[v2.1.3] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [v1.8.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Postby acridAxid » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:13 pm

This might be an incredibly dumb question but I've been through Zdoom's control options and the 'Mod Options' menu and couldn't find anything that allowed me toggle between altfire modes. 'Secondary Fire' shoulders the weapon, and none of the 'Weapon State #' or 'Weapon Zoom' options do anything. Under 'Mod Options', I've mapped the dual wield altfire to be mousewheelleft/right, but again, that doesn't seem to do anything in or out of dual wield.

I skimmed a few pages of the thread and didn't see anyone else struggling with it, and I also tried using the mod alone with no other addons just to make sure I wasn't hitting some conflict from one of my music packs..

What exactly toggles the alt-fire mode?
acridAxid

Postby Nems » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:48 pm

Maybe it has something to do with the mouse wheel? I never ever use the mouse wheel for anything as I find those to be really temperamental. I personally use 'z' to toggle alt-fire for the left-handed weapon and 'x' to toggle alt-fire for the right-handed weapon. However, I also never toggle alt-fire for the left-handed weapon because I personally don't dual-wield that much (the only weapons I do dual-wield is the SMG, handgun, magnum, and Kampfpistole).

Also, it's been a while since I played with this. O: I'll provide feedback/bug reports once I've gone through a megawad with this.
Nems
Wait what

Postby acridAxid » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:20 pm

Thanks Nems, just switching those away from the mousewheel left/right to z and x solved it. I wonder why Zdoom will let me apply those settings from the menu but then ignores the input in practice?
acridAxid

Postby Nems » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:42 pm

Found a bug: when upgrading either slot five weapons (Kampfpistole, NapalmKraftWerk) the corresponding keys used to upgrade the weapon will both upgrade the weapon and do whatever the key is assigned to.

For example: with the NapalmKraftWerk, if you use the fire key to upgrade the ammunition, it'll upgrade the ammunition but also fire the weapon at the same time too, which can potentially harm the player if they're trying to upgrade the weapon in close quarters. Same thing when upgrading the internals (alt-fire) or magazine (reload) occur. The internals will upgrade but you'll aim down the sight as well or the magazine capacity will upgrade but you'll reload the weapon too.

This bug isn't found in any of the other weapons. These bugs were also encountered in GZDoom 3.6.0, by the way.
Nems
Wait what

Postby acridAxid » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:56 am

That behavior reproduces for me as well on GZDoom 3.6.0.
acridAxid

Postby Rowsol » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:37 am

It was a result of him taking off NOAUTOFIRE from the weapons. I complained a while back how those weapons would ignore my button presses because of that flag so he removed it. The upgrade is finicky as a result. Just needs a delay added after an upgrade to avoid doing said command.
Rowsol

Re: [v1.8.2] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Postby D3athStalker » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:27 am

I finally stopped being a lazy pos and updated this mod to 1.8.2 (1.8½?)

Link: https://mega.nz/#!tpZzXKZC!7XuauueMMdTn ... PZiyWbY9qw
Alternate Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rs394sb9n ... 2.pk3/file

Spoiler: Changelog
D3athStalker
Uncharacteristic Vampire Enthusiast

Discord: D3athStalker#6969

Postby armymen12002003 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:32 am

Nice looking forward to trying this when i get home i would love for you to make a special version of the kriegsland enemies pack that uses syuff from this.
armymen12002003
Good to go.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby armymen12002003 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Also i'm experiencing random crashing in cross wielding and dual wielding.
armymen12002003
Good to go.

Postby D3athStalker » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:29 am

Huh, that's awkward. I started doing heavy polishment of the weapon codes, hopefully they will be crash-free and even they won't be, it'll be easier to detect the bugs.

Spoiler:
D3athStalker
Uncharacteristic Vampire Enthusiast

Discord: D3athStalker#6969

Postby CanisLaticanis » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:13 am

I've not run into any crashes with either.

As for other things, really liking the new Plasma Rifle sprites, though the ADS sprite for it seems blurry for some reason? Still, that blue dot front post is much more visible than the old crosshares.
CanisLaticanis

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby ShockwaveS08 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:11 am

When firing the Plasma Rifle for the first time after a map-load, the framerate massively tanks for the first few bursts due to the impact effects from the plasma bolts being loaded into memory. After it's cached, the frames don't lower as much when employing this weapon in combat.

Experienced on GZDoom v3.6.0_Legacy, via Delta Touch.
ShockwaveS08

Discord: Shockwave_S08#0859

Postby armymen12002003 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:18 pm

D3athStalker wrote:Huh, that's awkward. I started doing heavy polishment of the weapon codes, hopefully they will be crash-free and even they won't be, it'll be easier to detect the bugs.

Spoiler:

hmm thats strange now it's working now that im using gzdoom 32bit instead of 64bit
armymen12002003
Good to go.

Postby CanisLaticanis » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:08 pm

armymen12002003 wrote:hmm thats strange now it's working now that im using gzdoom 32bit instead of 64bit

Stranger still, considering I'm using 64bit myself. What was the version number of your GZDoom?
CanisLaticanis

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby armymen12002003 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:14 pm

Latest
armymen12002003
Good to go.

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods