[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

GoldenGuard95
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [v2.1.2] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by GoldenGuard95 »

Since i hate slaughter maps, i would recommend something less crazy like Whispers of Satan on the second hardest difficulty, which gives incredible challenge. Trust me, im playing on that difficulty almost all the time when i have vanilla monsters only. :-)
Iniquitatis
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Iniquitatis »

Alptraum wrote:So, which maps would you recommend to play with Incarnate, D3athStalker?
Hellbound also works pretty well with this mod.
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Alptraum »

I have a silly problem. When I dual wield guns, it only fires with the left one. Right one doesn't shoot at all. How do I fix this? I couldn't figure it out.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Alptraum wrote:I have a silly problem. When I dual wield guns, it only fires with the left one. Right one doesn't shoot at all. How do I fix this? I couldn't figure it out.
Does it happen with specific weapons, and/or did it occur after a specific action?
Alptraum

Post by Alptraum »

When I grabbed the second automatic rifle i realized that I cannot shot them both at the same time. I might accidentaly did something in setting too but i don't know what it is.
GoldenGuard95
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by GoldenGuard95 »

To be honest... there is still missing some purely Cryo-based weapon. Could you add something like that among those heavies? Like CryoKraftWerk or something? First firemode would be simple Balls of ice which would do small AoE damage and would also slow enemies by 25%. Second Firemode would be Cryo Breath, would do insane damage + slowing down the enemies by 50% at the price of huge ammo consumption. Heavy upgrade would go for LeichenFaust, upgrading its ice capabilites somehow.
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

One thing I've been wanting to ask if there was going to be compatibility with heretic?
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

armymen12002003 wrote:One thing I've been wanting to ask if there was going to be compatibility with heretic?
I will try to give Thy Blood compatibility with Heretic first and if the process won't go as hard as I imagine, then I'll definitely consider giving Doom Incarnate Heretic support.
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

D3athStalker wrote:
armymen12002003 wrote:One thing I've been wanting to ask if there was going to be compatibility with heretic?
I will try to give Thy Blood compatibility with Heretic first and if the process won't go as hard as I imagine, then I'll definitely consider giving Doom Incarnate Heretic support.
Okay i'm definitely looking forward to seeing if it's compatible
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

A couple bugs I noticed:
  • The pistol keeps it's un-upgraded sound effect if ammo is upgraded, but gets the correct SFX when dual-wielded.
  • Dual-wielding an ammo-upgraded assault rifle results in the lefthand rifle not have the upgraded ammo sound.
  • Dual-wielding SMGs and reloading results in the right gun always doing the empty reload animation, even if it's partially full.
  • The reload for the Super Shotgun when reloading a single shell is bugged, but only for buckshot shells.
  • Medikits and other items which cannot always be picked up are being counted towards item completion (which should really only count 'big' powerups).
  • I don't really know how I did it, but I've occasionally napalm'd myself using the NKW's flamethrower mode just by running forward. I can't seem to reliably replicate this though.
Some suggestions:
  • Could you please do something to make the Teslakanone lag less in primary fire? I go from 60+ FPS to sub-10 when using it sometimes, it REALLY hits the framerate hard. The Lasergewehr and NKW don't seem to have the same effect (they do cause my laptop to lag, but it's nowhere near as bad); maybe an option to disable dynamic light effects on 'beam' weapons could help?
  • The LKW upgrade you get from the Lasergewehr is actually something I actively avoid getting because it gives the weapon self-damage when it previously had none; I'd suggest making this do something else, maybe set targets on fire instead of dropping flames?
  • I'm still not sure I like the 'internal suppressor' upgrades for the pistol/machinepistol, but if you do keep them I'd suggest giving them punchier sounds; right now they just sound super-muffled and weak. Something like the Final Doomer+ JCMP pistol, maybe?
  • The whole 'anthrax rounds' thing for the MG60 makes zero sense. Anthrax is a bacteria, and has been used as a biological weapon, but it takes way too long to operate to be effective in the immediate sense - and you can't have 'depleted anthrax' because it's not a radioactive element. If you meant Astatine then it makes more sense; Polonium would work as well, and if you want to go with a nerve agent there's always VX gas or similar.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Anthrax Stuff
What about Zyklon-B rounds then?
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

GAA1992 wrote:
Anthrax Stuff
What about Zyklon-B rounds then?
That could work. Granted, Zyklon-B requires decent concentration and duration of exposure to work, and I still have no idea how you'd make it work with an energy weapon, but Nazi Science sneers at minor trivialities so long as the basic idea is plausible enough.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

CanisLaticanis wrote:
  • Could you please do something to make the Teslakanone lag less in primary fire? I go from 60+ FPS to sub-10 when using it sometimes, it REALLY hits the framerate hard. The Lasergewehr and NKW don't seem to have the same effect (they do cause my laptop to lag, but it's nowhere near as bad); maybe an option to disable dynamic light effects on 'beam' weapons could help?
  • The LKW upgrade you get from the Lasergewehr is actually something I actively avoid getting because it gives the weapon self-damage when it previously had none; I'd suggest making this do something else, maybe set targets on fire instead of dropping flames?
  • I'm still not sure I like the 'internal suppressor' upgrades for the pistol/machinepistol, but if you do keep them I'd suggest giving them punchier sounds; right now they just sound super-muffled and weak. Something like the Final Doomer+ JCMP pistol, maybe?
  • The whole 'anthrax rounds' thing for the MG60 makes zero sense. Anthrax is a bacteria, and has been used as a biological weapon, but it takes way too long to operate to be effective in the immediate sense - and you can't have 'depleted anthrax' because it's not a radioactive element. If you meant Astatine then it makes more sense; Polonium would work as well, and if you want to go with a nerve agent there's always VX gas or similar.
- I can add a CVar that can disable the the model-based beams (or turn off/heavily reduce the dynamic lights for the gun if that's the main cause).
- I have plans for a different heavy upgrade for LKW, one that some of you won't avoid on purpose.
- Good point, I might use MW2's supressed weapon sounds for upgraded versions.
- This mod is not supposed to be realistic but in terms of practicality, you got a fair point. I'll prob go with GAA's suggestion and change Anthrax with Zyklon-B.

And I see a lot of complaints about the DoTs. For that, I'm thinking of copying and pasting the updated DoT system from Thy Blood to Doom Incarnate which deals far less damage to the user (and will update it further so that the player doesn't get set on fire again after they get resurrected).
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

The built in "Read This!" menu of the mod currently states "You can dual wield any weapon including ubergewehr and lasergewehr". This is no longer true due to them being superweapons, and superweapons themselves not allowing dual or cross wielding.
D3athStalker

Re: [v2.1.3] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

Le 2.1.3 has arrived

Link: https://mega.nz/#!8lBSgQjQ!yGBB7a1TmC0M ... 35_a9Qn9eg
For some reason, my college's internet refuses to open MediaFire so no alternate link at the moment. I'll prob put an alt link when I come home this Friday.
Spoiler: Changelog

Return to “Gameplay Mods”