Lambda (Oct/08/2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Lambda: The OpFor Update - HD Pack

Post by Caligari87 »

Dunno if this helps at all, but there are a class of rifles called Pistol Caliber Carbines, and they sometimes look like an M16/AR-15 but they fire 9mm or some other pistol cartridge (often with Glock pistol magazines).

8-)
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Rifles, by definition, are just guns that have long spirally grooved barrels. It can shoot anything from the mighty .50 BMG to .22LR, but if it has one of those barrels, it counts as a rifle.

Who knows, if we want to be pedantic, we could call the HECU's MP5 custom built. 50 round mag, a grenade launcher, something that looks like a suppressor but could be handwaved as some sort of elaborate performance increasing barrel +/or compensator since it doesn't actually suppress shots, it could be very much a 9mm Assault Rifle.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Extra feedback:

After i spend all the ammo of Gluon Gun except just one, the firing sound never stop until i absolutely waste it all.

It seems Trip Mines are not really friendly with the lift. The lift never goes up or down.
ghostboy1225

Post by ghostboy1225 »

was searching for ways to add brightmaps to viewmodels when stumbling across this thread i'll have to give it a try when i play doom again.

EDIT: played it some nice just you considered asking the creator of Zmovement if you can use his mod for that quake1/goldsource movement feel?
for the green/blue armor you considered just making it a HEV charger? and just doing the one armor system instead of green/blue armor giving different protection values?
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Just to let you know GZDoom 4.5.0 causes some issues with view bobbing. Also the lambda menu does work it just doesn't visually show it until you start a new game
TheCamaleonMaligno

Re: Lambda - Minor Hotfix (April/01/2021)

Post by TheCamaleonMaligno »

Yo hello everyone, it's been a while. I haven't been modding anything for quite a long time, i just got bored but here i am again (at least for now).
Here's another mini update, i'ts just some bugfixing for now:

Code: Select all

-Fixed tripmines blocking elevators/platforms/lifts/feet raiser
-Fixed typo in SNDInfo for the 357's firing sound
-Backpack rune: Reduced volume for spammy ammo that regenerates in less than 5 seconds
-Runes are now disabled by default since they're a bit too op (can be enabled from the menu)
-Fixed monsters not triggering their death special when gibbed (See: Map07 - Dead Simple)
-Added a missing variable in the player's code that caused issues with weapon bobbing on gzdoom 4.5.0.
-Increased speed in crossbow's firing and reloading animations
-Protection now counts as a Big Powerup
-Extended respawn time for powerups
-Increased snarks' spawn chance
-Buffed snarks a bit
-Increased a bit snark's explosion radius.
-Snarks properly mimics all of the player's damage powerups.
-Snark sounds's pitch now increases over time.
as for balance, there's nothing done yet
the opfor runes are still untouched, i recomend to only enable them when playing difficult mapsets like ancient aliens, that's when they shine

Important note:
There's a new variable in the player's code introduced from gzdoom 4.5.0 and because of this, the mod now requires GZDoom 4.5.0/LZDoom 3.87c or newer

Download
Xada

Post by Xada »

I'm glad there's some renewed interest in this mod, however for me it seems to still be giving a lot of bizarre issues.
Running with the newest official GZDoom release I still seem to get the puff/blood related crash:
https://i.imgur.com/cT5vwBg.png

I'm unsure what exactly is causing this but it does seem to pertain to the new bulletpuff or projectile behavior? It occurs very abruptly and seemingly at random. I can play an entire map and be fine,but crash only a few minutes into the next map for instance.

Aside from this some CVars in options still refuse to change for me even whilst at the basic menu, and what's more odd still is that when loading the thing more than a few times I'm suddenly getting the console spammed endlessly about ACS being unable to identify HEV suit commands.

https://i.imgur.com/mmkdzE3.png

Hoping the crashes can be resolved if nothing els.
TheCamaleonMaligno

Post by TheCamaleonMaligno »

I couldn't reproduce the CanBleed issue but i found something suspicious in the code and tried adress it, hope it works

Download

as for the spam in the console, that's a little bug i can't fix rightnow, it's related to the ACS HUD code, it happens when the doom/zdoom statusbar is active at the start of the map, type screenblocks 12 in the console to enable the hl hud, once done it shouldn't spam again (at least until starting a new map with the default hud), or just type 'developer 0'

the reason i can't support this HUD is because i have a new one written in ZScript, but it isn't finished yet
Xada

Re: Lambda - Another small fix (April/05/2021)

Post by Xada »

So far I have not noticed the crash rear it's head and have ran through several wads to ensure as much (or attempt to!)

I did however notice I think -part- of the issue could be related to how behavior works with bleeding actors. I noticed in a few mod's actors "BloodType" was set to "none", "", or a curiously missing actor type and unlike in regular gameplay this causes the HL mod to crash when it's blood spurt effect calls for an unknown BloodType actor.
I could be a little ignorant on the specifics here, though forcing the blood type to a null entity resolved any further crashes I came across so I believe it's safe to say the issue has been resolved, at least in this case. This is great news because it really helps the mod during online play!
Very much appreciate the effort done here to resolve-- this is one of my favorite mods to play around with.

As for a suggestions, would there be any attempt to implement altfires for things that do not already have them? The Shockroach weapon comes to mind specifically. Perhaps a held laser-beam altfire much akin to what's done in Sven Co-op? Would give the weapon some additional use, I figure even if relatively similar to the Gluon Gun.
m1lk
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by m1lk »

very nice mod. anyone suggest a map pack for it? or is there a half life tc out there somewhere?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I did play it with Back To Saturn X Episode 1 and 2. And yeah, it's really fitting with theme of the mod.
m1lk
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by m1lk »

alright I like this weapons mod, love the 3d models and everything. been pairing it with quite a few other mods, currently Alfonzone. one suggestion tho: can you make the m4 in 5.56 caliber instead of 9mm? you have a 5.56 mag on there. lol otherwise that's it.

also, there'sa bug with the snarks. if you try and throw them down the stairs, they get stuck.

also, after you get the double damage power and it fades away, the crowbar is still glowing red
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

I've loved this mod, but I swear the weapons do a lot less damage than normal. I can't confirm that, but I've always felt that way. Maybe I just haven't played enough Half-Life, but I tend to expect a Shotgun alt-fire to one-shot a Pinky lol
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

mamaluigisbagel wrote:I've loved this mod, but I swear the weapons do a lot less damage than normal. I can't confirm that, but I've always felt that way. Maybe I just haven't played enough Half-Life, but I tend to expect a Shotgun alt-fire to one-shot a Pinky lol
It can 1-shot a Pinkie, but you gotta be within arms reach of it most of the time. The damage on the weapons is perfect for Doom IMO, the only flaw is that the Shotgun primary fire needs to fire faster. It's totally accurate for HL, but for Doom it's a tad bit slow when comparing it to the rest of the arsenal.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Hello, I finally tried this mod myself. I was very pleased with what I experienced! The weapons and effects really feel just like Half-Life. The only thing I noticed was that the camera shaking when firing the pistol seemed a tad too much.

I am hereby offering my help in implementing the monsters, as I have got quite a lot of experience with model-based characters and also with converting animated models from other games into GZDoom.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”