Iron Snail [New v2.0 test 17/04/21]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Iron Snail [New v2.0 test 17/04/21]

Postby 64palm » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:39 am

can you give me a iron snail v2.0 before this ?? cus im delete this mod
64palm

Discord: Zandatsu#2138
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Melodica » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:52 am

64palm wrote:sorry but im experiencing a bug when i shoot a pistol a graphic become a dark glitch

not sure what could be causing that, what version of gzdoom are you using? does it happen if you run just the weapons and nothing else??

64palm wrote:can you give me a iron snail v2.0 before this ?? cus im delete this mod

here's a link to the year old previous release of it, but note that its missing a bunch of stuff from the new version and lacks a lot of changes made since then
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1g5qaen97pa1i ... 9.zip?dl=0
Melodica

Postby Kneight » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:45 pm

I've noticed something with the Monoeye monster: it can use its laser attack from any range even without being attacked, whereas Archviles need to be at a certain range when chasing the player.

That's all atm, otherwise amazing mod!
Kneight

Postby Ac!d » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:11 pm

I've played the last release of the weapons, and I noticed a few things :

- This happens (sometimes) when you press "Fire" and "Reload" at the same time.
- The projectiles for the FlameShot bounce on walls, floors, and ceillings. Intentional ?
Ac!d
Perfection is a way, not an end. - Korean Proverb

Discord: Ac!d#2732

Postby Melodica » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:53 pm

Kneight wrote:the Monoeye monster: it can use its laser attack from any range even without being attacked, whereas Archviles need to be at a certain range when chasing the player.

Ah, that's an oversight I didnt notice, thanks for pointing it out!
Ac!d wrote:This happens (sometimes) when you press "Fire" and "Reload" at the same time.

No clue why that happens, but might have fixed it, hopefully
The projectiles for the FlameShot bounce on walls, floors, and ceillings. Intentional ?

This is intentional, yeah.

updated the first post to have a small hotfix to address those two things

EDIT: forgot to remove some unfinished stuff I was gonna dummy out from the monsters, updated the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5ook9lipw2yv ... 1.zip?dl=0
Melodica

Postby 64palm » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:24 am

Melodica wrote:
64palm wrote:sorry but im experiencing a bug when i shoot a pistol a graphic become a dark glitch

not sure what could be causing that, what version of gzdoom are you using? does it happen if you run just the weapons and nothing else??

im using lzdoom 3.87c cuz gzdoom 3.8.2 cannot run this mod

64palm wrote:can you give me a iron snail v2.0 before this ?? cus im delete this mod

here's a link to the year old previous release of it, but note that its missing a bunch of stuff from the new version and lacks a lot of changes made since then
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1g5qaen97pa1i ... 9.zip?dl=0
64palm

Discord: Zandatsu#2138
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby tsukiyomaru0 » Sat May 22, 2021 5:57 pm

A couple ideas:
1. Add the ability to hold multiple weapons per slot as an option.
2. Add the option to have the Metal Slug-style weapon management (as in: you can't carry multiple weapons, picking a new one ditches your current weapon)
tsukiyomaru0

Postby CherubCorps » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:32 pm

Been playing this mod alot. Normally, I don't like mods that replace both enemies and weapons, but they go so well together that I can't imagine the mod without it's custom enemy pack. Still interested in seeing what the final two enemy types will be along with the additional weapon types.

Keep up the good work.
CherubCorps

Discord: CherubCorp#1153
Twitch ID: www.twitch.tv/cherubcorp

Postby LoreCannon » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:21 am

I did not expect to like this mod as much as I do. I'm a huge metal slug fan, even bought an AES and my arcade FPGA cabinet is almost always on demo for MVS games. This is awesome. I can't wait for what you do next.
LoreCannon

Postby VriskaSerket » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:04 pm

Gotta say I love this mod so damn much, and I second the idea to carry only one weapon at a time besides the pistol (or two, for the last few MS titles)
I've honestly been thinking of doing sprites for the weapons, particularly based on the AR-10 used in Metal Slug (with modules to modify it, as in the concept art) or perhaps the weapons from MS3D (which I've managed to rip models from but not view yet, though I do have the textures)
The shotgun is really satisfying to use, I especially like how you replicated the smoke muzzleflash effect for it
Looking forwards to the next update!
VriskaSerket
a.k.a Squig

Discord: Squig#0592

Postby NullWire » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:55 pm

Do you have plans to add all the weapons / powerups from the Metal Slug games?
Some ejected bullet casings for weapons alike the shotgun and machine gun won't look bad tho
NullWire

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods