[v3.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes : 25

Re: [v3.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Postby Spaceman333 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:24 pm

Rowsol wrote:There's something up with the health system. When I get beyond 180 health my health starts to drop even if I have enough healthupgrades to get 200 health.
I also can't seem to figure out why sometimes I'm able to get above 300 armor.

iirc original wolfenstein had a system where any health over 100hp would automatically slowly slip away - mostly to encourage aggressive gameplay. There was definitely a setting the mod's options menu to change it back to regular doom style health.
Spaceman333

Postby JohnMidnight2120 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:07 pm

Rowsol wrote:There's something up with the health system. When I get beyond 180 health my health starts to drop even if I have enough healthupgrades to get 200 health.
I also can't seem to figure out why sometimes I'm able to get above 300 armor.

I do believe if you're not running Doom defaults, Wolfenstein options caps you at 300 armour.
JohnMidnight2120

Discord: John Marshall
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby JohnMidnight2120 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:24 pm

Big question here. How do the difficulty settings match up to default difficulty settings, in terms of monster count?
JohnMidnight2120

Discord: John Marshall
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Rodman909 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:03 pm

JohnMidnight2120 wrote:Big question here. How do the difficulty settings match up to default difficulty settings, in terms of monster count?

All difficulty settings have the same number of monsters per level as Vanilla Doom's Ultra-Violence difficulty.
Rodman909

Discord: #5312

Postby LordNukenator » Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:43 pm

The napalmkraftwerk secondary fire doesn't cause explosive barrels to explode, but the primary does. I assume this isn't intentional.
LordNukenator

Postby Irrevenant » Thu May 26, 2022 12:24 pm

I just found this the other day. Very, very cool. Seeing Rayne in a Doom mod was awesome and unexpected, 1 and 2 were some of my favorite games way back. I'd say the only problem I have when playing as her is that her voice is a bit quiet compared to Blazko.

Ahh, also, I gotta add my voice to the "dragon's breath is a bit much visually" crowd. I prefer not upgrading the shotgun's ammo because of it.

And I just noticed pretty much every ballistic weapon's bullets fire below the center of the screen/crosshair whether aiming or not.
Irrevenant

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods