the profit is beneficial to Solely Activision Blizzard."

C R E D I T S
Spoiler:
Files
https://www.mediafire.com/file/xf1nn2aq ... E.rar/file (Diablo 3D Lite Version) - 600MB Rar File
https://www.mediafire.com/file/7upaglqn ... Y.rar/file (Diablo 3D Full Version) - 2.7GB Rar File
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bhl3s7s3 ... h.rar/file (Diablo 3D Patch) - 570gb Rar File
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ab2llag48 ... 9.zip/file (Diablo 3D Classic - VR Compatible) 1GB Zip file
Attachments
ss.jpg
bat file.jpg
Last edited by irontusk341 on Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:20 am, edited 144 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Iron Tusks Heretic - Diablo 3D

Post by wildweasel »

I'm sorry to pull the Guidelines on you, but do you have anything done of your project to show us that there is actually a project?
1) Before posting a new topic here, be sure you actually have a project in progress or release. For example, posting a new thread called "Mario TC" with the post "Hey i'm making a mario tc, more info soon!" isn't good enough. Be sure you've got plans for your project. Think about things like main features, help you could possibly want, suggestions you'd like. Or go take a few screenshots. People like screenshots. Just make sure you have a base for what you're going to be working on or no one is going to take interest. (Your title screen really doesn't count.)

2) Just to clarify from the above rule: you need to post something from your project! If a project thread is posted without screenshots, we'll give you some time to get them added, or else your project thread is going to get locked. Not everybody wants to download a large-ish WAD file and puzzle over what exactly is changed, so it helps to show people what it looks like without making them read a wall of text or download a file and be surprised. If the mod has already been released in the thread's first post, screenshots are merely suggested, not required. We can be more lenient for mods where a screenshot does not convey what the mod actually does, i.e. for music and sound patches or mutators.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

My Apologies, i do have a few screenshots of the work being done.. i attempted to attach them, but instead ill use the img code..

Doom builder layout of the Labyrinth Dungeon
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5AEACDB0

GzDoom 2.2 screenshot of first map (Labyrinth Dungeon)
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5AF8FD0E

Hope that helps.
Last edited by irontusk341 on Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

I don't like the way the arms punch, especially when the sprites leave the screen edges like that.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Gideon020 wrote:I don't like the way the arms punch, especially when the sprites leave the screen edges like that.
There are still some bugs from the Wrath of Crono's pack (which is essential for this mod) that Thetis needs to fix, that was one of them. i believe there could be temporarly "Fix" by changing the Aspect Ratio of your game.. Which widens the view. This is common for many classic FPS games which switch from 800x600 to 1920x1080.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Update:
I combined both the elements of Wrath of Crono's (RPG leveling/class/merchant/etc) and Brutal Heretic's (blood Decal's/lighting Effects/monster Behavior) and combined them. Before today, i did experiment with this last year with limited success (getsfxcvar) error message killed the experiment. Now i have eliminated that problem without causing conflicts. Now you have whats called a Brutal Wrath of Crono's mod, and im using it for my Diablo 3D project.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5AEF5DD9
Last edited by Rachael on Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: convert large image to link
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

Diablo meets Heretic? Count me in!!!!
Looking forward to this!
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

i've hit a wall... im looking to either change or get rid of entirely the Heretic intermission map for Diablo 3D. not sure how to do that yet. any ideas?
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

if i want to play heretic or hexe do i just need those IWADS?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

shadstarn wrote:if i want to play heretic or hexe do i just need those IWADS?
I would assume that this does, in fact, require Heretic.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Yes, it requires the iWad Heretic to run.
Korell

Post by Korell »

irontusk341 wrote:i've hit a wall... im looking to either change or get rid of entirely the Heretic intermission map for Diablo 3D. not sure how to do that yet. any ideas?
Do you not just edit the MAPINFO file to define how the maps in your mod need to be set up? There is a NoIntermission flag that should mean that as soon as that map is finished the next one starts.

https://zdoom.org/wiki/MAPINFO/Map_definition
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Korell wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:i've hit a wall... im looking to either change or get rid of entirely the Heretic intermission map for Diablo 3D. not sure how to do that yet. any ideas?
Do you not just edit the MAPINFO file to define how the maps in your mod need to be set up? There is a NoIntermission flag that should mean that as soon as that map is finished the next one starts.

https://zdoom.org/wiki/MAPINFO/Map_definition
Yep that what im looking for.. Skipping the intermission screen and going from one map directly to an another.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Fast forward to 6:43 for my Diablo 3D status, and what ive added so far.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Spoiler:
irontusk341 wrote:Any thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?
Would be good if you will use thumbnails by a some nice image hosting like as imgur; also I hope what your first post will be reflects changes and work progress too.
irontusk341 wrote:Diablo 3D project using Wrath of Crono's and Heretic.
irontusk341 wrote:Didnt think i could do it, but its possible, i just cant make open worlds like in diablo 2 and 3.
Honestly, I hoped what this mod will be Hexen-hub-based, but the Heretic base is fine too.

Mapping
irontusk341 wrote:Now this diablo 3D story will contain, diablo as episode 1, fighting diablo and defeating his essence in hopes his followers will scatter and save tristram. Episodes 2-6 will follow the storyline of Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction. Acts 1-5. There are no open maps, so instead of wilderness and vast desert, you have for example dungeon areas like The Halls of The Dead, The Arcane Sanctuary, The Chaos Sanctuary and The Worldstone Keep.
That's sounds a bit confusing for me since I already saw open map in your older demo Heretic Meets Diablo II - WOC mod. But a good dungeon - is a good dungeon anyway.
I sense that you is a big fan of bottomless traps and chasms and i like it, but I don't think what this will be good in diablo-style map setting. I know that you can make fairly good maps like as Halls of Fear (e3m6) in your IronTusk mod, but many of your maps are looks too squarish and symmetrical. So, I hope that your maps in the Diablo 3D will be less linear and more complicated. Btw, I think what you must pay more attention to map decorations also, and I talk not about texturing. ;)
As variant, should be interesting if you have try to realize randomly generated maps system in your mod; maybe through Oblige map generator. For example, like as in unfinished Seidolon's project Hexen: Randomly Generated Dungeons. I believe that feature can be imlemented on the Heretic base also.

Bestiary
I think what the mod with a unique bestiary in a Diablo style will be a very promising course. When I also seen in your older demo Heretic Meets Diablo II - WOC mod a something looks like a D2 Flying Scimitar, I had say to myself: "Wow! Looks that dude really wants make fps-Diablo mod!" So, I hope that you make appropriate bestiary in future for your mod, ideally for me as like in Diablo II Conversion Mod.
irontusk341 wrote:Update:
I combined both the elements of Wrath of Crono's (RPG leveling/class/merchant/etc) and Brutal Heretic's (blood Decal's/lighting Effects/monster Behavior) and combined them. Before today, i did experiment with this last year with limited success (getsfxcvar) error message killed the experiment. Now i have eliminated that problem without causing conflicts. Now you have whats called a Brutal Wrath of Crono's mod, and im using it for my Diablo 3D project.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5AEF5DD9
That's is! I have waited this combo sooo looong time! But... what if the Thetis will release a new version with significant changes, will your build be guaranteed to be compatible with the new version? I dunno how exactly you made it, but maybe you should make the Brutal Heretic's Extras like a standalone module for better compatibility with the new hypothetical versions?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”