[v3.0.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll runs till Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes : 25

Re: [v3.0] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Postby Linz » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:34 am

Oh,and another weird issue I'm having: The heavy weapons have invisible pickup sprites

I have no idea why
Linz

Postby TheNightATK300 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:39 am

There are also problems with the death animation when you held down the melee button, you still melee even when dead.
TheNightATK300
Teh person.

Discord: XSlayer300#2323

Postby SeriousWeasle » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:14 am

Ok so I just started to play with this mod and somehow managed to make the time slow power active at all times except when I select it. I run GZDoom 4.5 pre 70 x64, along with some other mods: war trophies 1.6.1, target spy 1.13, hitmarkers 1.14, steve_flashlight 2018.02.12 and slaughterfest 2012. I will attempt to recreate this bug without those mods and if I figure out how I caused this to happen I will post an update.`

UPDATE:
With just gzdoom 4.5 70 x64 and Doom Incarnate it can happen if you quickly cycle through the different powers...

Anyway this mod is one of my favorite doom mods and I really love the new update!
SeriousWeasle
All your bugs are belong to us.

Discord: SeriousWeasle#5295
Twitch ID: SeriousWeasle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Wivicer » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:18 pm

Small bug that only happens occasionally: While reloading the inferno shotgun, if you tap the reload key to speed up and hit it at just the right time when there are nine shells loaded, the reloading animation for the magazine-fed version plays.
Not game-breaking, but it does consume an extra shell if you're just mashing the button.
Wivicer

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby EddieMann » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:51 pm

Give the guns the same weight and feel as their wolfenstein TNO counterparts - either through more pronounced recoil or a buffed fire rate in the assault rifles, since they feel light and could use a little more impact.
EddieMann

Postby Captain J » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:29 pm

So i tried the new version and my my! I really dig the new weapon sprites and the player movement! It's somewhat... Realistic and kinda reasonable. At least there's no cannot-stop-moving-on-the-ledge momentum issue, though. I do wonder if i could turn this off and enjoy the game with vanilla doom movement. You know, to increase the difficulty and all.
Spoiler: Put all the feedback to a Spoiler because it can't stop flowing
And that's all for now. I really love the superweapons also!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Doctrine Gamer » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:55 pm

I liked this new update but has it ever happened to any of you from having FPS drops or lag in the explosion of Totenkopf in LZDoom even putting all options turned on in performance?
Doctrine Gamer
Holger Danilchenko

Postby D3athStalker » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:15 pm

Noted all the bugs, the next hotfix should be able to fix as many of them as it can.

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:P.S.: Any particular reason why you swapped the Magnum for the Black Rose? I like both, just asking. =)

I felt like Scythe Magnum looked kinda out of place in the arsenal (looked way too sci-fi-ey), felt kinda underwhelming and most importantly, I just didn't like the weapon lmao. I was thinking of what to replace this thing and thought a beefy revolver would suffice more than enough.

EddieMann wrote:Give the guns the same weight and feel as their wolfenstein TNO counterparts - either through more pronounced recoil or a buffed fire rate in the assault rifles, since they feel light and could use a little more impact.

Hmm, I tried to reduce the number of frames the weapon was shooting but thought it was firing a bit too fast. I also don't really want the thing have the same fire rate as the Submachine Gun.

Captain J wrote:- The Black Rose Revolver's reloading animation never changes despite just spending one bullet. Also its firing sound gets cut off by the reloading sound.

- Have to be honest with you, but i found weird that Paratrooper's Rifle's explosive mode consumes 3 ammo and always leave 2 rounds that i cannot spend in instant. You always have to reload or change the fire mode and it's quite inconvenient. Perhaps decrease it to 2? I would like to make my last shot potent, and make it count.

- So a spent Tesla magazine sparks and then explode. But does it actually does something? Like damaging or stunning the enemies. Would be so nice if that's true.

- Leichenfaust makes the enemies fly, tho they're already dead. Is this powered by Veil or something or am i seeing things?

- Lasergewehr changes the POV a little bit after firing it. And where's the charging sound?

- The Red Chaigun Superweapon fires Rocket in wrong spot. It's too far away from the barrel. Also i'm not really sure why it does not spawn the spend casings. Lag problem? Venom Gun would like a word with you.

- What's the difference of between fire modes of AT Cannon? Is the Anti-Air one is just slightly faster than Anti-Tank one?

- The reloading animation isn't supposed to be changing, since the player empties all of the chambers while reloading, hence why the weapon gets a speedloader for the magazine upgrade.

- Good idea actually, I might just make it consume two rounds instead of three, and that way it wouldn't completely get overshadowed by Black Rose's Nitro rounds as well (I was also thinking of reducing LKW's mag capacity to 32 to support two full charged shots but the laziness hit me).

- I was thinking of making it damage or stun enemies but decided to scrap it since you can just shoot one bolt and reload to abuse the thing. So yeah, it's just a visual effect.

- Yup, the weapon is directly based on Wolfenstein 2009's Leichenfaust-44 after all, which makes shit fly around upon impact.

- Lasergewehr has a charge sound effect but it starts rather slowly, I might either slow down the charge time or speed to the charge sound effect to compensate for it.

- The Schmerzmittel shoots 2.5 faster than Venom Gun, hence the casings make the game lag like absolute hell. I might add casings to the thing but I'll prob add no smoke version for it.

- Anti-Tank rounds go through walls and creates chain explosions before dying out. Anti-Air doesn't have that but compensates for it for having stronger explosion.
D3athStalker
>bind mouse1 "summon bfgball" *click click click*

Discord: D3athStalker#3538

Postby D3athStalker » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:19 pm

Doctrine Gamer wrote:I liked this new update but has it ever happened to any of you from having FPS drops or lag in the explosion of Totenkopf in LZDoom even putting all options turned on in performance?

I only experience lag during cluster nuke explosions. The smoke CVar also works on the nuke's smoke effects. The best I can do at this point is adding a CVar that replaces nuke explosion effects with regular bigger explosion effects.
D3athStalker

Postby Linz » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:12 pm

- Yup, the weapon is directly based on Wolfenstein 2009's Leichenfaust-44 after all, which makes shit fly around upon impact.

Oh so that's what it's based on huh?

I always wondered why Wolfenstein 2009 is basically forgotten by most people
Linz

Postby Doctrine Gamer » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:37 pm

D3athStalker wrote:
Doctrine Gamer wrote:I liked this new update but has it ever happened to any of you from having FPS drops or lag in the explosion of Totenkopf in LZDoom even putting all options turned on in performance?

I only experience lag during cluster nuke explosions. The smoke CVar also works on the nuke's smoke effects. The best I can do at this point is adding a CVar that replaces nuke explosion effects with regular bigger explosion effects.

I will wait for the next updates :thumb:
Doctrine Gamer
Holger Danilchenko

Postby Captain J » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:35 am

Yo thanks for the detailed replies. And i actually can hear the charging sound of Lasergewehr. But...
- Lasergewehr has a charge sound effect but it starts rather slowly, I might either slow down the charge time or speed to the charge sound effect to compensate for it.
You see, i fired this weapon, switched to another weapon, switched it back again. Then i noticed that the POV feels different than usual. I don't think it was intended or anything.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby D3athStalker » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:51 am

Captain J wrote:Yo thanks for the detailed replies. And i actually can hear the charging sound of Lasergewehr. But...
You see, i fired this weapon, switched to another weapon, switched it back again. Then i noticed that the POV feels different than usual. I don't think it was intended or anything.

It's not intentional, it should be fixed in the following bugfix update.
D3athStalker

Postby Linz » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:35 pm

For some reason the Rune of Vitality slowly lowers your health instead of regenerating it?

Anyone else have this issue?
Linz

Postby Nems » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:44 pm

Linz wrote:For some reason the Rune of Vitality slowly lowers your health instead of regenerating it?

Anyone else have this issue?

In the past version if your health is over 250 the Rune of Vitality causes your health to degenerate until it hits 250 again or the rune timer runs out. I've been meaning to report this bug but I keep forgetting lol

Also I plan on playing 3.0 through some stuff once I get some time. <3
Nems
"small monster loops"

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods