Lambda (Oct/08/2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MaxRideWizardLord

Re: [Release] Lambda: The OpFor Update

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Wish displacer could one cybers tho, since it's meant to basically "teleport" foe in another dimension where it won't bother you anymore. Also, is there planning m2 attack for it?? So far displacer feels very underwhelming, since it's electric arc only ticles enemies, can't "teleport" some of the enemies, the AoE is too slow even compared to original Oposing Force (not sure if in original oposing force the splash was based on multiple 3D models) and you can't even teleport yourself to a room full of healthkits and some backpacks.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Also any chance of having Shephard's hands as an addon?
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

The Displacer altfire could teleport you to the Player 1-4 start in coop or to any deathmatch start in multiplayer. Like Heretic's or Hexen's Chaos Device. The question is if it's worth wasting 60 cells for that. The amount could be lowered though as in OpFor it was solely done to prevent you from teleporting again while in Xen since one altfire uses more than 50% of your max cells and Xen was intentionally devoid of them.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

oh, i forgot, using the tripmine and kill monsters cheat breaks the mod too, with the same red warning:
tried to read from address zero. in function parameter "self"
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Haven't tested the satchels, but the tripmines block lifts & doors like in Half-Life. Could that be extended to apply to the player too? That way you can make stepping stones and don't need a coop partner to boost you via crouch jumping :P
armymen12002003

LossForWords wrote:oh, i forgot, using the tripmine and kill monsters cheat breaks the mod too, with the same red warning:
tried to read from address zero. in function parameter "self"
yea i've noticed bout all of the crashes call from this self thing.
TheCamaleonMaligno

Post by TheCamaleonMaligno »

LossForWords wrote:hey, just droppin' by to notify you that when i step into hazardous floors, the mod straight up crashes.
Alright, fixed, thanks for the report.
had a little bit trouble finding the problem since it never crashed to me until i tested with the 32bit version of gzdoom
epiccolton26 wrote:I seem to be unable to select the Opposing Force weapons, even when I pick them up in-game, use IDKFA, or the "give weapons" cheat in the commandline. Just figured I'd shoutout that possible bug.
it's intentionally that using cheats won't give you the op4 weapons, but now i considered adding them to impulse 101.
DabbingSquidward wrote:The vertical recoil toggle doesn't work properly for me, the screen jerks if I move sideways when firing.
haven't experencied that, it works fine to me, is anyone having the same issue?
the MP5's behavior when dropped. It always gives 50 ammo like in OpFor
I'ts unintentional but intentional at the same time, i'm using a randomspawner to spawn the mp5, using randomspawners has the side-effect of not halving the amount of ammo given by a dropped weapon. I thought it'd be better if it gave some more ammo instead just 25 because there are moments in some map/mappacks when ammo really lacks.
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Wish displacer could one cybers tho, since it's meant to basically "teleport" foe in another dimension where it won't bother you anymore. Also, is there planning m2 attack for it?? So far displacer feels very underwhelming, since it's electric arc only ticles enemies, can't "teleport" some of the enemies, the AoE is too slow even compared to original Oposing Force (not sure if in original oposing force the splash was based on multiple 3D models) and you can't even teleport yourself to a room full of healthkits and some backpacks.
Well, in the original game you couldn't teleport gargantuas, gonarchs nor apaches so that's basically what i'm trying to achieve.
Ah, i completelly forgot to mention that you can place a teleport destination when pressing the Reload button, it costs 5 cells.
And agreed, with the AoE being too slow, i've speeded it up. The electric bolt is meant to be weak, with the purpose of triggering the enemies' pain state so they move less and make it easier for the projectile to hit them
DabbingSquidward wrote: The Displacer altfire could teleport you to the Player 1-4 start in coop or to any deathmatch start in multiplayer. Like Heretic's or Hexen's Chaos Device. The question is if it's worth wasting 60 cells for that. The amount could be lowered though as in OpFor it was solely done to prevent you from teleporting again while in Xen since one altfire uses more than 50% of your max cells and Xen was intentionally devoid of them.
Didn't want to make it teleport the player to other parts of the map since most of the maps weren't made with that in mind, the player would get stuck in some rooms without the ability to come back, accidentally triggerering traps or having early access to keys or stuff like that
but yeah, in deathmatch it already teleports you to random deatmatch starts
Speaking of which, it would be nice to add a check to the ScriptedSpawner to search the map and the player's inventory for weapons before spawning ammo. So that if you get the crossbow you won't find sniper ammo if the rifle doesn't exist elsewhere in the map.
i already had that idea but didn't implement it because i don't know how much impact would it have on the game's performance since every placed item will have to check for every actor in the map just to find said weapon, it's kinda complicated to explain
armymen12002003 wrote:Also any chance of having Shephard's hands as an addon?
i was thinking about that but not for now

Quick-fix patch here
armymen12002003

Re: [Release] Lambda: The OpFor Update (minor bugfix)

Nice loving the quick fix it works well the kriegsland enemies i would love to see a custom monster pack for this and looking forward to seeing shephards hands for this.
Apaul27
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Fighting some cats in the planet "Wool Ball", with Scott & Rebecca

Post by Apaul27 »

I've had a problem with the options menu for you mod, when I try to enable Opposing Force weapons and/or reloadable weapons, it doesn't working at all, you "might" want to fix those problems.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

DabbingSquidward wrote:The vertical recoil toggle doesn't work properly for me, the screen jerks if I move sideways when firing.
haven't experencied that, it works fine to me, is anyone having the same issue?

For the record, I'm using GZDoom 3.7.2 x64, have Prescale Mouse Movement and Smooth Mouse Movement disabled. The latter fixes it but causes input lag, try checking your settings and see if there's any difference.

Thanks for trying to look into it :)
TheNoob_Gamer

Post by TheNoob_Gamer »

How do I switch to HD models in this mod? I somehow couldn't found the option.
And the shotgun now felt really underpowered: I can't even kill an imp with the shotgun's primary fire, and a pinky with the secondary fire (mostly, on UV). Will you buff it?
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

TheNoob_Gamer wrote:How do I switch to HD models in this mod? I somehow couldn't found the option.
It's not yet available.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Any plans for more weapons & entities from other GoldSrc games & mods? It's basically just Quake, but I'd love to play this with the Deathmatch Classic armament :P

Edit: Noticed that the pitch of snarks does not increase the closer they are to spontaneous combustion. Probably not possbile in GZDoom though.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Downloaded the two files, can't find the Opposing Force weapons, even with the "Give All" and idfa/idkfa commands.
Last edited by EddieMann on Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
armymen12002003

EddieMann wrote:Downloaded the two files, can't find the Opposing Force weapons at all when I play the game.
That's weird I've been finding all the op4 weapons except the desert eagle so you just have to look :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”