Ratchet Doom [Update! 1.2]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
monkeybtm6

Ratchet Doom [Update! 1.2]

Post by monkeybtm6 »

Introducing! Ratchet and clank in doom form!

Features

A new weapons arsenal of 13 weapons[22 if you count their upgraded counterparts] based on Ratchet & Clank: Up your Arsenal.

The weapons leveling mechanic that Ratchet & Clank games are well known, weapons evolve into new much more powerful counterparts as they hit V5.

The health upgrade system from the ratchet games is also included.

The Weapons
Spoiler:
ScreenShots
Spoiler:
Changelog
Spoiler:
Download
HERE

Supports zandronom 3.0, tested on GZDoom newest but only breifly, use at own risk, else use older build to be safe.
Last edited by monkeybtm6 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:00 am, edited 7 times in total.
monkeybtm6

Re: Ratchet Doom [Release Candidate 1]

Post by monkeybtm6 »

release canidate version because there might be bugs i missed, otherwise its rather complete for now, i do plan on adding new weapons as time goes on, but felt the arsenals complete enough to release something.
jckfrbn

Post by jckfrbn »

So far so nifty, liking the gun progression though the lava whip might need a handle sprite just to know when its readied
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Very interesting mod! I never seen Ratchet & Clank mod before... Until now! I'm not sure why this kind of mod never existed back then. But glad i can play this mod. Great job.

But hey, i'm seeing spitting hydra leaves vanilla bulletpuff when fired. And Rift Inducer's projectile makes monsters bleed a lot.

Lastly, i hope you can make RY3NO fire much faster. Because of glory, of course!
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

Captain J wrote:Very interesting mod! I never seen Ratchet & Clank mod before... Until now! I'm not sure why this kind of mod never existed back then. But glad i can play this mod. Great job.

But hey, i'm seeing spitting hydra leaves vanilla bulletpuff when fired. And Rift Inducer's projectile makes monsters bleed a lot.

Lastly, i hope you can make RY3NO fire much faster. Because of glory, of course!
yeah the bullet puff isnt a bug, i have many guns fire a dummy no damage hitscan shot because some wads have switches that need to be shot by hitscan weapons, which this mod has none of.
monkeybtm6

Re: Ratchet Doom [Release! 1.0]

Post by monkeybtm6 »

Minor update released squashing a few minor bugs and bringing this from release candidate to full release! Check changelog on first post to see what was fixed.
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

Captain J wrote:And Rift Inducer's projectile makes monsters bleed a lot.
Very strange, the effects i used to achieve it shouldn't cause bleeding at all, and local testing they don't bleed. You're not trying to use brutal doom or ketchup right? cause those add effects i cant account for. This is intended to be ran on its own.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Nah. I don't use brutal or ketchup mod, obviously. I was playing the mod, plain and that happens.
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

I've been pretty much waiting a quarter of my life to see something like this in Doom, mod is great and good job Monkey
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

Captain J wrote:Nah. I don't use brutal or ketchup mod, obviously. I was playing the mod, plain and that happens.
very strange then, i cant really fix a bug i cant replicate. well next update i replaced blood effects entirely with something more fitting anyway.
kikichang

Post by kikichang »

Any chance of seeing the godly bouncer weapon in future updates? That was always my fav weapon in 2 and 3
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

kikichang wrote:Any chance of seeing the godly bouncer weapon in future updates? That was always my fav weapon in 2 and 3
Its already in my test build for the next update, just working out some kinks.
monkeybtm6

Re: Ratchet Doom [Update! 1.1]

Post by monkeybtm6 »

Updated to 1.1, its mostly a general bug fix with the exception of a new weapon added. check change log above for details
monkeybtm6

Re: Ratchet Doom [Update! 1.2]

Post by monkeybtm6 »

Released version 1.2, its mostly just bug fixes and balance tweaks, check changelog for more into. this will likely be the last of the rapid fire updates.
kikichang

Re: Ratchet Doom [Update! 1.2]

Post by kikichang »

Any chance of seeing the experience system work with the popular monster mods like colorful doom or doomrl's monsters in the future?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”