Lambda (Oct/08/2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Somagu

Re: [Release] Lambda

Post by Somagu »

EddieMann wrote:Still, the guns should be in their proper slots instead of being stuck in 5 (unless if you're gonna do an HUD like Paranoid, and even then - it wouldn't make sense to have SMG and Crossbow in the same slot as shotgun.)
Given that Lamba seems to strive for accuracy to goldsrc, I personally would much rather the weapons stay where they are, even if it clutters the numbers.
CD-Roman

Post by CD-Roman »

Works nice with "real3d" Doom enemies

https://gfycat.com/pl/gifs/detail/SafeDopeyGlassfrog
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

CD-Roman wrote:Works nice with "real3d" Doom enemies

Most 3D model mods for enemies still look pretty bad, but i've been unable to find an isolated, working one for enemies just to pull this off. Everyone just expects people to repurpose them from Doomsday Engine or slaps them in awkward HD packs.
CD-Roman

Post by CD-Roman »

RikohZX wrote:
CD-Roman wrote:Works nice with "real3d" Doom enemies

Most 3D model mods for enemies still look pretty bad, but i've been unable to find an isolated, working one for enemies just to pull this off. Everyone just expects people to repurpose them from Doomsday Engine or slaps them in awkward HD packs.
I dont mind. They look ok for 3D engine, I wish play this in VR with my Touch Controllers as weapon :C
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Yeah, I like how this is a weapon's mod first, I haven't seen any good ripped HL 3D models yet. Someone needs to make a good sprite pack of them.

Does the Glock still do more damage per shot than the MP5 in this? I wouldn't mind a re-balance pass on some of the weapons, since HL's wasn't always that good.
TheCamaleonMaligno

Post by TheCamaleonMaligno »

RikohZX wrote:Personally I tweaked it so the shotgun is consistent with its own spawns, while the 357/Crossbow's random spawners replace the Super Shotgun. They effectively do much the same thing so if I never find the other in a run, it's not that big a deal to me.
i should try this, but i'm gonna have to nerf a bit the shotgun's double-blast because that's the main reason of why i replaced the SSG with it, and buff a bit the 357
potetobloke wrote:I have problems with both the flashlight and the nightvision goggles, they never seem to work for me. :(
For the night vision, the overlay is there but it doesn't light up anything.
For the flashlight, there's nothing besides the HUD icon.
hmm, have you enabled opengl dynamic lights?
Matsilagi wrote:The only inconsistency i found is the fact that i can't tap-fire the 9mmAR (It has no delay in HL1 whereas here i have to wait a few seconds after releasing M1 to start firing again)
noted!
mutator wrote:have no problem with the half life 1 weapons but are you planning to make half life 2 weapons mod as well? i know alphaent made one but are you planning to make own?
nope, i have no idea of how to convert those source mdl's to goldsrc
lizardcommando wrote:I think the updated models from Blue Shift should be a separate mod. Maybe the OP4 weapons should be a separate class.
Yeah, the updated models will be a separate addon, as for Op4 weapons, i would like to keep them in the main mod and use 'intelligent' randomspawners to make them optional
Somagu wrote:
EddieMann wrote:Still, the guns should be in their proper slots instead of being stuck in 5 (unless if you're gonna do an HUD like Paranoid, and even then - it wouldn't make sense to have SMG and Crossbow in the same slot as shotgun.)
Given that Lamba seems to strive for accuracy to goldsrc, I personally would much rather the weapons stay where they are, even if it clutters the numbers.
Like somagu said, i want the mod to stay faithful to the original game as much as possible, unless you people want otherwise
-Ghost- wrote: Does the Glock still do more damage per shot than the MP5 in this? I wouldn't mind a re-balance pass on some of the weapons, since HL's wasn't always that good.
Yes, it still does but i reduced it a little little bit
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

TheCamaleonMaligno wrote: hmm, have you enabled opengl dynamic lights?
Apparently, I didn't notice that the dynamic lights in my options were turned off, thanks!
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

RikohZX wrote:Everyone just expects people to repurpose them from Doomsday Engine...
Oh yeah. :biggrin:
Spoiler:
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

What is up with the items that actually damage you when you pick them up? That's kinda sucky. Also, what is up with the "Perhaps" item? Does it do anything?
TheCamaleonMaligno

uhh, it's supposed to be a little easter egg, i forgot to reduce the chances even more.
the perhaps item is just cosmetic while the other may hurt you but it can't kill you
Kagur

Post by Kagur »

This is an awesome mod. Great job. I just wish you had the Gravity gun in this.
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

Kagur wrote:This is an awesome mod. Great job. I just wish you had the Gravity gun in this.
But it's based off of Half-Life 1, not 2. :?
TrebbyTrebuchet

Post by TrebbyTrebuchet »

How did you convert the GoldSrc models to md3 while keeping their animation? is there any tutorial on this?
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I'm looking forward to the OpFor guns, those were always my favorite. Will you be keeping the HEV sleeves somehow, or will you have to use the marine arms for those?
TheCamaleonMaligno

TrebbyTrebuchet wrote:How did you convert the GoldSrc models to md3 while keeping their animation? is there any tutorial on this?
I currently use MilkShape3D, you have to decompile the .mdl and put all the textures on a single image, then rearrange them on the actual model. On the other hand you have to import the animations and reduce the frames to save some space, after that you gotta import all the needed animations and export them as a single one, then merge the retextured model with the animations and finally generate a quake3 .qc file for exporting it as .md3
i haven't searched for tutorials, i have learned this myself over the years
-Ghost- wrote:I'm looking forward to the OpFor guns, those were always my favorite. Will you be keeping the HEV sleeves somehow, or will you have to use the marine arms for those?
Yeah, those were my favorite too. And yes, i'll keep the HEV sleeves, otherwise i'll have to redo most of the models again just to change the hands

have some pics:
Spoiler:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”