[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

MaxRideWizardLord

Re: [v2.0.2] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

D3athStalker wrote:
GoldenGuard95 wrote:Hallo, its me again. I need to ask you, can you remake the LaserGewehr a little? It seems to be kinda dissapointing when it comes to Disassembly upgrade and the second firemode. If i may, im going to throw a suggestion here. The Disassembly upgrade should remake the first firemode of LaserKraftwerk into something like a Particle Cannon in Wolfenstein 2009. And the second firemode of LaserGewehr could be a Charged shot like LaserKraftwerk, which will leave a pile of flame and deal incredible damage.
Hmm, sounds really nice.

Tbh I didn't really play Wolf 2009 but I looked at the wiki, the laser shots of LKW's primary firemode would basically bounce from enemy to enemy, right? If so, that sounds neat, I'll try to implement that (I tried with Teslakanone but failed miserably lmao). And should the secondary firemode be amplified as well or is it broken enough?

And cool Lasergewehr idea, I'll definitely consider something like that. Maybe a longer spinup and an overheat mechanic but the laser is basically 5 times stronger and leaves a pile of flame like you've said.

Btw I'm thinking of changing the nailgun firemode of SMG with something else. If y'all have any suggestions, feel free to share with me.
The Wolfenstein (2009) is probably one of the most underrated gems that been made in video game history, it got unfair flack for reasons nobody even ever distinctly explained, but it IS the most true Sequel to the Return To Castle Wolfenstein that there ever been released. It's a healthy mix of science fiction and fantasy, playing with trully awesome weaponry (the best of the series actually) while at the same time capable to transcend between spiritual and physical world like in Prey game, using ancient sacred arcane Nordic knowledge of magic; having even more brutal and advanced Nazi Super-Soldiers, some weird overpowered occultists and monsters from the otherworld dimension as foes. IMHO it's even more fun game than RTCW, at least it's much better than modern garbage that has been releasing with rather lame similar weapons that all function like generic boring modern-age rifles and pretty much all alike. I absolutely recommend you to try it.

The Particle Cannon there behave a bit weird, though. Not upgraded at all, it feels like Gluon gun from Half-Life 1, with continous beam that just doing stream damage to the target you're aiming at, doing small AoE radius damage around where you hit as well, having infinite range as well. Upgraded however, it changes it's beam color to blue and shooting a continous beam of sustained energy that automatically aims to the nearby target not so far away from general direction where you shooting at and CONNECTS to the NPC, doing continous damage to it while beam automatically attached to the enemy just like Medigun from TF2 (although it still miss it's target if you deviate your aim a bit too far away from target). Yes, I believe it also chains the "energy" to the next target from the one you're hitting at, although the Particle Cannon automaticaly changes it's target the first one disintegrate anyway.

Speaking about Wolfenstein 2009 and RTCW. Any chance you would add The Tesla Cannon that is true to the Wolfenstein series, pretty please? The Tesla in both games felt super awesome, the best chaotic lightning interpretation in video game history I've ever seen, and I'm being entirely honest here. I've never seen anyone ever done anything like that in any other video game, let alone doom mods. I've even made a post about it on Zdoom forum that nobody ever respond to, unfortunatelly where I precisely describe it's combat mechanics, so if you don't mind, there is it viewtopic.php?f=4&t=65477
TL:DR: The gun emits instantenous (hitscan-like) 7 arcs of lightning in different directions at the same time, randomly hiting everything around you in chaotic manner and having really beautiful lightning arch following it which makes the gun look so vivid, realistic and living; while at the same time automatically magnets to ALL of NPC and physical objects in the vision to the player, one arc of lightning per target, even far-far away; in addition to that it also paralysis the enemies with electric stun. In Wolf 2009 it's basically the same but even bigger, even better and even more realistic (especially if you upgrade the weapon). The lightning start to behave even more smooth, vivid and flowing fluent lightning curves. The upgraded version gets ability to chain-lightning each other and even chain-lightning the foes behind them that the lightning from the gun couldn't reach. The lightning can even hit foes behind corner, so it's not even necessary for them to be in vision for you to hit them. Each foe has unique zap-dance animation when you paralysis their muscles so they are unable to fight back, and in addition to lightning stun, it also does small Damage-Over-Time to enemies that are in "zap-effect" once you stop hitting them. And on top of all this, it seem to even capable to "charge up the floor", causing it to do small "lightning sparkles" effect which seem to do small AoE damages to nearby enemies walking past them.

That's the weapon I would only beg on knees for you to implement. Even if you ignore most of it's complicated parts like "charging up floor", stun/zap-animation, chain-lightning between targets and just create a weapon that emits 7 hitscan-like arcs of lightnings at the same time that just chaoticaly decide what to hit in the vision of the player in constantly-changing random direction, while at the same time automatically aiming and hiting ALL of the targets in the vision with continous stream of never-ending pure energy, I would be soooooooo uncontrollably thankful to you. :wub:

I don't think the current one should go away, or even be changed, although it could be renamed in to "Elektrokraftwerk" just like the shock rifle in the new Wolfenstein: Youngblood (which isn't even tried to stay loyal to the canon of the Tesla from previous games of the same series, neither it behaves\functions like Tesla). The Teslakanone just feels like a short ranged laser rifle, pretty much. It just doesn't have the zzzzzap to it to feel like true electric weapon. :P But in all honesty, I absolutely love the alt-fire of it, and it's bouncing sphere of lightning. My only complaint would be is that it's lifetime span is a bit too short imho, would love if the sphere would live untill it hits solid object, and the "life span of the sphere" change to "life span of the time when sphere can bounce of walls" instead.

Oh and the other weapons I really want to return from the original Wolfenstein series - is the flamethrower. That thing was best in original RTCW, and so it was in Wolf 2009. The flamethrower had long range (relatively to most other video games, in real life some flamethrowers of WWII epoch are capable of reaching of 45+ meters in range), could bounce off walls and floors, had nice AoE-splash like "explosion" effect when you hit the flames flat against wall, and In RTCW the flamethrower animation was WAY ahead of it's time, probably the most realistically visually looking flamethrower after the Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm. Although it did behave a bit weird, though. Basically instead of doing direct hit damage, it just sets enemies on fire. You were capable to kill Loper from a single puff of flame, and it just sets him on fire. You just had to wait like 10-15 seconds and eventually the dude just burns to death, so you save a lot of ammo by not wasting all on him. Even final boss, if you remove armor from Heinrich I you can set him on fire and he eventually die from afterburn damage. In The Wolfenstein (2009) it's a bit same thing, except flamethrower actually does direct hit damage and leave the burning floor\walls for some time, so the enemies that walk past it get AoE damage and ignites too.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:look above
The NapalmKraftWerk has the flamethrower as its alt-fire, the Lasergewehr pretty much does what the Particle Cannon can do and the Teslakanone is the Tesla Gun anyway.
Mackery

Post by Mackery »

I hope this isn't too much to ask, but I first noticed that the "Green Armor" replacement provides +50 to your armor. And the "Blue Armor" equivalent gives 100% armor... I would like it if there were more varieties of Armor Pickups, just like how have medkits that come in 4 different sizes at least (Bonuses, Stimpacks, Medkits, Medpacks, etc). Maybe if we get an armor pickup that provides +150 and/or +200 to be a proper "Mega Armor" equivalent in-game?
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

D3athStalker wrote:Btw I'm thinking of changing the nailgun firemode of SMG with something else. If y'all have any suggestions, feel free to share with me.
I would suggest keeping the nail firemode, but make the nails more visually/audibly distinctive, maybe chunkier with a loud metal CLANG for an impact noise. At the moment they just look like run-of-the-mill tracers.
WallyTheBoogieBug wrote:I think the recoil values for the plasma rifle in the left hand with the super shotgun in the right hand are bugged, it kicks up an enormous amount, but swapping em around it isn't the case.
This also happens with the SMG in your right hand, and the inferno shotgun - it seems some weapons are using the recoil value of the gun in your other hand, instead of their own.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Jeimuzu73 wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:look above
The NapalmKraftWerk has the flamethrower as its alt-fire, the Lasergewehr pretty much does what the Particle Cannon can do and the Teslakanone is the Tesla Gun anyway.
NapalmKraftWerk is more like napalm launcher from Blood, the alt-fire acts more like short ranged plasma that pierce through enemies than ignite them though, neither bounce off walls.

I've never seen a gun in neither doom mods or other games that behave anywhere like Particle Cannon, since it's the only weapon that have unique beam which automatically connects to single nearest enemy untill it dies like medigun from TF2 then chains it's beam to the other foe through the first one until it chains toward the last of them. I'd say TF2 medigun is the closest thing to it, but it doesn't chain and neither do damage. :P

The current Teslakanone just shoots in straight line like laser and is more close to original Lasergewehr in all honesty, since like I've elaborated, the original Tesla from RTCW\The Wolfenstein have such unique and amazing pattern of attack that no other gun has ever get even close to, not even Elektrokraftwerk from Youngblood. Although I still like this gun the most in this mod, mostly because of it's awesome looking lightning sphere.
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alptraum »

It'd be nice to play it with Wolfenstein or WWII themed maps.
Ts879

Post by Ts879 »

Ayy you should update the weapon descriptions, especially the old ones since they don't have the changes in the latest update.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Ts879 wrote:Ayy you should update the weapon descriptions, especially the old ones since they don't have the changes in the latest update.
Yeah ik, I forgot those every damn time. Lmao

Today I noticed that I forgot to update the KP's ammunition upgrade description, for example. That's prob only one of the myriad out-of-date descriptions.
D3athStalker

Re: [v2.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

Finally updated this to 2.1. Doom Crusher's compression progress took more than I've anticipated and worst of all, I forgot the brightmaps folder (my dumbass put the wrong folder instead). It's 8 AM and I can finally sleep. Lmao

Link: https://mega.nz/#!9hYiHKJY!HlZdGP3yG2-l ... YmM8c9_tyk
Alternate Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/x04d610u ... 1.pk3/file
Spoiler: Changelog
I didn't forget some of the previous suggestions tho (like a better Lasergewehr alt fire or a better LKW heavy upgrade), those are gonna be in 2.2!
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

I just recorded a video and now you update >__< welp guess it'll be ready for the next video. :P
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Armorbonus doesn't do anything. If I have any armor at all I can't pick it up and if I have zero armor I pick it up and it gives me nothing.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

I was wondering if you could add these features

1. Add a cvar that allows you to use grenades and charge in dual wield mode.

2. Add a cvar that is balanced on one weapon and not duel wielding,
GoldenGuard95
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by GoldenGuard95 »

Rowsol is right... armor shards dont give you even a unit of armor.
D3athStalker

Re: [v2.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

Rowsol wrote:Armorbonus doesn't do anything. If I have any armor at all I can't pick it up and if I have zero armor I pick it up and it gives me nothing.
GoldenGuard95 wrote:Rowsol is right... armor shards dont give you even a unit of armor.
Here's a hotfix that removes that issue: https://mega.nz/#!IgR3SICZ!utSk1HNAEFI_ ... xrEuhBXB5c
Alt. link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/jtir6mhf ... 1.pk3/file

I don't normally release hotfixes this quickly but seems like this is a serious issue since one of the fundamental aspects of the mod is literally broken.

It also fixes an issue where one of the weapons in dual / crossed wield stay in the air after the player dies with some of the weapons.
GoldenGuard95
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [v2.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by GoldenGuard95 »

Oh my goodness... I just realized.. You actually added the laser shot for SMG from my suggestion... THANK YOU!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”