[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

D3athStalker

Re: [v1.2] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

GAA1992 wrote:The FG-61 will be somehow something that remembers me of Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Nice job bro.

Stop teasing us!!! hahahahaha
Heh, the weapon is already directly inspired by FG-42 Paratrooper from RtCW :D
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Lemme guess, Inferno is a dragonsbreath shottie. :D
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

From what I have seen so far I need to just say a few words.

The new shotgun looks amazing, sure the Kel-tec shotgun may be awesome and all but the Rage shotgun looks better IMO, also the name chosen for it is very fitting considering when upgraded it basically causes a firestorm barrage at the poor unfortunate bastard that had the misfortune of being the bad guy. I just hope it gets more upgrades than just the ammo upgrade.

Like for example.
Hit Fire = Dragon's Breath (Replaces The Lead Buckshot with a new kind of pellet that automatically ignites when it hits something " affects Primary Fire" )
Hit Alt-Fire = Magnetic Powered Slug ( Makes the slug hit harder, damage the enemy more and pushes him back further " affects Secondary Fire Mode" )
Hit Reload = Faster Reload Speed ( Nuff said )

The new FG-61 looks really nice as well, what is the purpose of that rifle. I hope it does not replace the Automatic rifle, sure the Automatic rifle looks a bit like a nerf gun but with the new edits you made to it I feel that it looks perfect. plus the whole idea of killing enemies with a nerf gun that shoots armor-piercing bullets is very funny.

This mod is shaping up to be one of the most enjoyable mod I have played, I liked it so much that I even decide to personalize my copy of the mod "leaving a back-up of the original" by using an image editing program and slade. I won't however be posting any links to my personalised version since all i really changed are the hands of each weapon use sprite and maybe the sounds.

Video Footage showing these minor edits in place is in the spoiler below :D
Spoiler:
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Gideon020 wrote:Lemme guess, Inferno is a dragonsbreath shottie. :D
Yep (at least when it's upgraded)
From what I have seen so far I need to just say a few words.

The new shotgun looks amazing, sure the Kel-tec shotgun may be awesome and all but the Rage shotgun looks better IMO, also the name chosen for it is very fitting considering when upgraded it basically causes a firestorm barrage at the poor unfortunate bastard that had the misfortune of being the bad guy. I just hope it gets more upgrades than just the ammo upgrade.

Like for example.
Hit Fire = Dragon's Breath (Replaces The Lead Buckshot with a new kind of pellet that automatically ignites when it hits something " affects Primary Fire" )
Hit Alt-Fire = Magnetic Powered Slug ( Makes the slug hit harder, damage the enemy more and pushes him back further " affects Secondary Fire Mode" )
Hit Reload = Faster Reload Speed ( Nuff said )

The new FG-61 looks really nice as well, what is the purpose of that rifle. I hope it does not replace the Automatic rifle, sure the Automatic rifle looks a bit like a nerf gun but with the new edits you made to it I feel that it looks perfect. plus the whole idea of killing enemies with a nerf gun that shoots armor-piercing bullets is very funny.

This mod is shaping up to be one of the most enjoyable mod I have played, I liked it so much that I even decide to personalize my copy of the mod "leaving a back-up of the original" by using an image editing program and slade. I won't however be posting any links to my personalised version since all i really changed are the hands of each weapon use sprite and maybe the sounds.

Video Footage showing these minor edits in place is in the spoiler below :D
Thanks for the suggestions for Inferno, I already made ammo and mag upgrades identical to those you suggest :D

FG-61 uses .357 rounds instead of NATO rounds, making it shoot much stronger rounds than the standard AR. I loled at your comment on AR sprite, it's actually inspired by the very early sprite of the rifle from Project Brutality.

Also, thank you for the playthrough, I'm gonna add it to the first post soon :)
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

That's great. so the FG-61 will be basically the sniper rifle of the game. sure the Railgun fills that role but using a railgun against anything below a pinkie feels like killing a sewer rat with a rocket launcher when a weapon that uses 22lr is called for. but yet again Doom has a way of making the cannon fodder the more annoying foes in the game.

Also I'm grateful that the shotgun suggestion was accepted. TBH i was not sure if it would be considered since I thought everything was fleshed out. any plans for expanding the upgrades to other weapons that have less than 3 acceptable upgrades, about the minigun upgrades if you are planning on upgrading that lovely thing mind if I think up some ideas

About my comment of the AR, the only reason why i said it looked like a nerf gun is because in earlier versions of your mod the gun heavily resembled this gun that my little cousin used to own. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/ner ... 0921140733
But as you demonstrated with your picture editing skills you made the gun look more like some futuristic automatic rifle by adding some minor touches and adding the Scope.

About the Video - I don't know what to say, I guess so. I only made the video to show off the little edits I made to the sprites "IE the hand sprites to resemble my little character", I would recommend putting a disclaimer like (THIS IS A FAN EDIT) or something under the video link. you know just so people don't confuse my little personal edits with the actual mod but you do you.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

TheLightBad96 wrote: About my comment of the AR, the only reason why i said it looked like a nerf gun is because in earlier versions of your mod the gun heavily resembled this gun that my little cousin used to own. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/ner ... 0921140733
But as you demonstrated with your picture editing skills you made the gun look more like some futuristic automatic rifle by adding some minor touches and adding the Scope.
well, that was from Notch's Shambles iirc.
thatmofo

Post by thatmofo »

Hi, there's this bug that I'm not entirely whether it belongs to this mod or not.

I tried to use this mod with the Brutal Doom 64 monsters-only mod because, well, I like how it looks a lot. But even though i load DoomIncarnate-v1.2.pk3 after bd64gamev2only.pk3, when I start the game, I still spawn with the vanilla pistol?

Any chance you could take a look at this? Thanks.
Last edited by thatmofo on Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

D3athStalker wrote:
Baratus wrote:This mod is fantastic! The weapons definitely have the weight and punch from TNO and the upgrade system is really neat too, meaning I can customise my weapons according to my playstyle! The difficulty settings are a great addition to, balancing out all the carnage that the mod's arsenal can unleash and still provide a challenge while still making me grin with sick pleasure at the sheer destruction I can dish out.

I will definitely be playing this for a while longer with as many different levels sets as I can find. Great job!
Thank you for the positive feedback, I'm glad to please someone :)

By the way, I'm thinking to carry the new starter pistol and SMG to slot one while carrying Magnum and a new weapon I'm thinking to add to slot 2.

This is the new weapon, FG-61 Paratrooper:
Credits: Captain J (base), YukesVonFaust (scope), Doomguy5th (magazine)

Also, updated the sprite for Inferno Shotgun (yes, that's the name I gave to it, and Inferno is written same in both German and English):

Interesting weapons, I am waiting impatiently for the next update :)
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

thatmofo wrote:Hi, there's this bug that I'm not entirely whether it belongs to this mod or not.

I tried to use this mod with the Brutal Doom 64 monsters-only mod because, well, I like how it looks a lot. But even though i load DoomIncarnate-v1.2.pk3 after bd64gamev2only.pk3, when I start the game, I still spawn with the vanilla pistol?

Any chance you could take a look at this? Thanks.
I checked it out, the problem is not related to my mod. BD64 monsters addon still replaces Blazkowicz (or any other character of the mod you're loading with the addon) with Brutal Doomguy. Deleting the KEYCONF file solves the problem.
thatmofo

Post by thatmofo »

Thanks a lot. That did the trick.
D3athStalker

Re: [v1.3] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

Happy New Year, everyone! I wanted to update this in December the 13th, hope it won't feel rushed :D

Download link: https://mega.nz/#!80x2DL6C!OaBX9StG4sOS ... km9Gu_DzfM
Alternative link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9x11a1dwv ... e_v1.3.pk3

Changelog:
- Added Wolfenstein style regeneration.
- You can overcharge your health with stimpacks and medikits by clicking use button near them.
- Added a new weapon: Paratrooper Rifle! A revamped version of the iconic RtCW weapon, it uses magnum rounds and it's fully automatic!
- Added a new weapon: Handgun, the new starter weapon which uses 9mm as ammo.
- Changed Blazkowicz's sprites with the one from TNC.
- China Lake is replaced by Kampfpistole, a grenade launching pistol which works almost like CL, but has a higher fire rate and it's magazine-fed.
- KelTec Shotgun is replaced by Inferno Shotgun, a cruel shotgun which also has a magazine upgrade.
- Regeneration powerup now regenerates 5 HPs per second up to 250 HPs.
- Changed SMG's sprite, animation and sounds.
- Moved SMG into slot 1.
- Increased .357 round capacity to 100/200.
- Keycard icons are now clearer.
- Changed SMG's nail mode again, make it shoot at the same fire rate of standard mode, scaled down nails and lowered their damage.
- Changed SMG's internal upgrade, now it adds a silencer instead of increasing nail mode's rate of fire.
- Grimmhammer spawns rarer.
- Tweaked Assault Rifle's scope.
- Changed Shotgun's pumping sound.
- New model-based BFG lightning effect (Shooting arcs are still same).
- NKW now gives napalm instead of explosive slugs on pickup.
- Scythe is now dropped by Chaingunners.
- Removed the old outdated HUD.
- Added regeneration sound effect.
Last edited by D3athStalker on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lime

Post by Lime »

the links has a problem. mega has a decryption key required and mediafire says the file has been deleted or invalid.
also Happy New Year! :thumb:
Korell

Post by Korell »

Yep, I can confirm what Lime has said, the download links aren't working.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

wolfen machine 🅱roke
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

I apparently couldn't copy-paste the links :/

Look to the first page for properly working links.

Edit: Fixed the links.
Last edited by D3athStalker on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”