Lambda (Oct/08/2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheCamaleonMaligno

Re: [Release] Lambda

Post by TheCamaleonMaligno »

4thcharacter wrote: Seconding what Valherran above me said: the crowbar should have a bit of a longer range.
done, increased from 64 to 80. (i tried with 96 but it seemed a bit too long)
DabbingSquidward wrote:
4thcharacter wrote: The Gluon Gun should not injure you if you get close to the object/wall it's breaking down. It's not like that in the original Half-Life and it makes it feel less like an ultimate weapon.
To be exact, it is like that in Half-Life too, but only in multiplayer.
fixed, it may only do radius damage if it's a deathmatch game or if the hl_dmguns cvar is 2
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

If you could buff the remote C4, that would make it so much better. Right now it feels super weak. If it did at least double the damage of a grenade, it would feel much closer to Half-Life.
TheCamaleonMaligno

it already does 50% more damage than the grenade, like the original game (+50% range), but i guess you're right, some more damage will make some difference
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

I looked through the code and then removed one line that is commented out.
Spoiler:
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Is there a way to make the grenade throw feel more natural? HL's was always weak and hard to aim well.
TheCamaleonMaligno

Unfortunately not without having to modify the code, maybe i'll add a cvar to change that. Though it's not so difficult to aim with it (at least for me), it just inherits your current movement speed so you can give it more or less speed
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

-Ghost- wrote:Is there a way to make the grenade throw feel more natural? HL's was always weak and hard to aim well.
TheCamaleonMaligno wrote:Unfortunately not without having to modify the code, maybe i'll add a cvar to change that. Though it's not so difficult to aim with it (at least for me), it just inherits your current movement speed so you can give it more or less speed
Yeah, I gotta agree with Ghost. My issues with the grenades is that they bounce too damn much due to that weird half gravity/velocity, making it more difficult to land them in crowded spaces than it should be. The other is I'll throw one in a high-rise with some chaingun zombies for example, and the damn thing will deflect off of them like I hit a wall. Of course this momentum system is accurate to the real thing, I never did like it. It especially bugged me with the grenade launcher cus it used the same mechanics and to me it looked really silly.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Yeah it's definitely accurate to HL, I just never liked how they handled them in that either. HL2's were a bit easier to control, though he threw them too hard in that.
RastaManGames
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RastaManGames »

It is possible to create weapon selector, like in original HL? :thinking:
TheCamaleonMaligno

"No" is what I would have said a month ago, but now that i have seen m8f's work i got motivated enough to definitely try it
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Awesome mod! But can I ask you, is it true a 3D models, or just A LOT of sprites acting very smoothly with like 60+ fps? The rail of gluon gun also looks like 3D, trully amazing.
TheCamaleonMaligno

3D models, the game can't handle sprite rips above the 35 fps. The gluon gun beam is 3D too :p
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

I was bored so I did a table with the monsters of Half-Life who can replace the ones from Doom, I have doubts about the Pain Elemental because the Charger (from hl beta) was suppose to fly and spit acid only, not really fitting in the Pain role...

https://i.imgur.com/DoVLugJ.png
Gorman Frebmane

Post by Gorman Frebmane »

Exeor wrote:I was bored so I did a table with the monsters of Half-Life who can replace the ones from Doom, I have doubts about the Pain Elemental because the Charger (from hl beta) was suppose to fly and spit acid only, not really fitting in the Pain role...

The wolfenstein nazi could be the blackops from opossing force.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Exeor wrote:I was bored so I did a table with the monsters of Half-Life who can replace the ones from Doom, I have doubts about the Pain Elemental because the Charger (from hl beta) was suppose to fly and spit acid only, not really fitting in the Pain role...

I believe you should replace shock trooper with gonome and vice versa, since shock trooper fits the most for arachnotron, given his ability to spam lightning\plasma projectiles while vielding lightning\plasma gun\roach; while gonome is quite tanky, can launch green projectiles just like baron of hell and do deadly damage at close range too.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”