Iron Snail [New v2.0 test 30/10/21]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Melodica
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Iron Snail [v1.7]

Post by Melodica »

Added a trailer i made for the mod in the main post!

I've also addressed some of the points in Baratus' post, namely the being unable to switch weapons while firing and switching to the knife when running out of ammo. Expect to see these changes and probably more in a future version.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

The weapons-only version still has revenant fireballs that shoot tracers downwards. At first I thought it wasn't a bug but a countermeasure against people who dodge projectiles by crouching :p

The height offset of the tracers does not take into account if the player is crouching, making you fire them out of your face. Also, when traversing stairs (mostly upwards) you can notice that the pitch changes instantly and doesn't interpolate like the view height does. Is there a way to fix this?
Melodica

Post by Melodica »

Decided to get off my lazy ass and start actually working on this again! Iron Snail, 2.0! Featuring rebalancing, new and tweaked sprites, and completely remade in ZScript!
Spoiler: image credits
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hell yeah! Been following this project for a while, it's really fun and exciting to play! :)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Super heavy metal update! Also thanks for using my autoshotty's head! :D
Hgluzowski

Post by Hgluzowski »

Melodica wrote:
Decided to get off my lazy ass and start actually working on this again! Iron Snail, 2.0! Featuring rebalancing, new and tweaked sprites, and completely remade in ZScript!
Hmm... just add guys with mortars, rocket launchers, psychedelic grenades, Girida-O-like tanks and we're done !
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Melodica wrote:Image

The only thing that's missing from this one is ALLEN O'NEIL.

COME ON BOY
Melodica

Post by Melodica »

Here's a little advert featuring two of the new things to be included in Iron Snail 2.0!

The "Mordeth MK1" is a small sized battle tank, capable of moving and firing its turret independently! Of course, the turret must first rotate to directly face the player, and it then fires 3 cannonballs in quick succession, but if you move, it will still have to rotate its cannon at the same speed as it did to face the player!

The "Flame Gun" is just what it says on the tin, firing a cloud of flames that rip through anything that touches it! It has a somewhat lenghthy cooldown however, so its best to use it when in a tight spot or on a group of unsuspecting enemies. Ingame, it also uses rockets, wich replace cells, unless there's a certain big gun in the map itself.

Not pictured is the BFG replacement, the underwhelmingly named "Laser Gun". It chews through cells like nothing else, but in return, it fires a constant beam of high damage railgun-like lasers! It can decimate any foe in mere seconds, and if there's a group of them in a conga line, they will all meet an untimely demise as your lasers rip through their bodies! You can hold the trigger as long as you want, even tap fire it if you feel like it, but mind the wind up and wind down period of the gun, and its incredibly high ammo consumption rate.
Spoiler: credits
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Melodica wrote:

Here's a little advert featuring two of the new things to be included in Iron Snail 2.0!

The "Mordeth MK1" is a small sized battle tank, capable of moving and firing its turret independently! Of course, the turret must first rotate to directly face the player, and it then fires 3 cannonballs in quick succession, but if you move, it will still have to rotate its cannon at the same speed as it did to face the player!

The "Flame Gun" is just what it says on the tin, firing a cloud of flames that rip through anything that touches it! It has a somewhat lenghthy cooldown however, so its best to use it when in a tight spot or on a group of unsuspecting enemies. Ingame, it also uses rockets, wich replace cells, unless there's a certain big gun in the map itself.

Not pictured is the BFG replacement, the underwhelmingly named "Laser Gun". It chews through cells like nothing else, but in return, it fires a constant beam of high damage railgun-like lasers! It can decimate any foe in mere seconds, and if there's a group of them in a conga line, they will all meet an untimely demise as your lasers rip through their bodies! You can hold the trigger as long as you want, even tap fire it if you feel like it, but mind the wind up and wind down period of the gun, and its incredibly high ammo consumption rate.
Spoiler: credits
pls post gameplay vid of these thanks
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

That tank looks super nice and cozy looking. I'd like to see even more bizarre battle machines against the player!
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

Well, the tank will definitely be fun to ride.
Also, fixed the music pack, since not every song was in the ACS source. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rjaq0dz3wcldd ... k.zip?dl=0
Melodica

Post by Melodica »

YukesVonFaust wrote: pls post gameplay vid of these thanks

Here's a gameplay video that I should've probably recorded sooner but got lazy.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Melodica wrote:
YukesVonFaust wrote: pls post gameplay vid of these thanks

Here's a gameplay video that I should've probably recorded sooner but got lazy.
aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's perfect
now it only needs is a Wolfenstein SS replacement
(zombies, ptolemaic army soldiers or the ever-classic Mars People, it's fine by me :) )
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Really gorgeous gameplay!!! And i just love how that tank function works properly, and threateningly! I don't know if it has ACS support, but that's one awesome wonder of scripting.
Melodica

Post by Melodica »

Captain J wrote:Really gorgeous gameplay!!! And i just love how that tank function works properly, and threateningly! I don't know if it has ACS support, but that's one awesome wonder of scripting.
The tank was made entirely through zscript. A funny little thing that can happen is that if you delete only the tank body with the 'remove' command, the game just dies :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”