Lambda (Oct/08/2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Release] Lambda: The OpFor Update (minor bugfix)

Post by StroggVorbis »

EddieMann wrote:Downloaded the two files, can't find the Opposing Force weapons, even with the "Give All" and idfa/idkfa commands.
As of now all OpFor weapons are flagged +CHEATNOTWEAPON, type "Give Everything" to work around this.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

armymen12002003 wrote:
EddieMann wrote:Downloaded the two files, can't find the Opposing Force weapons at all when I play the game.
That's weird I've been finding all the op4 weapons except the desert eagle so you just have to look :D
No, I mean even with the Give All command, they still don't appear. Nevermind, fixed. How would they normally be obtained in-game?
EDIT: Why are "Give all" and "Give everything" different commands?
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by armymen12002003 »

EddieMann wrote:
armymen12002003 wrote:
EddieMann wrote:Downloaded the two files, can't find the Opposing Force weapons at all when I play the game.
That's weird I've been finding all the op4 weapons except the desert eagle so you just have to look :D
No, I mean even with the Give All command, they still don't appear. Nevermind, fixed. How would they normally be obtained in-game?
EDIT: Why are "Give all" and "Give everything" different commands?
There a special kind of randomspawner from what i could see also i would love to see the G-Man in a NPC stalking role in this just like half life
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

There's a certain perversity in mods like this that I love them, and like Doom Tournament and Hunter's Moon this is another top quality mod of its sort. Thanks for porting the Opposing Force stuff over too. Also, I saw the special easter egg with a certain weapon (no not the one mentioned earlier in the thread). Clue: You can only get it on certain maps, and even then it's hard to. Unless you're using Colourful Hell where you actually have a very high chance of seeing it.
SergeantDiggs

Post by SergeantDiggs »

I think I've found an error. hl_dmbalance is supposed to decrease damage when disabled, correct? Well when I switched hl_dmbalance from automatic to disabled, damage got decreased, and switching from disabled to enabled increased the damage to where it was before.
MaxRideWizardLord

Re: [Release] Lambda: The OpFor Update

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

TheCamaleonMaligno wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Wish displacer could one cybers tho, since it's meant to basically "teleport" foe in another dimension where it won't bother you anymore. Also, is there planning m2 attack for it?? So far displacer feels very underwhelming, since it's electric arc only ticles enemies, can't "teleport" some of the enemies, the AoE is too slow even compared to original Oposing Force (not sure if in original oposing force the splash was based on multiple 3D models) and you can't even teleport yourself to a room full of healthkits and some backpacks.
Well, in the original game you couldn't teleport gargantuas, gonarchs nor apaches so that's basically what i'm trying to achieve.
Ah, i completelly forgot to mention that you can place a teleport destination when pressing the Reload button, it costs 5 cells.
And agreed, with the AoE being too slow, i've speeded it up. The electric bolt is meant to be weak, with the purpose of triggering the enemies' pain state so they move less and make it easier for the projectile to hit them

Eh... There is no Gonarch nor even these tenticle monster and Apache is just a helicopter, not an biological substance; and there was only one Gargantua glued to the floor like an moving actor than actual NPC, it still die after like two shots though instead of teleport. However, it could teleport these hugeass NPC the size of Gargatua that shoot electric balls at you.

The point of the gun, which seems to me, instead of wasting enough uranium ammo to break their physical vitality, you using the uranium to get rid of big enemies entirely and instantly by just "teleport" them in to non-existance. It would make sense if it couldn't teleport things like Icon of Sin, because it's obviously just a material wall, but it could

Besides, it would make sense from the balance point of view since you have only 100 uranium cells and single shot wastes 20, 1\5 of your total. You kill cyber faster and waste less cells by using both tau cannon and gluon gun as well. Considering it's just a slow charging bfg replacement that shots a very slow moving ball and doesn't even have invisible rays of mass destruction in view, and yet even bfg9000 can kill both cyber and spidermastermind in one shot (although relatively close distance) I'd say leting the gun at least be used to instantly kill the big guys in one shot would actually bring some sense in to using this weapon to begin with.

Displacer cannon was really very underwhelming in the original game as well (and was entirely useless in multiplayer), despite it's unique and fun behavior, though.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

How does one go about normally obtaining OpFor guns in a normal game, what items do they replace?
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

EddieMann wrote:How does one go about normally obtaining OpFor guns in a normal game, what items do they replace?
Chainsaw: Pipe Wrench, Knife, Barnacle, Shock Roach
Plasma Rifle: M249 SAW
Super Shotgun: Desert Eagle, M40A1 Sniper Rifle
Rocket Launcher: Spore Launcher (?)
Rockets: Penguins (?)
BFG9000: Displacer Cannon

Do note that they do not replace the Half-Life weapons by 100%, but instead have a certain chance of doing so.

(Not accurate) example would be the plasma rifle being a Tau Cannon 66⅔% and an M249 33⅓% of the ime.
BradmanX
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by BradmanX »

It would appear as though this mod doesn't play nice with Shades of Doom, since this is what happened when I tried to load them together
https://edfile.pro/45144c0
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Regarding the Displacer weapon:
There were no Displacer animations "when no teleport placed" and "placing teleport" in the original game, right?
Current anims are not good in my opinion. They just start over from the beginning in the middle of the process (DIS3 ABCD ...).

I suggest something like changing lines 487 & 500 (in zscript/lambda/weapons/slot6.txt) from:

Code: Select all

DIS3 ABCD 4 A_WeaponReady(WRF_NOFIRE|WRF_NOBOB);
to:

DIS3 HGFEDCBA 1 A_WeaponReady(WRF_NOFIRE|WRF_NOBOB);
(so it will revert back to start instead of starting over)

Probably there are better frames to form this new anim, but idk, correct me if I'm wrong.
I think it looks better than default anim at least.

EDIT:
For the "reload" it's better to have default anim after teleport was placed:
Change line 500 from:

DIS3 ABCD 4 A_WeaponReady(WRF_NOFIRE|WRF_NOBOB);
to:

DIS3 LMNOPQ 4 A_WeaponReady(WRF_NOFIRE|WRF_NOBOB);

P.S. Why am I dying too frequently while teleporting myself with the Displacer?
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

I've been enjoying this mod while playing through Eviternity. What a fun ride that was! It was so satisfying putting a bullet between the Archangel's eyes with my Desert Eagle as my final blow to it.

So, will there be a future update where you can play as Adrian Sheperd and how rare are those Shock Rifle drops and what do they replace? Throughout my entire playthrough, I never picked up that weapon, and I went to all 32 Maps from that megawad.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

There's an annoying issue where pressing fire/altfire with the shotgun when it hasn't got enough shells can interrupt its reloading animation. Definitely keep the ability to interrupt it when it can actually shoot though. Also I remember there being more animation to the gluon gun when you start/stop using it. Finally, does this mod take into account the missing items from Ultimate Doom? Notably the SSG.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

I have to say, this is such an astoundingly accurate and satisfying conversion of Goldsrc behavior that this might actually be my favorite mod of all time. HL1 holds a very special place in my heart, and you captured everything with outstanding accuracy. My only wish is that the gibbing and blood could be implemented globally as a universal mutator instead of modifying the existing monsters.
TheCamaleonMaligno

Re: Lambda: The OpFor Update - HD Pack + minor update

Post by TheCamaleonMaligno »

Hi everyone The HD Pack has been released! make sure you load it after Lambda_Code.pk3
And a small update here.

Changelog:
-Increased chances for Accelerator rune to spawn.
-Shotgun reload can only be interrupted if you have enough ammo to fire.
-Shotgun pre-reload animation can now be interrupted too.
-Fixed modified WolfesteinSS always appearing even with the custom monsters cvars off.
-Moved Accelerator rune's hitsound code from HLGenericEvent to its powerup class.
-Increased displacer_ball's first impact damage from a random value between 75 and 600 (75*random(1,8)) to just 1000.
-Renamed SS_ScriptedSpawner for compatibility with other mods that also uses it (Important note: this may break old saves)
-Buffed tau cannon again (because why not)
-Fixed tau beams spawning a static glow on non-bleeding actors.
-Fixed satchels disappearing when hitting the sky.

lizardcommando wrote:will there be a future update where you can play as Adrian Sheperd and how rare are those Shock Rifle drops and what do they replace?
i was thinking about it, maybe in the future. the shock rifle and other infinite ammo weapons replaces the chainsaw.
Mere_Duke wrote:Regarding the Displacer weapon[...]
i know, but that's how it behaved in the original game so i tried to mimic that in the mod
Somagu wrote:My only wish is that the gibbing and blood could be implemented globally as a universal mutator instead of modifying the existing monsters.
I actaully tried that before modifying the monsters but i wasn't satisfacted with the results so i ended up modifying the monsters instead
GamingMarine
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Lambda: The OpFor Update - HD Pack + minor update

Post by GamingMarine »

Currently getting this error when running the latest update.

Script error, "Lambda_Code.pk3:zscript/lambda/scriptedspawner.txt" line 398:
Too many arguments in call to Random, expected 2, got 7

Execution could not continue.

1 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts

Return to “Gameplay Mods”