Lambda (Oct/08/2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheCamaleonMaligno

Lambda (Oct/08/2023)

Post by TheCamaleonMaligno »

Brief introduction:

Remember that Half-Life mod Mr.Pencil was working a few years ago but unfortunatelly gave up?
Well, today i'm here to announce that i have been working on a new mod from scratch, mainly inspired by Mr.Pencil's work, this time featuring the marvelous power of ZScript... as far as i know
The mod features All of the original game's arsenal and there will be more content within the next updates...

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Spoiler: old pics
Videos:

Older vids:
Spoiler:

Changelog: (oct/08/2023)
Spoiler:
Credits so far:
Spoiler: text
TO DO:
Spoiler:
Known Issues:
Spoiler:
Download
This version is now separated into two files:
Lambda_Resources.pk3
Lambda_Code.pk3 (oct/08/2023) you only need to load this, lambda_resources will be loaded automatically

second release (old)
first release (very old)

Lambda_HDGuns.pk3, it's optional and it must be loaded after Lambda_Code
preview:
Spoiler:
additional notes:
-The files must be loaded in the following order (just in case):
1: Lambda_Resources.pk3
2: Lambda_Code.pk3
-The mod requires GZDoom 4.5/LZDoom 3.87c or newer
-OpenGL is also required because of 3D models
Spoiler: Regarding some options not changing in the menu
Last edited by TheCamaleonMaligno on Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:48 pm, edited 37 times in total.
LossForWords

Re: [WIP] Lambda

Post by LossForWords »

you should make the shotgun spawn oftenly and the revolver rarely. other than that, good mod. also, are the first person view weapons 3d models or really good rips?
TheCamaleonMaligno

I know, that's one of the main problems, i didn't want to replace the doom shotgun with its hl equivalent because the hl shotgun is powerful enough (unless i nerf it) to replace the super shotgun so i replaced it with the revolver, consequently, the revolver will appear more frequently than the shotgun because of shotgunguys. And thanks! the first person weapons are 3D models
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

Really good mod so far but I have some random question, will there be additional weapons? (i.e Half Life : Opposing Force weapons)
TheCamaleonMaligno

you said it :p
Spoiler:
BradmanX
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by BradmanX »

TheCamaleonMaligno wrote:you said it :p
Spoiler:
Awesome :D. How many of Opposing Force's weapons are you planning, is it gonna be all of them, or just the ones that wouldn't be redundant with the HL1 stuff like the Spore Launcher, Displacer, M40a1, and M249?
TheCamaleonMaligno

All of them i guess, if it doens't get too complicated
Matsilagi
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Matsilagi »

Oh, so you moved from Q2Stuff to that?

Really nice, if you need any resources, i'll be happy to help you.

I actually had the unfinished version here aswell, but this is working nicely.

Ok, after thinking trough it, i think i found a nice order and item replacement ideas:
Chainsaw: Can give either the Wrench, the Barnacle, the HiveHand or the Shockroach.
Pistol: Start with a glock, have alternate Zombieman or have a small chance of Zombiemans dropping the Desert Eagle.
Shotgun: Gives the SPAS or the Desert Eagle, both of those are normal weapons. In DOOM1 based IWADs, it randomizes between the SPAS, the 357 (with a ultra slim chance) and the Desert Eagle
Super Shotgun: Chance of giving a Crossbow or a 357
Chaingun: Gives the MP5 or the M249, Alternate chaingunners or normal ones have a small chance of dropping a M249.
Rocket Launcher: Randomizes between the RPG-7 and the Spore Launcher
PlasmaGun: Randomizes between the Egon and the Tau
BFG9000: Gives the Displacer.

ITEM REPLACEMENTS:
Bullets: Clips (already made)
Shotguns: Can be Shell drops with a VERY small chance of 357 bullets.
Shells: Can either be single shells or 357 bullets (just change the chances, already done)
Shell Boxes: Either Shotgun shell boxes or really rarely 357 ammo boxes
Bullet Boxes: Either M249 Mags or 9MMAR Clips and Grenades
Single Rockets: Grenades, Tripmines or a single rocket.
Rocket box: Normal RPG7 ammos, giving 2 rockets each
Single cell: Normal Cell box
BFG Cell: Y'know that unused orange Cell ammo box? It goes there.

Bandages - I think some version of HL or some mod had some bandage models, i think it was Sven Coop, replaces small health.
Health Vial: Replaces Stimpaks
Medikit: Replaces Medium Medkits
Stack of Medkits: Can be a bandage + 2 stacked medkits, replaces Megasphere

Suit Batteries: Replaces Armor Helmets
HEV Helmet: Just take it from the playermodel, replaces Green Armor
HEV Chestplate: A bit useless without the other parts, but will protect ya. Replaces Blue Armor

Invisibility: Gives you the Long Jump Module, can't get invisible but you can avoid projectiles now!
Backpack: Those ammopacks found in XEN now can be found here.
Megasphere: A piece of XEN crystal, will overload your HEV suit, giving you 250 armor points.
Berserk: Makes you faster and your Crowbar deals more damage. Can be a black medkit, i dunno?
Invulnerability: I have no idea what item could be used to symbolize that, sorry.
Hazmat Suit: The HEV Suit is now active. Now you are resistant to environmental hazards (not a temporary powerup anymore, it reduces toxic and other environmental-releated damage as long as you have battery to spare), it also has the annoying warnings (if possible)

DECORATIONS:

A few decorations could be replaced with XEN stuff, like Spores (so you can use your barnacle to grab onto them), or explosive spores, or other organic weapons (Like Snarks, which i have 0 idea on what to replace)

MISC IDEAS:
357 Zoom restored (could be conflicting if the Crossbow already has it)
Crossbow Explosive Bolts (in GMod's Half-Life Renaissance, it was used for unzoomed shots, now for this i have no idea if that could be appliable)
Displacer random teleports: Teleports you to one of the map's secrets (could cause stuck players if doors were required to be unlocked to reach the secret, perhaps it teleporting you to a key or something would be more interesting)
Barnacle Grappling hook: Can be used on meat decorations, like severed Zombieman bodies and whatnot. Would discard using Spores and would make sense lore-wise.
Last edited by Matsilagi on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

I also wonder if you can also include the HD Weapons as well (M9 Barreta and the M4A1)
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

i don't know if it's just me, but the python's underbarrel looks bent to the side and top rail looks bent up in a weird way
TheCamaleonMaligno

Matsilagi wrote: stuff
Spoiler: long reply
TheNightATK300 wrote:I also wonder if you can also include the HD Weapons as well (M9 Barreta and the M4A1)
Maybe but not for now
LossForWords wrote:i don't know if it's just me, but the python's underbarrel looks bent to the side and top rail looks bent up in a weird way
the model's geometry remains untouched, perhaps it's the chroming effect, because gzdoom doesn't support that effect and it's complicated to replicate on a static texture, specially on this weapon
zerthex
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by zerthex »

Looks cool! But will you add the bad guys into it too? Also i doesn't work with the latest version of gzdoom.
TheCamaleonMaligno

thanks, if i manage to organize which enemy will replace each doom monster then yes, but for now i'm focusing on weapons and that stuff first

zerthex wrote:Also i doesn't work with the latest version of gzdoom.
i wrote:-it's recommended to run it on any of the latest dev builds of gzdoom since it does now use latch cvars
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I was sad when Mr.Pencil confirmed to never release the faithful Half-Life weapon mod... Until now! Your work is also faithful with extra effects. Brilliant work on that.
Matsilagi
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Matsilagi »

TheCamaleonMaligno wrote:thanks, if i manage to organize which enemy will replace each doom monster then yes, but for now i'm focusing on weapons and that stuff first
Well, i also had plans for that:

Zombieman would be zombies of diverse types (Guards, Scientists and Soldiers) or Headcrabs
Imps could be Gonomes or Bullsquids
Shotgunners could be lesser soldiers (Equipped with Desert Eagles and Pistols)
Chaingunners would be replaced with Human Grunts (With SMGs, SAWs and Shotguns, since they are pretty OP with the shotgun, the shotgunners are on this tier) or Human Assassins
Pinkys could be Houndeyes
Spectres could be Pit Drones (more for the speed than the visibilty)
Cacodemons could be Alien Controllers
Lost Souls could be Stukabats (Animated versions exist on the game's files so, why not?)
Pain Elementals are a confusing case, perhaps bigger Alien Controllers that can spawn smaller ones
Revenants could be Vortigaunts (AKA Alien Slaves)
Hellbruisers could be replaced with Baby Voltigores
Hellknights could be replaced with Baby Gargantuas
Arachnotrons could be either Vortigaunts, Alien Grunts or Shock Troopers
Archvilles could be Tors (from Sven Coop)
Spider Masterminds could be Kingpins, Voltigores or Gonarchs
Cyberdemons can be either Gargantuas or Nihilanths (ofc, a bit nerfed so it isn't troubling if there's more than one)
The Icon of Sin could be the Geneworm, but that would require a new map so, better not.

Decorations (especially hell ones) could be replaced by underwater Hairs, Plantlights, Tentacle Trees and Spores, while some of them are passive, others attack you, and would be a cool addition.
UAC decorations could be replaced by Turrets and whatnot
Spoiler:
I don't think i missed any monsters, but if i did, lemme know, i will try and find a slot for them, its really hard to balance because the monsters number from HL diverges A LOT from DOOM in quantity.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”