[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

D3athStalker

Re: [v1.5] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

Bigger C wrote:I can't seem to make cross-wielding work. Should I be using a stable or dev GZDoom build? Or am I just buttoning wrong? I hold down the firemode button for a given hand and it doesn't indicate whether or not I successfully assigned a weapon to crosswielding.
No, there is a bug with the new binding system. Holding down buttons only works on level 1, stupid me.

I'll release a bug fix soon.

EDIT: Just updated the mod (it's still titled as v1.5, too lazy to write all the shit I've fixed to the changelog), check the first page :mrgreen:
Last edited by D3athStalker on Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigger C

Post by Bigger C »

Oh. :U

Okay then!

<waits patiently>

(P.S. This mod is great. I loved Russian Overkill but it was maybe TOO chaotic for my tastes, and this feels juuuuuust right in terms of the power level I want.)
KAPPE

Post by KAPPE »

Hello,
I have tried to use this mod alongside Brutal Doom Monsters only version 20b to increase a bit the difficulty
however when I try to use the super shotgun against the mancubus it doesnt damage it
it knocks the mancubus back but doesnt seem to damage it in any way
I could continue shooting it forever with the super shotgun and I only manage to knock it back a little
is this a bug or is it intended?
I have tried loading this mod before or after BD Monsters Only v20b and it makes no difference
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

KAPPE wrote:Hello,
I have tried to use this mod alongside Brutal Doom Monsters only version 20b to increase a bit the difficulty
however when I try to use the super shotgun against the mancubus it doesnt damage it
it knocks the mancubus back but doesnt seem to damage it in any way
I could continue shooting it forever with the super shotgun and I only manage to knock it back a little
is this a bug or is it intended?
I have tried loading this mod before or after BD Monsters Only v20b and it makes no difference
I've checked BD Monsters addon's coding, and for some reason, Mancubi and Barons have ridiculously high resistance against SSG damagetype, which SSG's primary and Grimm's secondary firemode has.

I actually set their damagetype like that to give the weapons more oomph when the players load it with BD Monsters addon, but this makes some monsters almost immune against them :?
KAPPE

Post by KAPPE »

D3athStalker wrote: Mancubi and Barons have ridiculously high resistance against SSG damage type
I didnt know monsters in Doom had resistances to particular damage types..
Is this something the mods and the source ports have added or was it like this even in vanilla Doom?
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

KAPPE wrote:I didnt know monsters in Doom had resistances to particular damage types..
Is this something the mods and the source ports have added or was it like this even in vanilla Doom?
I just took a look at ZDoom Wiki, and Centaurs from Hexen suffer triple the damage from Electric damage type.

Damage types were certainly a thing in Doom, but the resistance against damage types might have been added in Hexen. I might be wrong about the latter one.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

apologies for the silly bump, but this has been buggin me for awhole

the smg sprite, the idle frame, by the back of the stock has a floating pixel near it
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

chronoteeth wrote:apologies for the silly bump, but this has been buggin me for awhole

the smg sprite, the idle frame, by the back of the stock has a floating pixel near it
No problem, thank you for the feedback :thumb:

I think someone mentioned such a visual bug in previous comments, and I probably forgot to fix the damn thing...
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

I encountered a bug, regarding the Slot 9 Cross-Wield mode:

While attacking, you can still fire your weapons after you die, until their mags run dry. At that point, they just float in view...

The only other thing loaded is the NC HUD and the appropriate plugin for this mod.
A screencap of the problem in question.
A screencap of the problem in question.
m8f

Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Hi!
I have a nitpick: when you are in dual wielding mode (any weapon), switching to any other weapon just selects single mode of the current weapon. Then you can select other weapon. I looked into Decorate code, and this seems to be a deliberate choice of behavior (Deselect state), so it's not a bug. Personally, I find this very inconvenient. Example: shooting with dual SMGs, you run out ammo. You want to quickly select Grimmhammer, but at first you select single SMG, only then Grimmhammer, losing time and health.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

ShockwaveS08 wrote:I encountered a bug, regarding the Slot 9 Cross-Wield mode:

While attacking, you can still fire your weapons after you die, until their mags run dry. At that point, they just float in view...

The only other thing loaded is the NC HUD and the appropriate plugin for this mod.
Screenshot_2018-04-14-09-43-40.jpg
I've added an ACS that gets triggered when the player dies, where you lose all your dual-wielded weapons and crossed-wield (They regain them after you resurrect yourself, so no worries). The only problem is that you'll see a few frames of handgun deselect, but that's far better than the bug you've mentioned, I guess.
m8f wrote:Hi!
I have a nitpick: when you are in dual wielding mode (any weapon), switching to any other weapon just selects single mode of the current weapon. Then you can select other weapon. I looked into Decorate code, and this seems to be a deliberate choice of behavior (Deselect state), so it's not a bug. Personally, I find this very inconvenient. Example: shooting with dual SMGs, you run out ammo. You want to quickly select Grimmhammer, but at first you select single SMG, only then Grimmhammer, losing time and health.
Thank you for the feedback, I'm working on it. I recently added the weapon deselect style to Handgun, the results are pretty good. Expect that feature in all of the weapons in the next update :)

Also, I've updated the Magnum with a new high-tech style and a new secondary fire. Secondary fire is pretty much works like the blaster from Doom 2016; it deals low damage, but it has unlimited ammo.

The new looks of Magnum:
ShockwaveS08
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Another thing I'd like to see is a message that pops up whe you change firemodes in either hand, with any weapon, single, dual, cross-wield, or otherwise. With something like the NC HUD, there's really no visual feedback as to which firemode is enabled. If not a message, alter the weapon's looks a little, like panels folding out, additional barrels coming into view, or physically-flicking a fire-select switch.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

ShockwaveS08 wrote:Another thing I'd like to see is a message that pops up when you change firemodes in either hand, with any weapon, single, dual, cross-wield, or otherwise. With something like the NC HUD, there's really no visual feedback as to which firemode is enabled. If not a message, alter the weapon's looks a little, like panels folding out, additional barrels coming into view, or physically-flicking a fire-select switch.
Altering new looks for their secondary mode for each weapon would mean doubling the overall weapon sprite count, which would be a pain in the ass. I'm not even considering the change of coding for them. But I can do the message popping up upon changing the weapon's mode.
D3athStalker

Re: [v1.6] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

Yay, finally updated this asshole to 1.6. No new weapons, but it's a pretty big update nevertheless.

Download link: https://mega.nz/#!RhZBQD7R!C-8CV621YUdP ... 4n2Y8FjwY4
Alternative link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/eql3v46lq ... e_v1.6.pk3

Changelog:

- SMG's ammunition can now be upgraded.
- Inferno Shotgun's internals now can be upgraded.
- Super Shotgun's internals now can be upgraded.
- Grimmhammer's ammunition now can be upgraded.
- Gatling Gun's ammunition and internals now can be upgraded.
- Plasma Rifle's internals now can be upgraded.
- Kampfpistole's ammunition upgrade is changed to internal upgrade, and it got a new ammunition upgrade.
- All the weapons with magazine now have ADS.
- Changed Plasma Rifle's secondary firemode.
- ADS/Zoomed mode now greatly increases weapon's accuracy while slowing the player down.
- Dual/Crossed wield mode decreases weapons' accuracies and increases recoil, also slightly decreasing the player's walking speed.
- Assault Rifle's AP Tracers now accelerate, making them extremely quicker.
- Bullet impacts now have spark effects (Can be disabled from performance options).
- Fixed SMG's sprite, removed a rambling pixel.
- Revamped magazine sprites.
- Better smoke effects for weapons.
- Gatling Gun's accuracy is fairly decreased.
- Revamped Magnum, gave it a new skin and a new secondary firemode.
- Fixed a bug where the player can fire dual/crossed-wield weapons when they are dead.
- Selecting another weapon in dual-wield mode actually selects the desired weapon instead of switching to single-wield mode of the current weapon.
- Removed the sound spike in Lasergewehr fire sound.
- Crossed wield can not be selected without equipping left and right weapons for it.
- Health decays faster when it is over 250 and even faster when over 500.
- Smaller and better aligned smoke effect for weapons.
- Fixed the electric arc alignment for the left LKW for its charge fire.
- Crosshair disappears in ADS/Zoomed Mode.
- Casings now have adjustable smoke effects.
- Fixed the actor conflict between mod's shotgun casings and BD monster addon's shotgun casings.
- Dragon's Breath fire attacks are now projectile-based with fiery trails.
- Smoke effects for energy weapons.
- Titlemap added with TNO's soundtrack***.
- Fixed the hand grenade conflict in PB Monsters addon.
- Fixed a bug where SSG in crossed wielding will eject both of its shells while only one shell was fired in the reload animation.
- Performance mode is replaced by multiple performance options which disable many visual effects respectively.
- Kampfpistole's primary/secondary firemode icons change when its internals are upgraded.
- Weapon spawns now can be toggled.
- Hand grenade's sprites are changed.
- The writing on the hand grenade box is changed to German.
- Changed some of the weapons' sounds with their sounds from TNC.
- Reload sounds won't be interrupted by weapon drawing sounds in dual/crossed wielding anymore.
- Added switchable messages for weapon mode switching.
- Revamped LKW's secondary firemode.

***: Most of the textures in the titlemap won't load when the mod is loaded with Ultimate Doom.
Apaul27
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Fighting some cats in the planet "Wool Ball", with Scott & Rebecca

Re: [v1.6] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by Apaul27 »

This does had skill faces, because i'm not a fan of it...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”