[v0.9.0] ZetaBot: The ZScript Bot

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [v0.9.0] ZetaBot: The ZScript Bot

Postby Gustavo6046 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:48 am

I just had a new idea.

What if we held a contest, where a WAD (or single map from a WAD) was chosen, and people had a deadline to make ZetaBot nodes for this WAD? Then, for each player's nods setup, four ZetaBots would be spawned (with coop respawn enabled) in the four player starts, and the nodes that led the bots to exit the level in the least amount of time would win.

This could encourage people to learn about bot pathing, as well as foster the ZetaBots themselves.

I will resume development on the ZetaBots. Just had to take a break. Sorry about that.
Gustavo6046

Discord: Gustavo6046#9009

Re: [v0.9.0] ZetaBot: The ZScript Bot

Postby Gustavo6046 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:32 pm

It is in grief that I announce that the ZetaBot project is now unfortunately discontinued; while it was a good ZScript learning experience, it is clear that this is still only a child's sandbox compared to projects that concern the native C++ code of GZDoom. Therefore, even with ZScript's new capabilities, attempting to develop a bot in it is mostly a moot point, at least when it comes to the essence of the project itself. It was very nice to work with you, fellow ZDoom forum members. Thank you.
Gustavo6046

Discord: Gustavo6046#9009

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods