[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

Apicfail1000

Re: [v2.0.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by Apicfail1000 »

can I get another discord link? all of them seem to be invalid.
D3athStalker

Re: [v2.0.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

That's weird, cuz that link is supposed to be permanent. But here you go, hopefully this'll work: https://discord.gg/djHmQA
D3athStalker

Re: [v2.0.2] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

Just a small update but can be vital for the ones with low performance. I completely removed the horizontal decals (which I thought I disabled them) which apparently caused massive lag after a while. And it had problems, like not working for certain weapons or when you shoot right at your feet.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!IsgyyK5J!7ZbdIVBIQ_n6 ... c2LIiX-U9o
Alternate Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/li0anv8a ... 2.pk3/file
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

An update for low-end PCs? Now you are talking my native language hahahaha

I gotta try this out!
Iniquitatis
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Iniquitatis »

@GAA1992, if you're having a low performance, pretty much every eye candy could be disabled in the options menu.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks Iniquitatis! Hope my old DV4 can take it =p
site
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by site »

This mod owns and I'm having a blast using this with kriegsland, but on the topic of low end performance stuff, I turned the tracers down to 0 to disable them but when using the two mods together all the guns are still firing tracers (this is on 2.0.2). There's a console error

Code: Select all

Script warning, "DoomIncarnate-v2.0.2.pk3@decorate/effects/tracers.txt" line 1: 
Tried to define class 'BulletTracer' more than once. Renaming class to 'BulletTracer@DoomIncarnate-v2.0.2.pk3@decorate/effects/tracers.txt'
so maybe, if it's possible, rename it so they dont conflict and the tracers can be properly disabled?

edit with more info
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

The reload on the left shotgun with bigger magazine is completely borked, it looks like I'm petting a dog:
GoldenGuard95
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by GoldenGuard95 »

Hallo, its me again. I need to ask you, can you remake the LaserGewehr a little? It seems to be kinda dissapointing when it comes to Disassembly upgrade and the second firemode. If i may, im going to throw a suggestion here. The Disassembly upgrade should remake the first firemode of LaserKraftwerk into something like a Particle Cannon in Wolfenstein 2009. And the second firemode of LaserGewehr could be a Charged shot like LaserKraftwerk, which will leave a pile of flame and deal incredible damage.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

site wrote:This mod owns and I'm having a blast using this with kriegsland, but on the topic of low end performance stuff, I turned the tracers down to 0 to disable them but when using the two mods together all the guns are still firing tracers (this is on 2.0.2). There's a console error
Thanks for notifying. I'll give the base actors more unique names.
QuakedoomDukem Cz wrote:The reload on the left shotgun with bigger magazine is completely borked, it looks like I'm petting a dog:
Fixed. It was due to my dumbass not updating that part of the coding for its magazine upgrade smh
GoldenGuard95 wrote:Hallo, its me again. I need to ask you, can you remake the LaserGewehr a little? It seems to be kinda dissapointing when it comes to Disassembly upgrade and the second firemode. If i may, im going to throw a suggestion here. The Disassembly upgrade should remake the first firemode of LaserKraftwerk into something like a Particle Cannon in Wolfenstein 2009. And the second firemode of LaserGewehr could be a Charged shot like LaserKraftwerk, which will leave a pile of flame and deal incredible damage.
Hmm, sounds really nice.

Tbh I didn't really play Wolf 2009 but I looked at the wiki, the laser shots of LKW's primary firemode would basically bounce from enemy to enemy, right? If so, that sounds neat, I'll try to implement that (I tried with Teslakanone but failed miserably lmao). And should the secondary firemode be amplified as well or is it broken enough?

And cool Lasergewehr idea, I'll definitely consider something like that. Maybe a longer spinup and an overheat mechanic but the laser is basically 5 times stronger and leaves a pile of flame like you've said.

Btw I'm thinking of changing the nailgun firemode of SMG with something else. If y'all have any suggestions, feel free to share with me.
GoldenGuard95
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by GoldenGuard95 »

Thanks for your time, i really appreciate that youre going to consider my ideas.

As for the second SMG firemode... The only thing that comes to my mind at the moment is Laser munition. The SMG would come with some sort of inside mechanism, which can be toggled off and on, and it would (somehow) transform 5-10 bullets into one powerful laser shot. The laser shot would have much greater damage than the normal bullets, but the amount of used bullets and the fact that it can overheat after 4 shots which would render the SMG useless for a while (5-8 secs) makes it a somewhat balanced thing. Barrel upgrade : Laser shot will now make small AoE damage. Internal upgrade : The SMG can now shoot 6 (or maybe more) shots instead of 4, and the overheating is now shorter by 2 seconds (5-6 secs) / 3 seconds (7-8).

PS : Ive made some weapon showcase videos about your mod, i hope youll like them. : )
Version 1.0 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_gefJJvUvg
Version 2.0 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lSZU-S6Ku8&t
acridAxid

Post by acridAxid »

I tried running this on some incredibly low-spec hardware ($75 Cherry Trail-era Atom without discrete graphics) and despite the resolution, this was incredibly playable and everything felt great!
WallyTheBoogieBug

Post by WallyTheBoogieBug »

I think the recoil values for the plasma rifle in the left hand with the super shotgun in the right hand are bugged, it kicks up an enormous amount, but swapping em around it isn't the case.

Also teleporting is causing throwing grenades with the text "you got a pickup" in the feed some of the time.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Wow, this mod is a gem! The weapons are satisfying to use, and the dual/cross wield system is brilliant - arguably better than the system I've seen in a lot of commercial games. *PTSD Borderlands 2 flashbacks intensify*

That said, I have found a couple of bugs.

With the Scythe Magnum; if you:
-Upgrade it with Autofire
-Dual/Cross wield it
-Take advantage of the Autofire by holding the fire button down

You lose the ability to reload it until you swap to a different weapon and back.

Secondly, when the SSG is:
-Loaded with buckshot
-Still has 1 shell in it

The reload animation is bugged (it still reloads without issue; it just doesn't look right).
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Finally got around to trying this; very enjoyable! Good job. I love anything that has weapon upgrades, which is why Trailblazer and Argent are among my favourites; and this is joining them I believe.

Just a couple of things I'd like to see:
>> Looks like all the difficulty settings always use UV monster spawns? Is that right? Perhaps you might want to add in a version that is able to respect HMP and HNTR spawns as well (though in these cases, perhaps forcing a stat-buff to the enemies?)
>> Probably a pain to implement; but when there are so many upgrades, its rather difficult to know in-game what 'that one does'. Even if you just give a descriptive title of what happens (i.e. Black Napalm Upgrade, Improved Flame Compressor etc.) that would help tremendously. Don't want to have alt-tab out of Doom all the time to figure it out!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”