Lambda (Oct/08/2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
GamingMarine
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Lambda: The OpFor Update - HD Pack

Post by GamingMarine »

dawnbreez wrote:What exactly does the Crystal do?
It gives the player full health and overcharges the HEV suit to 250% power. Basically, it's this mod's version of the megasphere.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Tried to launch it with GZDoom 3D models, but this mod seems to disable them. Anyone know what's the issue?
Josko

Post by Josko »

This mod already uses 3D models of it's own! All the weapons, items, ammo, powerups are all 3D except the monsters.
MaxRideWizardLord

Josko wrote:This mod already uses 3D models of it's own! All the weapons, items, ammo, powerups are all 3D except the monsters.
That's the point. I want 3D monsters with hl1 guns. I loaded lambda after 3D gzdoom models and lambda seems to turn all npc back to 2D. Some of the npc still shoot 3D model projectiles whilr still remain 2D. What's the matter with that?
Josko

Post by Josko »

No idea, I dont use 3D monsters. But wasnt the author of this mod going to include monsters? He may be working on them, he did say it would take time. But it would be nice if he could come with a status update.

Also I dont see the WeaponMenu that are shown in the pictures of the front page, I suppose that too is not finished yet :P
BradmanX
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by BradmanX »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote: That's the point. I want 3D monsters with hl1 guns. I loaded lambda after 3D gzdoom models and lambda seems to turn all npc back to 2D. Some of the npc still shoot 3D model projectiles whilr still remain 2D. What's the matter with that?
Lambda has optional custom versions of the Doom enemies if I remember correctly, you may need to load the model mod after Lambda and/or turn those custom enemies off in Lambda's options menu to get the 3D ones to work.
MaxRideWizardLord

BradmanX wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote: That's the point. I want 3D monsters with hl1 guns. I loaded lambda after 3D gzdoom models and lambda seems to turn all npc back to 2D. Some of the npc still shoot 3D model projectiles whilr still remain 2D. What's the matter with that?
Lambda has optional custom versions of the Doom enemies if I remember correctly, you may need to load the model mod after Lambda and/or turn those custom enemies off in Lambda's options menu to get the 3D ones to work.
Yes, I did load models after lambda mod, but that did no effect. I can't switch to normal monsters either for unknown to me reason, it just stays on "on" and can't be moved, even though it makes sound of switching.
Josko

Post by Josko »

Does anyone know how to increase the HUD size?

I tried Editing it with Slade, waddup.acs, but it just won't compile. No idea why!

Would be nice if the author would give us some kind of status update, what is happening with the mod, is he working on it or is it cancelled? :/

I would love to see Half life monsters added in, maybe he is working on that!

Also the WeaponMenu which isnt ready yet.

And then being able to set the Hud to the sides of the screen, as I have a 2560x1440 Widescreen monitor, the hud shows up almost on the center of the screen. I would fix it myself but Slade refuses to compile the acs file.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Bug report.
The barnacle only works on enemies.
Josko

Post by Josko »

I dont think its a bug, he have not implemented so it can grapple on spores like in opposing force. Not sure it is really needed :P

Maybe if the barnacle could grapple on any wall or ceiling would make it very interesting indeed!
TheCamaleonMaligno

Post by TheCamaleonMaligno »

Finder153 wrote:[Ideas and stuff]
ah yes, some of your ideas were already planned, i just got too lazy to implement or forgot about them
as for the other ideas, some will be added and the others can't be done easily.

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:I can't switch to normal monsters either for unknown to me reason, it just stays on "on" and can't be moved, even though it makes sound of switching.
if the menu doesn't work, try changing the cvar directly: hl_modifiedmonsters

if you type hl_ in the console and then press TAB, you'll see a list of the available cvars
Josko wrote:Also I dont see the WeaponMenu that are shown in the pictures of the front page, I suppose that too is not finished yet
you have to rebind your number keys in the menu
asd.png
asd.png (54.84 KiB) Viewed 2152 times
Josko wrote:Would be nice if the author would give us some kind of status update, what is happening with the mod, is he working on it or is it cancelled? :/
it's still being worked on, not really a big update but just some extra stuff, i'm just being being lazy and not putting all my attention to it (again)

the weapon menu is still unfinished, i haven't touched it
same goes for the monsters, i have to reimplement their movement code because the one i made makes them less or more aggresive than they should be and still glitchy
i have four WIP monsters:
Alien Grunt which is like 85% done
The Alien Slave (vorti) like 60% done
The sentry gun that is almost done, it just lacks of the particle effects on its death anim
Aaand the Alien controller, it actually does nothing, the base AI is mostly done but it won't spawn any projectiles
Bobby wrote:Bug report.
The barnacle only works on enemies.
that's intentional
Josko wrote:Maybe if the barnacle could grapple on any wall or ceiling would make it very interesting indeed!
that was one of the planned features but forgot to implement it

and if anyone want more updates, sometimes i upload vids on yt... mostly about lambda
Josko

Post by Josko »

That is amazing news!

I suppose its not just lazyness more like lack of interest right?

When you feel like working on the monsters again like you did with the weapons Im sure it will be done quickly!

I would love to have those human grunts from opposing force and have them be your allies this time helping freeman, they could have a random chance to replace soulspheres and megaspheres :D also have barney aswell to help out xD

Is it a complicate process to convert the half life monster models into md3? If you wrote a more detailed walkthrough how to do it, you can pm or post it here, I would love to try help you in that way :P but maybe that is the easiest part I suspect xD
Josko

Post by Josko »

[imgur]https://imgur.com/a/yglLXTF[/imgur]

As you can see by the picture, on my 2560x1440 Widescreen monitor, the HUD is not at the sides of the screen, MAYBE this is intended? But I would love for it to be adjusted so it goes to the side of the screen, same thing with that Flashlight Icon, the Weapon Menu HUD is fine ^^

Edit:

I finally solved it. I managed to have the HUD appear on the sides like in half life. If anyone wants it I can post it here!
r&r

Post by r&r »

Is this mod compatible with the Paranoid map?
if it isn't, can some one make a Paranoid compatible patch for it?

and is there a half life "monsters" mod that would work for this mod too?
Linz

Post by Linz »

All this needs is a Half-Life music mod

Return to “Gameplay Mods”