[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [v2.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by CanisLaticanis »

Found another bug: dual-wielded SMGs cannot fire the right-hand gun.

EDIT: Except you CAN fire the alt-fire laser. Hopefully that helps?
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

CanisLaticanis wrote:Found another bug: dual-wielded SMGs cannot fire the right-hand gun.

EDIT: Except you CAN fire the alt-fire laser. Hopefully that helps?
Noticed the problem, and the problem is caused by one line. ONE. FUCKING. LINE.

Also noticed that you can't deselect dual wielded SMG by pressing the dedicated button after you fire the laser from either weapons and the firemode explanations are outdated. Not to mention the HUD icons for some of the weapons for crossed wield are broken. :bang:

There are actually a lot of bugs that I've discovered, so it'll take a while to fix most or all of them and I'm too lazy to upload this mod twice just for one line. Lmao
Iniquitatis
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Iniquitatis »

Eh, well, there are another two bugs with the starting pistol:
1. There is a muzzle flash while upgrading or trying to upgrade this weapon;
2. It shoots three rounds in burst mode even if the magazine has one or two bullets.

Also, it would be nice to add the FORCEXYBILLBOARD flag to the various projectiles.
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

So, am I to understand the Totenkopf and the MG60 both give the same bonus from dismantling them or is that just a typo in your documentation?
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:So, am I to understand the Totenkopf and the MG60 both give the same bonus from dismantling them or is that just a typo in your documentation?
Typo, Totenkopf gives the grenade pistol mini-nuke rounds.
D3athStalker

Re: [v2.1.2] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

Should've released this a few days ago but I was waiting people to list more bugs and none showed up ... so here's 2.1.2 which is another bugfix update.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!U9QwVYaT!liGdtdmsS0ae ... hM872V0hfQ
Alternate link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/rq6ebtsc ... 2.pk3/file
Spoiler: Changelog
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

D3athStalker wrote:Should've released this a few days ago but I was waiting people to list more bugs and none showed up ... so here's 2.1.2 which is another bugfix update.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!U9QwVYaT!liGdtdmsS0ae ... hM872V0hfQ
Alternate link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/rq6ebtsc ... 2.pk3/file
Spoiler: Changelog
ouch... :( kinda sad that the Teslakanone no longer strikes lightning from the sky whenever you use upgraded primary fire, and the fact that it have now nerfed\weakened damage from the lightning bolt emitting from the alt fire's lightning ball... :cry:

Well, at least it now stuns enemies, so that's something. :P

However, I do have small feedback. The stun debuff effect from lightning should do a small Damage-Over-Time, like 1-3hp damage per 0.5 seconds would be enough, as it feels weird for frying a zombieman for hours and he's not dying.
Another thing I wish is for the electric sparkles that are created from the primary fire of Teslakanone did actually had small AoE of damage, which just zaps\stun enemies for short period of time as long they are in touch with said AoE emitting from these sparkles, this is more for immersion effect.

As for the Teslakanone's lightning ball, since it's damage seem to be reduced (at least it seem to be, since I no longer can kill cyber and spiderdemon when I shoot it at map20), any chance for the lightning ball actually emitting it's lightning to ALL of the enemies in it's effective range, instead of just targeting single random enemy? Often when I shoot Lightning Ball at horde of enemies, it just targets cyberdemon alone instead of everyone in it's field of effective radius like BFG10K would have done from Quake 2 for example, as result the Lightning Ball doesn't kill anyone as cyberdemon just absorbs all of the damage and nobody else get even a scratch.
Another small change I'd love for Lightning Ball is to actually have double function: it either can bounce of walls and have timer which makes the ball vanish once the timer is off, or it can fly a really long distances and vanish only once it hits a wall\floor\ceiling. Whenever I play big open area maps, I simple can't reach most enemies with it's lightning ball, even if it's a horde of cacodemons where lightning ball is supposedly would be a best weapon against them. Map07 in Chillax is a good example. Could be be done with "if" function? For example, if ball hit ground\wall\ceiling once and the timer is not yet deplicted, it will have "timer mode", and if the ball is out of timer but haven't hit ground\wall\ceiling once, it will switch to "long distance mode" and continue to fly untill it hit something and vanish.
Oh and speaking about Teslakanone's alt fire's lightning ball. For some reason sometimes when I kill enemies, it just targets an single spot of where once the enemy was and even try to hit it through walls. It seems more like visual glitch, as it seem to do no damage.
Iniquitatis

Post by Iniquitatis »

• There are another three bugs with the dual wielded magnums if there's no ammo left in the both magazines:
    1. They cannot be reloaded;
    2. They cannot be switched back to the single wield mode (well, they can, but only by switching to another weapon);
    3. The right magnum is not shooting in the blaster mode.
  • The Grimmhammer shoots three rounds in the dual wield/triple barrel mode when it doesn't have enough ammo in the drum. Same thing with the NapalmKraftWerk, but only with the right weapon.
  • The plasma rifle behaves pretty strangely while it has ammo consumption upgrade and is in the dual wield/full-auto mode: the left weapon consumes ammo just like without upgrade, but it also gradually recharges the right weapon.
  • Bullet puffs are missing for the pistol, SMG and rifle. Also, they're wrong (default Doom bullet puffs) for the super shotgun, Grimmhammer and AR.
  • Pistol's bullet tracers are misaligned vertically, just a little bit. SMG missing them entirely while aiming.
And here goes the question: what means "Only one weapon" for the "Chaingun Replacement" option? Which one of the weapons?
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Iniquitatis wrote:And here goes the question: what means "Only one weapon" for the "Chaingun Replacement" option? Which one of the weapons?
It means it only spawns one weapon; either Assault Rifle, Scythe Magnum, Paratrooper Rifle or Venom Gun. The other option spawns Assault Rifle and one of the other three. The first option is best suited for Doom 2 and the second option for Ultimate Doom where there are no chaingunners to drop the weapon.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

Iniquitatis wrote:
  • There are another three bugs with the dual wielded magnums if there's no ammo left in the both magazines:
    1. They cannot be reloaded;
    2. They cannot be switched back to the single wield mode (well, they can, but only by switching to another weapon);
    3. The right magnum is not shooting in the blaster mode.
I just tested this and I'm not having these issues with dual wielded magnums. What version of GZDoom are you using? Also, do you have the old reload system enabled for dual wield? I have the old reload system enabled for dual wield so maybe that's why I'm not having this issue.
NTSM

Post by NTSM »

Maybe it's just my weak computer, but the Tesla cannon causes me a rapid FPS drop. If I fire the Lightning Ball, or capture multiple enemies with the beam up close.
BTW: My Computer specification
i3 with 4GB RAM & NVidia Geforce GT 630.
I know... very weak. ^^'
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

NTSM wrote:Maybe it's just my weak computer, but the Tesla cannon causes me a rapid FPS drop. If I fire the Lightning Ball, or capture multiple enemies with the beam up close.
Try turning off dynamic lights and see if it helps.
NTSM

Post by NTSM »

Rowsol wrote:
NTSM wrote:Maybe it's just my weak computer, but the Tesla cannon causes me a rapid FPS drop. If I fire the Lightning Ball, or capture multiple enemies with the beam up close.
Try turning off dynamic lights and see if it helps.
That helped a lot. ^^
All I had to do was set the 'Sector Light Mode' setting to 'Bright' so I could see something at all. :lol:

Thx Rowsol!
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Alptraum »

So, which maps would you recommend to play with Incarnate, D3athStalker?
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Alptraum wrote:So, which maps would you recommend to play with Incarnate, D3athStalker?
Any map including a fuckton of monsters should work well. I usually use Slaughterfest 2012 to playtest the mod and it works quite well. The "No Pain No Gain" difficulty tends to give a nice challenge.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”