[v3.0.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll runs till Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes : 25

Re: [v3.0.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Postby D3athStalker » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:29 pm

Nems wrote:
Linz wrote:For some reason the Rune of Vitality slowly lowers your health instead of regenerating it?

Anyone else have this issue?

In the past version if your health is over 250 the Rune of Vitality causes your health to degenerate until it hits 250 again or the rune timer runs out. I've been meaning to report this bug but I keep forgetting lol

Also I plan on playing 3.0 through some stuff once I get some time. <3

Not sure if it's a bug, cuz the regen cap is at 250. Your health still decays when it's over 250, but at a slower pace.

Anyways, the bug fix update is here, enjoy <3

Link: https://mega.nz/file/YlY2UDBS#pAyh8j5nt ... mK_th8gF_k
Alternate link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/z12zn1vk3 ... 1.pk3/file

Spoiler: Changelog

Also I have added a poll regarding fire based weapons, feedback is most appreciated.
D3athStalker
>bind mouse1 "summon bfgball" *click click click*

Discord: D3athStalker#3538

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:48 pm

I was going to give some suggestion before you put this out, but I kind of forgot to talk about it.
Where you thinking of supporting the HUDs not get so squished on different scales? I usually go with what vanilla Doom has HUDs sized at because it looks nice but I can also see the stats pretty clearly. But as it is with the mod, it makes some bits maybe too large or something and just crosses with each other.
Starman the Blaziken

Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Captain J » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:28 am

Fire based weapons are fairly deadly and helpful especially when you're surrounded or an arch-vile is in front of you, about to attack.

Tho the penalty of setting yourself on fire is kinda harsh.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Redead-ITA » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:56 am

My issue with this mod is that it spams the acs saying that 'none' is an unknown actor class when i equip either:
The pistol, smg, blackrose, super shotgun, leichenfaust, teslakanone, doesn't seem to do the same thing when crossweild but at the same time i can't seem to be able to reload the weapons there
Running the stable release of GZDOOM 4.4.2
additionally the leichenfaust will say it requires 7 upgrade kits to upgrade the weapon, but if you have less than required, it will say you need 5 to upgrade the weapon.
Redead-ITA
I suck at H posing

Re: [v3.0] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Postby EddieMann » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:14 pm

EddieMann wrote:Give the guns the same weight and feel as their wolfenstein TNO counterparts - either through more pronounced recoil or a buffed fire rate in the assault rifles, since they feel light and could use a little more impact.

Hmm, I tried to reduce the number of frames the weapon was shooting but thought it was firing a bit too fast. I also don't really want the thing have the same fire rate as the Submachine Gun.
Maybe a mid-way between the two, or at least a little more "bang", "oomph", or weight to the assault rifle? Something like what Final Doomer does with the Plutonia heavy machine gun, for example.
EddieMann

Postby Linz » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:57 am

Tbh I'm really curious how you'll think up heavy weapon counterparts for the rest of the guns that don't have one yet

Also I am 100% certain the Schmerzmittel is a Painkiller reference
Linz

Postby D3athStalker » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:44 pm

Redead-ITA wrote:My issue with this mod is that it spams the acs saying that 'none' is an unknown actor class when i equip either:
The pistol, smg, blackrose, super shotgun, leichenfaust, teslakanone, doesn't seem to do the same thing when crossweild but at the same time i can't seem to be able to reload the weapons there
Running the stable release of GZDOOM 4.4.2

That's odd, guess I gotta update my GZDoom since it doesn't happen with the slightly older version I have.

Linz wrote:Also I am 100% certain the Schmerzmittel is a Painkiller reference

8-)
D3athStalker
>bind mouse1 "summon bfgball" *click click click*

Discord: D3athStalker#3538

Postby YasuoProjectX » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:36 pm

i almost like this mod but i dont like Zmovement cuz its annoying to me 😭😭
YasuoProjectX
Dead is like a wind, always by my side!

Discord: Xx_SappHire_xX
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan Support

Postby PeaceKeep0r » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:39 pm

I'm super duper loving this mod, this is my favorite thus far out of all I played, everything feels great!

One thing I noticed is I'm unable to disable enemy weapon drops, didn't see an option to disable in your mod, or if another mod I have may be triggering it. Did I happen to miss that option anywhere?
PeaceKeep0r

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods