DOOM - Hellwalker Mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kazudra

Re: DOOM - Hellwalker Mod

Post by Kazudra »

Honestly...
The ideas are very good, the execution is terrible.
The Difficulty this add-on brings to the table is just artificial, everything is too aggressive and too fast to the point where the main strategy is to hide in a corner and just spam your pistol in heavy mode, the moment you decide to play this game like Doom or even D4T is the moment where you receive a swift death, it's a bit of a shame because I really do like what's added... I just hate how ALL of that is being Spammed at me as soon as I load a map.

My biggest gripe is all monsters notice you at loading a map, pairing that with how fast and aggressive they are on top of knowing a Lost Soul will always spawn is going from 0 to completely overwhelmed and you only have a pistol and chainsaw and it's only Map 1.

I'd suggest taking all the monsters down about 5 notches, to where they are noticeably more aggressive than D4T, but only slightly faster in most cases, the new attacks are more than enough to add more difficulty. The Lost Souls needs to be tweaked to a point where the spawn rate is someone what uncommon and delay it a bit to add the element of surprise. Tweaking Stealth and In-fighting accordingly to a point where the player can still utilize Glory Kills, and classic doom strategies, but have the approach shaken up to where you can be overwhelmed.

I like this mod, it's just severely unbalanced.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

what's the order need to run the mod with D4T? i'm using the Zandronum port. but it seems to not be working or something
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

MrRumbleRoses wrote:what's the order need to run the mod with D4T? i'm using the Zandronum port. but it seems to not be working or something
D4Tv21.pk3
D4T_Hellwalker_Zandronum.pk3
Spoiler:
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

does not work with mods that have custom ammo(i tried final doomer and high noon drifter).maybe you should remove clipbox2 and etc or poltergeist does not work without it?
also there is no puffs for bullets for zombies and plasmagun fire is blinking while mid-air
Gourry
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Gourry »

Thought this mod was pretty good. Had some problems with playing with D4t. Some imps get stuck in corners and I keep getting a screen saying force abort at random times. It happened when I tried to use the keybind end demon mode.
REVonZdoom

Post by REVonZdoom »

Can you make it compatible for EOA? When you load hell walker before EOA it doesn't spawn EOA's items, if you load it after EOA, enemies like trites and unwilling don't spawn.

download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbjxp3gr774czix/EOA.zip?dl=0
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Hey Abyss would you permit me to make a patch that allows this mod and Insanity's Requiem's Monster Spawners to play nice?
ilovedoom! clone

Post by ilovedoom! clone »

Here is a bug i found: some of the enemies in the standalone version have missing sounds (ex. chaingunners firing sound is missing)
Please fix this
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Hey there ..I have a small (or actually big) problem ..
Something let's an invincible enemy wn sometimes
Any idea why ?

I use many different mods with your amazing enemy mod but it happens with almost all of them ...
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

This addon replaces all the enemies of doom and adds new stuff to the existing items, i guess! Very awesome and challenging mod.

Tho not sure why Zombieman's projectiles are flickering in Standalone version. Is this normal? Or should i really have to play the game with D4T?
DoonMoom2020
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by DoonMoom2020 »

Hello! I’ve recently found this mod and tried to play it.
But every time I load up the mod with D4T (or any other gameplay mods), this error message popped up.

Script error, "D4T_Hellwalker_Zandronum.pk3:modeldef" line 342:
MODELDEF: Unknown actor type 'NailWeak'

I loaded the mod correctly and even changed engines (zandronum/LZDoom/GZDoom), but the mod won’t run to no bail.
Could you provide any helpful tips that might solve this? Thanks!

Edit: I switched to v2.1 of D4T and now it runs fine! Problem solved :) You can disregard my concern
Valken

Post by Valken »

Edit --- I was originally replying to someone who posted they were getting errors but it seems that post above mine is gone? Losing my mind slowly...

OP above me posted they were getting some error message about missing cases.

My response:

D4T 2.1 works perfectly. Just tested it. Load this mod AFTER D4Tv2.1.pk3.

D4T2.1 Crucible and D4T 2.5 has errors when using the D4T version.

But if the user loads the STANDALONE HellwalkerAlpha.pk3 over D4T 2.1 or 2.5, it works!

Probably just to patch it the D4T_Hellwalker file to fix it.
Valken

Post by Valken »

I am playing this mod with the current PB github builds and it seems the LOST SOULS spawn with this huge red with yellow outer layer trail that never disappears.

Load order:

Hellwalker GZD version
ProjectBrutalityGithub - recent builds
PB Patch - need to comment out the missing monster decorates for it load in the decorate file.

If I do not use the PB patch, the barrel explosions emit the same Lost Soul Particles (looks the McDonald's arches) but never disappears. Eventually overwhelms the screen and cannot play as it hides all the sprites behind it.

Can someone advise how to patch this?

I looked at both mod's LostSoul decorates and it seems the RedFlare or RedFlame actors are named different.

Appreciate any help or updates.

Edit - I THINK I solved the issue by changing the load order against the direction of the first post:

Project Brutality
Hellwalker_Alpha GZDdoom version
PB_Patch fixed as per my advice above.

I tried the Zandro version just incase but it did not work in either load order.
cwise103

Post by cwise103 »

I have tried everything to get this to work with Project Brutality. Downloaded different versions of Project brutality, switched loading order every way possible. I can get it to run but only face huggers show up and the brown crippled looking monsters. No flaming skulls coming from corpses, spiders etc. I am using GZDoom 4.5 and I tried old build of pbr3.0 and newest build. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Awesome mod by the way.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Tried loading it in the exact same order as you described, and I still recieved a boatload of errors when starting up. Why is this? I'm using 4.5.0 with the standalone version, and I can't fathom any reason for it to not work.
Edit: Tried this with the zandronum variants, still no dice.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”