IronTusks - Diablo3D V1.2.25 + Patch (Links UPDATED)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - OFFICIAL RELEASE V1.1

Post by Rachael »

So this mod is a mixed bag for me. I both like it and dislike it.

There is obviously a lot of time and effort put into this, and something like this is a huge undertaking, no doubt. Essentially telling the entire long story of Diablo.

I was disappointed there were no outdoor areas. In particular I would've wanted to see Tristram. I also felt like the levels were a little bit square and under-detailed. XD Ironically this comes on the heels of me criticizing Tormentor for *over* detailing, but I guess there's just an extreme to extreme and a happy medium.

Overall I feel like this mod has a lot of potential, though, and would love to see later iterations of it.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

Rachael wrote:So this mod is a mixed bag for me. I both like it and dislike it.

There is obviously a lot of time and effort put into this, and something like this is a huge undertaking, no doubt. Essentially telling the entire long story of Diablo.

I was disappointed there were no outdoor areas. In particular I would've wanted to see Tristram. I also felt like the levels were a little bit square and under-detailed. XD Ironically this comes on the heels of me criticizing Tormentor for *over* detailing, but I guess there's just an extreme to extreme and a happy medium.

Overall I feel like this mod has a lot of potential, though, and would love to see later iterations of it.
@Rachael
Thanks. Theres always room for improvement. just wanted to note, that E2M9 level is the ruins of tristram. E2M4, E3M6, Most of Episode 4, Episode 5, and E6M1 are mostly open area's.

@Cherno,
Cherno wrote:Hello, thank you for creating this mod/TC. I started playing as the Rogue and wonder when I will find any other weapons? I'm stuck with the machete/dagger the whole time.
Also, I am stuck after opening the green door in level 1. I can't seem to find the blue key and there are no switches I can see.
Its a very large level, without giving out too many hints on how to get past, but after you enter the green door, take a really close look at the Sarcophagus. Every one of them... one of them will help you on your quest. You get your first weapon in Map 3. If you are having trouble with mobs, use your flasks, there are reagents you can combine to make more flasks. You can be expected to find a Weapon every 2 map levels, And big bosses have a 25% chance to drop Rare weapons.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Thanks. I'M at level 3 now and found the bow. There are two grates in the middle of the map that can be walked through, btw.

Now that I have the bow, I can't seem to switch back to the dagger though :?:
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

irontusk341 wrote: just wanted to note, that E2M9 level is the ruins of tristram. E2M4, E3M6, Most of Episode 4, Episode 5, and E6M1 are mostly open area's.
Ah, I never made it that far. Thanks for pointing that out. :)
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Cherno wrote:Thanks. I'M at level 3 now and found the bow. There are two grates in the middle of the map that can be walked through, btw.

Now that I have the bow, I can't seem to switch back to the dagger though :?:
It seems to be a lingering bug i havent found a fix for since Version 0.5, i 'believe' its a WrathofCronos2.pk3 issue.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Finally got a chance to play this, I'm enjoying it so far! You managed to get that Diablo feel as far as the levels/enemies and such go. Bit more looting would be nice, but it's understandably hard to do in Doom.

Does this also contain a working version of WoC in it? I think I saw you mention it works with a later version of GzDoom, so that's another bonus!
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

-Ghost- wrote:Finally got a chance to play this, I'm enjoying it so far! You managed to get that Diablo feel as far as the levels/enemies and such go. Bit more looting would be nice, but it's understandably hard to do in Doom.

Does this also contain a working version of WoC in it? I think I saw you mention it works with a later version of GzDoom, so that's another bonus!
Yes, the WOC.pk3 works with the new versions of GZDoom now, special thanks to Void Weaver and WorldEndDominator.
Last edited by irontusk341 on Sun May 27, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

I'm at E2M5 The forgotten Tower now, reached the end, and I'm stuck yet again :)
I think there was some kind of mini-boss, at least some women's voice sounded and she appeared before vanishing after a few seconds, maybe she was killed as there seems to be a corpse belonging to her (blood with human skull), but nothing is happening now.

Edit: Just found my way out... I had to travel back, almost to the starting area where a passage had opened. Without a map scroll I gave myself via cheat I probably wouldn't have seen it.
Last edited by Cherno on Sun May 27, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

2irontusk341:
irontusk341 wrote:Curious, Were you able to convert Mephisto and Diablo into sprites?
YES for now! You can grab them in any time if you want; and moreover they are DECORATEd actors also. But Meph and Baal will be converted later. A new bundle of sprites have arrived also.
Just note: default base hp is
3000 for Butcher
66666 for Hellfire Diablo
666666 for LoD Diablo
and they are quite strong ofc.
irontusk341 wrote:Yes, the WOC.pk3 works with the new versions of GZDoom now, special thanks to Void Weaver and WorldDominator.
Amazing news! ... Despite I has nothing to do for this actually. 0_o Btw, his nick name is worldendDominator. ;D

It's time to take a short break and try your new release. :)
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

in my Amplified Pack, i wanted to add Lighting to a Door Texture. I have the textures needed, but for some reason i havent been able to do it with the Amplified pack Like a wooden door with a Gargoyles head on it with blue light for eyes, yellow light, and green etc. I was able to import some 3D models from Doomsday, only the ones thats compatible for now anyway... Lots of new stuff coming in Version 1.2. For now, ill look into integrating Mephisto and both diablos into the project. Thanks Void-Weaver!
Cherno wrote:I'm at E2M5 The forgotten Tower now, reached the end, and I'm stuck yet again :)
I think there was some kind of mini-boss, at least some women's voice sounded and she appeared before vanishing after a few seconds, maybe she was killed as there seems to be a corpse belonging to her (blood with human skull), but nothing is happening now.

Edit: Just found my way out... I had to travel back, almost to the starting area where a passage had opened. Without a map scroll I gave myself via cheat I probably wouldn't have seen it.
Yea that level is kinda tricky, i wanted the entrance and exit to be close together without breaking the challenge of traversing the level and defeating The Countess. If only there was some way to alert the player that a door has been opened somewhere via text or special sound... (Chaos Devices work wonders here)
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Did you actually test it with GZDoom 3.3.2? That's what I'm using.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

AvzinElkein wrote:Did you actually test it with GZDoom 3.3.2? That's what I'm using.
So far by testing... Version 1.2 should work on the latest versions of Gzdoom, and Zandronum. Version 1.2 was released today 5/29/18.

Version 1.2 changes..

-CHANGES SINCE V1.1-
1. Textures (on Steps and some walls) replaced in Various maps to fit alignment.
2. Added Amplified Pack (Its a big pack and it might make heretic load slower between levels)
3. Fixed HD/Amplified Textures on E5M2
4. Fixed Name Tags on Wrath of Cronos
5. Edited Spawn point in E1M1. Its now much darker.
6. Zakarum High Priest Fixed
7. Added Compatible 3D models and HD GUI for the Amplified Pack.
8. Added Diablo 1's Butcher Sprite to this mod, as well as Diablo 1's The Dark Lord and Diablo 2's The Lord of Terror to the mod as well... Special thanks to Void_Weaver
9. Black Knights damage increased.
10. 98% of heretic's original monsters (minus Gargoyle species, D'sparil boss) removed from levels.
11. Armor, Artifacts, Potions, and flasks all renamed to fit the Diablo series.
12. Music Fixed in E4M8 "Kurast Sewers"
13. Real Diablo Boss Sprites now drop random items.
14. Added new Flat Textures for portals in E1M8, E1M9, and E1M6
15. Updated Player SFX for High Quality Experience
16. Cleared clutter textures from HD Texture pack and 4K texture pack to save space
17. All Ethereal Monsters including Shades, Specters, and ghosts are now immune to ice and physical damage.
18. Tweaked the weapon progression system. You now no longer have to wait till E1M3 to get a new weapon.
19. Changed the maximum obtainable amount of weapons one can have through spawning at 8 instead of 6.
20. Changed the maximum obtainable amount of weapons one can have from spawns and rare drops to 10 instead of 9.
21. A 10th obtained weapon (most likely through rare drop) will have its weapon selection number set to 0.
22. Farmer Lesters (from diablo hellfire) Thunderfork now properly utilizes Lightning Damage, its fire rate is decreased but its damage slightly increased. Its a good sniping weapon.
23. imported Fire Sprites to add immersion.
24. Episode 1-5 Bosses have a 50/50 chance Drop a black Soul Stone Shard which when activated allows you to have spiritual companion to help you slay demons.
25. Garbahd The Weak has been added to E1M1 as a level miniboss, Original Heretic sprite removed.
26. The Horadric Staff of Kings is the only weapon that deals holy damage that can be utilized by all 5 player classes... The Paladin no longer has the burden of the only class to do holy damage.

KNOWN ISSUES....
1. Undead are immune to poison and ghosts are immune to poison and lightning, some poison weapons wont work on them, If you are a Paladin, the Que-Hegans scepter wont do any damage to undead.. This is being fixed in the next patch.
2. Sometimes having full armor permanently renders the player immune to physical damage, this is a bug in the Wrath of Cronos2.pk3, and hopefully will be fixed in the next patch.
3. Hud Displays Keys in black n white. This is from the modified Wrath of Cronos2.pk3 and hopefully will be fixed in the next patch.
4. Theres some heretic sprites i thought i got rid off. Hopefully they will be gone by the next patch
Last edited by irontusk341 on Tue May 29, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cherno

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - OFFICIAL RELEASE V1.2

Post by Cherno »

I'd like to add that the spectres are very annoying. They are not dangerous but they can only really be hurt be fire magic apparently, which for me as a Hunter, costs magika to use with my fire arrows and once I run out I have to hide and wait for my magika pool to replenish slowly. Of course, spectres always come in big groups :3:
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Cherno wrote:I'd like to add that the spectres are very annoying. They are not dangerous but they can only really be hurt be fire magic apparently, which for me as a Hunter, costs magika to use with my fire arrows and once I run out I have to hide and wait for my magika pool to replenish slowly. Of course, spectres always come in big groups :3:
i can separate them, but the immunities were intentional. So if i separate them, it might make it a little easier to kill them. They do suffer some other damage types by half... They should only be immune to physical, and be very resistant to cold, and poison. Lightning and arcane should do normal damage to them... Holy and Fire damage should do double damage.

On a side note i fixed the problem where if you (play on normal difficulty) have all Armor you become immune to physical damage.. I changed damage modifiers for the difficulties instead of damagefactor 0.5 for normal and 2 for Destruction. its now 1.0 for normal and scales all the way up to 2.5 on destruction... Basically 2-4 hits by a skeleton on E1M1 would kill you on Destruction, as opposed to 4-6 if you are Barbarian. Does that make the game super challenging or ridiculously hard?? this will be for the upcoming Version 1.3
SallazarSpellcaster

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

Hello.

I've been playing version 1.2 and I found a couple bugs.

So far I'm at map 2, and I'm a level 12 Sorcerer, playing with the Godly version.

1. Mana Charge drains your magick, but it doesn't, well, charge your mana.
2. Skill HUD icons are gone, I don't know if that's intentional or a bug.
3. It was reported before that upon switching weapons, you can't return to the weapon in slot 1.

Other than these, so far it's been really good, and it captures that dark Diablo feel.

As a suggestion, if I may, and same goes for Wrath of Cronos (since I saw you intend to release your edited version,) is there any possibility to have a magick potion, or an item that restores magick for all classes? As it is, other than the krater of might, only the mystic ambit incant restores magick, and that's only for the mage. In keeping with the Diablo theme, Diablo 2 had stamina and mana potions, trade stamina for magick and a yellow potion should fit well with the rest.

Edit:

I changed the Wrath of Cronos version that comes with the download, which is wrathofcronosr2, with wrathofcronosr2c2 (renamed as ...r2) and the mana charge and hud bugs I reported above are gone. So far things seem to be working well.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”