[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

Doomguy5th

Re: Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by Doomguy5th »

Gonna check this out but before I do:
D3athStalker wrote:Doomguy5th: Large amount of weapon sounds, ammo pickups and explosion sounds.
You do realize that a majority of my sounds are from other sources like ZION and a giant COD MW3 sound rip, right? Also I did a lot of weird sound mixing. The Scythe's sounds are a giant mixture of FPS Gamebanana sounds found for the CounterStrike Desert Eagle.The SMG (MP7) and Gatling are from MW3, which were ripped by a guy named Brian Jackson (giant kudos to him for doing that). The Reaper's sound is a giant mix of random gun sounds put into one (also from MW3. M4A1 and MK46 and another...). The shotgun's sound... I dunno, I first found the sound in one of TiberiumSoul's IR builds.

The explosion sounds you're using are from ZION :|
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

The firing sprites for the autocannon are currently missing and/or incorrect. The weapon shows a blast of plasma in the upper left-hand part of the screen as of the time of this post.

The graphics of the corresponding dual-wield mode look just fine, though. Keep up the good work.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Okay, here's my feedback:

1: The gunsmoke sprite you're using is way too big and slows down gameplay. Use a smaller one or get rid of it altogether.
2: Apparently Brutal Monsters doesn't like your Dual-Wield, Grenade or Hatchet buttons.
3: Space the dual miniguns a little bit, they clip into each other.
4: .357 Ammo is a lot harder to come by than 9mm but it takes forever for the SMG to spawn. Maybe make the starting pistol have unlimited reloads and ammo by default so that it can work as an emergency backup?
5: I feel like the Battlesuit powerup should be renamed to something else, but then again I play Guncaster so I'm spoiled by Pillowblaster's power armour. :P
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Every time I fire a gun the screen is covered in smoke that halves the frame-rate, though it might be because I'm in software mode.
I know, the smoke from weapon are supposed to be small. I'll fix that when I update the mod.
Ooh, any chance to have the Battlesuit be it's own inventory activated powerup like the one in Guncaster?
That's not a battle suit, it's a battle armor. Those two are very different things.
The firing sprites for the autocannon are currently missing and/or incorrect. The weapon shows a blast of plasma in the upper left-hand part of the screen as of the time of this post.
That's a sprite conflict which occurs when you load the mod with Colourful Hell. I'll rename the Autocannon's sprite set.
You do realize that a majority of my sounds are from other sources like ZION and a giant COD MW3 sound rip, right? Also I did a lot of weird sound mixing. The Scythe's sounds are a giant mixture of FPS Gamebanana sounds found for the CounterStrike Desert Eagle.The SMG (MP7) and Gatling are from MW3, which were ripped by a guy named Brian Jackson (giant kudos to him for doing that). The Reaper's sound is a giant mix of random gun sounds put into one (also from MW3. M4A1 and MK46 and another...). The shotgun's sound... I dunno, I first found the sound in one of TiberiumSoul's IR builds.

The explosion sounds you're using are from ZION :|
Thank you for the declaration, I'll update the credits :)
Apparently Brutal Monsters doesn't like your Dual-Wield, Grenade or Hatchet buttons.
I noticed that bug, and I have no idea how to fix that thing :| But I'll try to.
Space the dual miniguns a little bit, they clip into each other.
They are not clipping, but touching to each other. But I can separate them a bit.
.357 Ammo is a lot harder to come by than 9mm but it takes forever for the SMG to spawn. Maybe make the starting pistol have unlimited reloads and ammo by default so that it can work as an emergency backup?
There are 3 main bullet types that spawn from clips (.357, 9mm and NATO) with same chances and there's a sliver chance to find Scythe and SMG from them. So, zombiemen have a chance to drop Scythe and SMG, which has about %11 chance. I can increase the chance of those weapons to spawn. I guess you were a bit unlucky about .357 ammo.
Ts879

Post by Ts879 »

Needs moar weapons dammit! Wheres the supper shotty, the plasma rifle and the rocket launcher. Also a revolver and a machine gun would be nice too.

Besides that great mod! can't wait to see what else you have in future updates.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Ts879 wrote:Needs moar weapons dammit! Wheres the supper shotty, the plasma rifle and the rocket launcher. Also a revolver and a machine gun would be nice too.

Besides that great mod! can't wait to see what else you have in future updates.
Instead of plasma rifle, we have laser rifle which is hitscan and much more accurate. And we have autocannon instead of rocket launcher, which shoots much faster projectiles. Super shotgun wouldn't be a bad idea actually since Blazko used one of those in TNO and it's fun as hell to use them.
D3athStalker

[v1.0.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

Updated the mod to v1.0.1: https://mega.nz/#!RsRExDxR!Yxz90b4IKTUN ... kNFJVocbhk
Nothing new. Just a bugfix, and some visual aspects.

Changelog:
- Buffed Reaper's fire sound.
- Revamped the recoil system. Now it is much stronger but the weapon goes down after firing.
- Fixed a bug where the smoke coming from weapons are extremely big.
- Spaced Dual Gatlings a bit, so that they don't look as one weapon.
- Fixed a sprite conflict of Autocannon when the mod is loaded with Colourful Hell.
- Increased chance to find Scythe and SMG from bullet pickups.
- Explosions now cause tremor.
- New status bar which is separated from fullscreen HUD.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

DanTheHedgefox wrote:Every time I fire a gun the screen is covered in smoke that halves the frame-rate, though it might be because I'm in software mode.
I suspect the problem is that the smoke puff actors are just far too large - software mode translucency is very expensive on the CPU, and having to calculate the entire screen worth of translucency would definitely do that. My suggestion would be to scale down the smoke puffs used for player weapons.

[edit] I might or might not be late. =P
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: [v1.0.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Played it for a bit. Aside from some of the listed stuff, my ONLY complaint is that the hatchet should be faster. Doesn't look that natural.

Other than that, i don't see any grips. Good sprites, good sounds, good animations and everything else. Great job!
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

GAA1992 wrote:Played it for a bit. Aside from some of the listed stuff, my ONLY complaint is that the hatchet should be faster. Doesn't look that natural.

Other than that, i don't see any grips. Good sprites, good sounds, good animations and everything else. Great job!
Thank you, I might change the way the hatchet works. Instead of double-tapping, I'll bind another key for throwing hatchet. And make the player able to spam the hatchet chop button for hack and slash :D
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

I'm unable to download this mod. I checked the Developer console and got this:

Code: Select all

a2473478-517e-4065-83ba-724a73504c19 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
d3666e5f-b201-4276-a110-d26d954952ba Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
So, any chance for a mirror?
Koto
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Koto »

D3athStalker wrote:
GAA1992 wrote:Played it for a bit. Aside from some of the listed stuff, my ONLY complaint is that the hatchet should be faster. Doesn't look that natural.

Thank you, I might change the way the hatchet works. Instead of double-tapping, I'll bind another key for throwing hatchet. And make the player able to spam the hatchet chop button for hack and slash :D
I can suggest a "hold the 'hatchet melee' key to throw" function.

Another suggestion is that you make use of the custom Weapon state keys (User1, User2...) instead of create new bindings.

Everything else is really fine.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

I've fallen in love with this mod already! What monster packs have been found to work good with it so far? Vanilla enemies have gotten old quick.
Oznat

Post by Oznat »

please add a mediafire link please ?
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

The arms indicate that this is the BJ wearing the powersuit underneath his jacket and jeans, which is a neat touch. I'm going to assume the eventual replacement player sprite is going to be the one in your avatar?

EDIT: Also, has anyone noticed an explosion sprite appearing when throwing grenades or hatchets? It shows up in the top-left of the screen.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”