[v3.0.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll runs till Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes : 25

Re: [v1.7] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Postby D3athStalker » Wed May 30, 2018 10:12 am

chronoteeth wrote:honestly going never played but its poor by comparison is defeatist. the bugs have been ironed out, the unbalanced difficulty is from the super hard one life mods and the one before that, and the bs moments? its wolfenstein this wacky asinine bs is par for the course for the series when theres brain robots and magicians summoning nazi skeletons. plus its weird to be disliking of somethign you havnt played with a lot of references to the game even with the shirt designs, the start up area, ect. it just seems silly to say that without playing the game when the mod is so enamored by said game in the grand scheme of things

i know it sounds silly but you have to understand that with the new colossus a lot of the reason why people ended up hating it or saying things (ignoring reviewers, which seemed to like it a lot more) about the game was, to be honest, alt right scumfucks

Okay, judging the game before even playing it was not the brightest idea. That's probably because I watched the gameplay and its cutscenes dug into my mind.

About the bullshit moments I talked about, I can accept some of them
Spoiler:

but I honestly can't unsee
Spoiler:

I don't care about the ignorant section who talked shit about the game just cause it involves killing Nazis, their opinion is nonexistent to me.
D3athStalker
>bind mouse1 "summon bfgball" *click click click*

Discord: D3athStalker#3538

Postby chronoteeth » Wed May 30, 2018 10:16 am

Spoiler:

it is good to hear tho that it isnt due to that. I wont lie, if it was due to some alt right shit i'd have to ask you to not use my sprite work in your mod ahaha
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby LossForWords » Wed May 30, 2018 11:55 am

D3athStalker wrote: the ignorant section who talked shit about the game just cause it involves killing Nazis

a.k.a those who never played a single wolfenstein game
Spoiler:
LossForWords
your friendly neighborhood друг.

Postby Captain J » Thu May 31, 2018 1:28 am

You have a point there. Although i love TNC and would love to play it to the end, i think it's kinda different yet hysterically bright to me, seems like they tried to make the game separated from the prequel; making their overall style divided. While TNO is serious, depressing and gives you the feel that you must break through the overwhelming forces of Nazi. TNC is kinda same, but it's more determined and adventurous. Also explains the past and the characteristics from other characters to check out. My favorite was BJ and Sigrun's. And of course, TNC still follows depressing sequences like TNO. But i say, they made some at least good changes. I can tell you that.

So yeah, that's just my opinion about why TNC is not actually bad at all. It's different, gets ridiculous as the story goes. However is a nice decent sequel to its prequel.

And enough talking, here's my Feedback;

- Scythe pistol doesn't play its pickup sound.

- I can fire the unlimited numbers of Grenade with my Assault Rifle, although i have no grenades. Intentional?

- Napalmkraftwerk's Flamethrower mode in Dual wield won't let me use the ammo below 10, after firing some napalm canisters.

Speaking of Napalmkravtvorkish gun, its flamethrower projectile gets blocked all the time, especially in narrow spaces.

And that's about it. Although the weapons feel too much powerful and i've found big-loads of ammo during gameplay and was overwhelming, but that was fine! Nice mod.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Lime » Thu May 31, 2018 6:14 am

Mod is good from the overpowered arsenal, some accurate sprites and sounds of the modern wolfenstein series, and the power of dual wielding or cross wielding. but there are problems of the mod:
- For some reason of the other bugs, I've noticed a Black Line (looks like an upside down "L") in the top-left of the new fullscreen hud.
- Fullscreen hud does shown much of the time of the powerups.
Lime
(Staring........)

Postby Kyotra » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:13 am

chronoteeth wrote:
D3athStalker wrote:i know it sounds silly but you have to understand that with the new colossus a lot of the reason why people ended up hating it or saying things (ignoring reviewers, which seemed to like it a lot more) about the game was, to be honest, alt right scumfucks

Alt-right? C'mon guy, don't be that guy who just brushes away criticism you don't agree with by insinuating they're some kind of crazy nationalists.

Most criticism I've seen for the game has to do with
-The unlikable woman who replaced Caroline
-General cringe moments
-Romanticization of communism
-Complete lack of nuance with certain characters (and not the fun lack of nuance)

No one ever complained about killing Nazis (that's what you expect out of Wolfenstein), and despite the overly long cutscenes the gameplay was good. I'm pretty sure you're thinking of that one time the promotional twitter used a Trump quote and people took it as an insinuation that Trump voters are fascists (an insinuation that gets thrown around way too much unfortunately).
Kyotra

Postby chronoteeth » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:55 am

some things about the mod has been driving me a bit bonkers. its more of a personal taste in this reference but a lot of the reloads feel off. not bad per-se, but off. Maybe its from the use of the texture lumps a lot or stuff like a very simple style reload, but they do come off bland. Effective, but bland. OH and the bfg like weapon I never felt like aims at the crosshairs
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby Toberone » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:45 am

Simple bug report not sure if mentioned, nothing big.

If you keep rapid firing right mouse click during a dual wield pistol reload the right pistol vanishes, although fixed by another reload/weapon switch. Not sure if this happens with any other weapon.

Also this mod is great, one of my favorite power-tripping weapon mods with just the right amount of balance to feel like its not completely tipping the odds in your favor at least in slaughter wads.
Toberone

Postby ShockwaveS08 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:42 am

Feature Request, regarding the contraptions: Any chance for a configurable "double-tap sensitivity", measured in in-game tics, for the Ram Shackles, Compression Harness, and Scout Walkers? In Delta Touch, double-tapping my crouch button is unreliable at best. And perhaps you can look into Quake Champions, and see how the Inquisitor does his evasive dashes (which work great with a gamepad on Delta Touch), so the Ram Shackles can be adapted to analog sticks as well? As-is, they're just sitting on my shoulders, doing absolutely nothing.
ShockwaveS08
Ripping and tearing on Android.

Discord: Shockwave_S08#0859
Github ID: ShockwaveS08

Postby CanisLaticanis » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:58 am

... thank you so much for making the weapon SFX less deafening; it was the reason I stopped playing this mod. Anyway, I have a few suggestions:

• Super Shotgun: Possibly make the current internals upgrade into a magazine upgrade (I know it's technically not a magazine, but still); the new Internals upgrade would be a 'duckbill choke' that reduces vertical spread, making it a bit stronger against crowds.
  • Hand grenades feel a little weedy right now. You can only carry 12 at most, yet they do pretty 'meh' damage; maybe give them a stun effect? Or have them be upgradable somehow.
  • If it's possible, make it so you can swap the order weapons are selected in slots? I rarely find myself using the Gatling Gun, for example, but the Assault Rifle is my go-to generic weapon; same goes for the NapalmKraftWerk and the Kampfpistole. The spot where this is obviously a little more troublesome is the Shotgun slot - not sure what I'd do there.
  • Maybe have the NVGs and Radsuits act like the ones in Trailblazer - you can turn them on and off at will, and getting new ones adds 'charge' to the one you already have.
  • Another Trailblazer-y suggestion: have an option to have all backpacks after the first grant the player +10% ammo capacity.
  • Have 'use'ing a health kit to overcharge health immediately pick it up, instead of having to walk over it.
CanisLaticanis

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby DoomFan25 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:02 pm

Hey D3athStalker, great mod! i love playing it with Project Brutality monsters, but which weapons can be cross dual wielded? I mean, so far i managed to dual wield pistols, submachine guns and the keltec shotgun, but i still can't find a way to cross wield them
DoomFan25

Postby D3athStalker » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:52 am

DoomFan25 wrote:Hey D3athStalker, great mod! i love playing it with Project Brutality monsters, but which weapons can be cross dual wielded? I mean, so far i managed to dual wield pistols, submachine guns and the keltec shotgun, but i still can't find a way to cross wield them

Thanks for the thumbs up :)

KelTec shotgun? Dude, your version of the mod is old as hell, I replaced KelTec SG with Inferno SG quite a while ago.

To cross wield weapons, hold switch left firemode button when you're holding a weapon, hold switch right firemode button when you're holding another weapon and press 9. But I recommend updating the mod first.

Any weapon can be dual/cross wielded.
D3athStalker

Postby armymen12002003 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:58 pm

liking v1.7 only gripe i have is the magnum sprite is way too small imho
armymen12002003
Halt!

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby 1w346 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:17 pm

I'm having some problems when I'm using it. When I start it up, it crashes on anything other than GZDoom. I'll include the crash report in the spoiler below.

Spoiler:

Also, when I am able to get it started up in Gzdoom, my left hand weapon is invisible when dual-wielding (Except for the Pistol), and the log is spammed with 'Jump Target 'death2' not found in BuellerCasingLieDown'

I tried using SLADE to fix it, but no success...
Can somebody help me with this?

Thank you!
1w346

Postby D3athStalker » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:31 pm

Never encountered such a bug. What is the version of your GZDoom? Because I couldn't detect such a bug in version 3.5.0.

It's also true that the mod is not compatible with Zandronum.
D3athStalker

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods