[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Re: [v1.3] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by TheLightBad96 »

Hello D3athStalker, I've just come by to first of wish you a happy new year and thank you for releasing V1.3 of Doom Incarnate but also to tell you what I think of the update so far.

Pros
- The new additions are nice "the 9mm Pistol and the FG-61 Marksman Rifle" and are fun to use.
- The new sprite edits for existing weapons look nice and do fit with the setting of the mod " Keltec KSG -> Inferno Shotgun, the Not A MP5 -> W2TNC SMG, China Lake -> Kampfpistol"
- The increase of 357 ammo from 70/140 to 100/200 was unneeded at first but by adding the FG61 Marksman Rifle it helped balance things. "More time for me to go dual wield the NOT DESERT EAGLES and rip apart enemies with explosive bullets"
- The ability to overcharge your health is a nice touch as well.
- The new BJ skin that is based upon the W2TNC version is pretty cool looking as well. It matches the hand sprites

Cons
- Regeneration health is a bit of a buzz kill for me, but not a huge problem.
- I miss the HUD, at first I thought it was my GZDoom needing an update but after going through all that it would seem that It's not the case since it was removed "yeah I know i forgot to check the update log when I first downloaded the new version".
Will there be something to replace it in the future or is this how things are going to be?

Overall it's still great, there is just some things that I kinda need to get use to.
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

Minor visual bug: double barrel shotgun shells are ejected a few frames before the gun is opened. I think the napalm cannon firing sound could use a little more oomph just so that it's more audible as it gets lost in the mix. Perhaps overlaying it with the napalm cannon launcher from blood or the autocannon sound from project MSX? Also the new paratrooper rifle fire sound is just a tiiiiiiiny bit quieter than other guns too. Otherwise, nice improvements to the mod.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I am also very satisfied with the new update!

Everything feels more balanced as of now. But that's just me.

The only bug i can relate is that if you die while dual wielding, your left hand vanishes and your right hand seems to stay put on screen.

Other than that, excellent job.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Neccronixis wrote:Minor visual bug: double barrel shotgun shells are ejected a few frames before the gun is opened. I think the napalm cannon firing sound could use a little more oomph just so that it's more audible as it gets lost in the mix. Perhaps overlaying it with the napalm cannon launcher from blood or the autocannon sound from project MSX? Also the new paratrooper rifle fire sound is just a tiiiiiiiny bit quieter than other guns too. Otherwise, nice improvements to the mod.
Thank you, I'll look for a new sound for NKW.
TheLightBad96 wrote:Hello D3athStalker, I've just come by to first of wish you a happy new year and thank you for releasing V1.3 of Doom Incarnate but also to tell you what I think of the update so far.

Pros
- The new additions are nice "the 9mm Pistol and the FG-61 Marksman Rifle" and are fun to use.
- The new sprite edits for existing weapons look nice and do fit with the setting of the mod " Keltec KSG -> Inferno Shotgun, the Not A MP5 -> W2TNC SMG, China Lake -> Kampfpistol"
- The increase of 357 ammo from 70/140 to 100/200 was unneeded at first but by adding the FG61 Marksman Rifle it helped balance things. "More time for me to go dual wield the NOT DESERT EAGLES and rip apart enemies with explosive bullets"
- The ability to overcharge your health is a nice touch as well.
- The new BJ skin that is based upon the W2TNC version is pretty cool looking as well. It matches the hand sprites

Cons
- Regeneration health is a bit of a buzz kill for me, but not a huge problem.
- I miss the HUD, at first I thought it was my GZDoom needing an update but after going through all that it would seem that It's not the case since it was removed "yeah I know i forgot to check the update log when I first downloaded the new version".
Will there be something to replace it in the future or is this how things are going to be?

Overall it's still great, there is just some things that I kinda need to get use to.
Thank you for your comment. I have plans for the removed HUD, that one was too similar to the regular one.
GAA1992 wrote:I am also very satisfied with the new update!

Everything feels more balanced as of now. But that's just me.

The only bug i can relate is that if you die while dual wielding, your left hand vanishes and your right hand seems to stay put on screen.

Other than that, excellent job.
Thanks. When the player dies, they receive a token which indicates that the player is dead, to cease the player from shooting their right gun. That token gets lost when you resurrect the player. I might check that out again.
floatingfinger

Post by floatingfinger »

Balance is much sharper, nice weapon models, I'm digging it...I really appreciate that most weapons need reloading, it makes the dual wielding feel much more balanced, but I still find myself wishing I was less flush with ammo. The hatchet is a really fun melee option but it gets buried by all the dakka. Would be awesome to have that as a standalone chainsaw replacement.

My only suggestion would be to make health regen an option, I get that it fits with the modern wolfenstein aesthetic but it makes many wads a complete pushover.
IronPumper

Post by IronPumper »

I have been playing this with a couple of mega wads and is AMAZING,its fun,its unique,and is very polished and shows how much effort you had put on it,my only complain would be that my (unfortunately)potato laptop lags a lot with kampfpistole and overall explosions(from the explosive weapons mainly),idk maybe my pc is too crappy :( but maybe you could optimize the mod a bit,that would be really appreciated
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

floatingfinger wrote:Balance is much sharper, nice weapon models, I'm digging it...I really appreciate that most weapons need reloading, it makes the dual wielding feel much more balanced, but I still find myself wishing I was less flush with ammo. The hatchet is a really fun melee option but it gets buried by all the dakka. Would be awesome to have that as a standalone chainsaw replacement.

My only suggestion would be to make health regen an option, I get that it fits with the modern wolfenstein aesthetic but it makes many wads a complete pushover.
Thank you. Just added a cvar which makes partial regen/overcharge optional.
IronPumper wrote:I have been playing this with a couple of mega wads and is AMAZING,its fun,its unique,and is very polished and shows how much effort you had put on it,my only complain would be that my (unfortunately)potato laptop lags a lot with kampfpistole and overall explosions(from the explosive weapons mainly),idk maybe my pc is too crappy :( but maybe you could optimize the mod a bit,that would be really appreciated
It might be because of the smoke and light effects. I can add a performance cvar which disables those effects and other weapon effects.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Here are 2 new TNC weapons to replace BFG and DMG:

Übergewehr - The ancestor of BFG, it fires an orange plasma ball that creates a shock field around itself upon impact, then it collapses on itself and explodes violently. This version is compact, which makes it lighter, and easier to dual wield as a result.
Credits: Captain J

Lasergewehr - Big-ass laser cannon that shoots a constant laser beam that vaporizes pretty much anything it touches. Its turbine spins for about 1-2 seconds before it fires, or you spin it manually (similar to Gatling).
Credits: chronoteeth (base), Captain J (barrel)
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

These coming in v1.4?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh yesh!! Good to see those weapons! It's been too long and i'm sure they're going to be an excellent use of big nazi gun.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

D3athStalker wrote:Here are 2 new TNC weapons to replace BFG and DMG:

Übergewehr - The ancestor of BFG, it fires an orange plasma ball that creates a shock field around itself upon impact, then it collapses on itself and explodes violently. This version is compact, which makes it lighter, and easier to dual wield as a result.

Lasergewehr - Big-ass laser cannon that shoots a constant laser beam that vaporizes pretty much anything it touches. Its turbine spins for about 1-2 seconds before it fires, or you spin it manually (similar to Gatling).

Great weapons, do you plan to add crossed dual-wielding weapons to your plan? :)
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

D3athStalker wrote:Here are 2 new TNC weapons to replace BFG and DMG:

Those look pretty nice, It's a shame that the old BFG had to go but at least I will be able to dual wield what is seen to be the prototype of the BFG. I have only one question, will the UberGewehr have the same attack types as the BFG " Primary = Unleash an energy ball of FU at your foes, Secondary = fires significantly weaker balls of energy "
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Gideon020 wrote:These coming in v1.4?
Yup!
Captain J wrote:Oh yesh!! Good to see those weapons! It's been too long and i'm sure they're going to be an excellent use of big nazi gun.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
erni945 wrote:Great weapons, do you plan to add crossed dual-wielding weapons to your plan? :)
I'm thinking to add a new "weapon" for slot 9, where you can crossed dual-wield the weapons of your choice.
TheLightBad96 wrote:Those look pretty nice, It's a shame that the old BFG had to go but at least I will be able to dual wield what is seen to be the prototype of the BFG. I have only one question, will the UberGewehr have the same attack types as the BFG " Primary = Unleash an energy ball of FU at your foes, Secondary = fires significantly weaker balls of energy "
No worries, I'm planning to make Übergewehr very similar to BFG (which is inevitable). And yes, I'm thinking to give it same attack types the BFG has.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Extremely fun :wub:

I missed some options, for example:

option to turn on/off smoke to increase the performance and etc ....

Otherwise this sensational. :thumb:
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Doctrine Gamer wrote:Extremely fun :wub:

I missed some options, for example:

option to turn on/off smoke to increase the performance and etc ....

Otherwise this sensational. :thumb:
Expect to see "performance mode" in the next update which removes smoke and particle effects for weapons :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”