[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

Legion

Re: [v1.6] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by Legion »

I am SO doing a showcase on this!
Ahappyiguana

Post by Ahappyiguana »

Hey, have been playing the mod and enjoyed it a lot (especially with the ketchup mod, such gorey goodness), but i found a little mistake, whenever i use the ironsights i'm unable to move until i stop using it, can you maybe get into fixing that? (no need to bother if you dont want to, just pointing out a bug, the game is still pretty playable without the ironsights)
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Ahappyiguana wrote:Hey, have been playing the mod and enjoyed it a lot (especially with the ketchup mod, such gorey goodness), but i found a little mistake, whenever i use the ironsights i'm unable to move until i stop using it, can you maybe get into fixing that? (no need to bother if you dont want to, just pointing out a bug, the game is still pretty playable without the ironsights)
Huh, never encountered such a bug. When the player aims down their sights, the action gives them a token which grants them a "powerup" that reduces their speed to 60%. What are the other mods you load the mod with?
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

I was playing Cola 3 earlier, and took notice of the "Swap Dual Triggers" option in the menus, which swapped Fire and Alt-Fire whenever the Shotgun in that mod was dual-wielded, so pulling the right-trigger on my controller actually fired my right-hand weapon, and vice-versa for the left hand. Will something similar be implemented in a future version of Doom Incarnate?
Error313

Post by Error313 »

incredible work, I would like to include some movement mechanics (grab ledges or crouchslides)
D3athStalker

Re: [v1.7] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

ShockwaveS08 wrote:I was playing Cola 3 earlier, and took notice of the "Swap Dual Triggers" option in the menus, which swapped Fire and Alt-Fire whenever the Shotgun in that mod was dual-wielded, so pulling the right-trigger on my controller actually fired my right-hand weapon, and vice-versa for the left hand. Will something similar be implemented in a future version of Doom Incarnate?
I actually had to download the mod and play it to understand what your suggestion is about (great mod though, love the weapon level system), maybe I can add such thing in the next update, cause I just updated this thing lol
Error313 wrote:incredible work, I would like to include some movement mechanics (grab ledges or crouchslides)
Hey, I would appreciate such an assist.

Anyways, here is the update 1.7, this is more of a polishment, but I also added a few new things to screw around.

Download link: https://mega.nz/#!M0gnAIwb!j01wpKS5Tm-x ... 1ChpxihbcQ
Alternative link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/gh7vlf5df ... e_v1.7.pk3

Changelog:
- Fixed a major bug in Dual/Crossed Wield.
- Changed some of the outdated icons for some of the weapon modes.
- Fixed the SSG's internal upgrade not showing in Dual Wield.
- Added health and armor upgrades, which have a very low chance of spawning in the place of health & armor bonuses.
- Added the three contraptions from TNC.
- Fixed some of the weapon upgrade messages.
- Added a new HUD for fullscreen mode.
- Changed even more some of the weapons' sounds with the ones from TNC.
- Changed the name of "NATO rounds" to "Kurz rounds" (it still has the same name in coding).
- New fire sound for LKW's charge beam mode and SSG's single barrel mode.
- You can reload left or right weapon without having to reload another one in crossed wield mode. Press Reload and LMB/RMB to reload left/right weapon solitarily.
- Fixed a bug where you can fire the weapon twice after reloading the crossed wielded weapons.
- Fixed a bug where you can fire the left weapon twice after deselecting the crossed wielded weapons.
- Fixed a bug where you can fire the left weapon after the reload animation for left/right weapon finishes in dual wield mode.
- New decal and visual puff effects for LKW and Lasergewehr.
- New reload animation for Plasma Rifle.
- Kampfpistole impact slugs don't bounce on decorative objects anymore.
- Slightly lowered some of the weapon sounds.
- Sizzle sound effect for drop fires of NKW.
- Revamped NKW's flamethrower sound.
- Pressing dual wield button now swaps weapons in crossed wield.
- Fixed a bug where right smoke comes out of left weapon in SMG and AR when they're fired in dual/crossed wield.
- Better symmetry for the status bar HUD.
- Brightmaps for SMG.
- Revamped recoil system which can be disabled.
- Weapon firemode switch messages have better explanations.
- Reduced Handgun's magazine capacity to 15-24.
- Reduced Inferno Shotgun's magazine capacity to 9.
- Upgrading Inferno Shotgun's magazine increases its magazine capacity to 12.
- Better muzzle flash for silenced Handgun and SMG.
- Plasma bolts leave a trail of sparkles when Plasma Rifle's ammunition is upgraded.
- Instead of smoke, sparkles come out of Lasergewehr's laser beam when its ammunition is upgraded.

Edit: Huh, I tried to update the first page but it says I can't use bbcode for some reason, and imgur tag doesn't work.

Edit 2: Lol, at the gameplay mods page, Icarus' review thumbnail shows instead of the mod's logo...
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

D3athStalker wrote:Edit: Huh, I tried to update the first page but it says I can't use bbcode for some reason, and imgur tag doesn't work.
You have to join a group on the forums to post images. There has been some issues with people uploading big images, which is a problem for people with limited bandwidth. Check this post. :)
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Cyanide wrote:
D3athStalker wrote:Edit: Huh, I tried to update the first page but it says I can't use bbcode for some reason, and imgur tag doesn't work.
You have to join a group on the forums to post images. There has been some issues with people uploading big images, which is a problem for people with limited bandwidth. Check this post. :)
That did the trick, thanks :)
mutator

Post by mutator »

once you reach 200 health upgraded, are you planning to make health upgrades be able to convert to normal upgrade kits for guns? because they become useless after you reach 200
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

mutator wrote:once you reach 200 health upgraded, are you planning to make health upgrades be able to convert to normal upgrade kits for guns? because they become useless after you reach 200
They give you 10 health points which count as health bonus (you can overcharge your health with it without pressing the use button when near them). Same for armor upgrade kits, they give you 10 armor points.

Three contraptions also give you 50 armor points if you already have them.
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Bug Report: When dual-wielding Submachine Guns, the left-hand weapon's ammunition count incorrectly points to the Left Handgun's munitions, rather than that of the Left Submachine Gun.

i.e. The left hand ammo shows "15", rather than the SMG's "45".
mutator

Post by mutator »

D3athStalker wrote:
mutator wrote:once you reach 200 health upgraded, are you planning to make health upgrades be able to convert to normal upgrade kits for guns? because they become useless after you reach 200
They give you 10 health points which count as health bonus (you can overcharge your health with it without pressing the use button when near them). Same for armor upgrade kits, they give you 10 armor points.

Three contraptions also give you 50 armor points if you already have them.
So if I am correct they will always stay like that right? they became useless once I reached to 200 health standard, but it's okay I still liked it :)
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

bit of a dumb question but why's wolfenstein 2 worse? the quit message was different in comparison to all the other quit messages
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

chronoteeth wrote:bit of a dumb question but why's wolfenstein 2 worse? the quit message was different in comparison to all the other quit messages
Lol, I edited the "DOS is much worse" to "Wolfenstein 2 is much worse", refering to that game. I never played TNC, but overall it's poor compared to TNO. It had lots of bugs, unbalanced difficulty, bullshit moments in cutscenes etc.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

D3athStalker wrote:
chronoteeth wrote:bit of a dumb question but why's wolfenstein 2 worse? the quit message was different in comparison to all the other quit messages
Lol, I edited the "DOS is much worse" to "Wolfenstein 2 is much worse", refering to that game. I never played TNC, but overall it's poor compared to TNO. It had lots of bugs, unbalanced difficulty, bullshit moments in cutscenes etc.
honestly going never played but its poor by comparison is defeatist. the bugs have been ironed out, the unbalanced difficulty is from the super hard one life mods and the one before that, and the bs moments? its wolfenstein this wacky asinine bs is par for the course for the series when theres brain robots and magicians summoning nazi skeletons. plus its weird to be disliking of somethign you havnt played with a lot of references to the game even with the shirt designs, the start up area, ect. it just seems silly to say that without playing the game when the mod is so enamored by said game in the grand scheme of things

i know it sounds silly but you have to understand that with the new colossus a lot of the reason why people ended up hating it or saying things (ignoring reviewers, which seemed to like it a lot more) about the game was, to be honest, alt right scumfucks

Return to “Gameplay Mods”