[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [v1.8] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by Captain J »

Oh oh, whoops! I almost forgot, but Venom Bullet Box does not give you the actual Venom Ammo at all.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Captain J wrote:Oh oh, whoops! I almost forgot, but Venom Bullet Box does not give you the actual Venom Ammo at all.
*checks the ammunition decorate*

"Actor VenomAmmoBox : GatlingAmmo"

*facepalm*

OK, this actually seems like a major issue, I'm gonna bite my tongue and try to release the patch ASAP.
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

Some more buggy bits:
  • The NKW's napalm canister firemode no longer does fire damage - only noticed because I was testing it with the Kreigsland enemies pack, and several of those have alternate deaths for being set alight. Seems to act like an explosive now, is this intentional?
  • The descriptions for the Plasma Rifle's alt-fire still refer to its shots bouncing - this is actually wrong in v1.7 as well.
  • The recharge meter on the assault rifle's plasma-missile launcher, when upgraded to have reduced charge time, doesn't fill up the full gauge - it goes to half instead. This is kinda weird because you can't fire it twice, but the UI seems to imply as much.
  • Not a bug, but it'd be nice if there was a toggle to disable the auto-switch-back when using the assault rifle plasma launcher - I consistently switch back to it, thinking I have to switch fire modes to use the primary again, and end up not being able to shoot at all. Or perhaps switching fire modes should be disabled while it's on recharge?
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

CanisLaticanis wrote:Some more buggy bits:
  • The NKW's napalm canister firemode no longer does fire damage - only noticed because I was testing it with the Kreigsland enemies pack, and several of those have alternate deaths for being set alight. Seems to act like an explosive now, is this intentional?
  • The descriptions for the Plasma Rifle's alt-fire still refer to its shots bouncing - this is actually wrong in v1.7 as well.
  • The recharge meter on the assault rifle's plasma-missile launcher, when upgraded to have reduced charge time, doesn't fill up the full gauge - it goes to half instead. This is kinda weird because you can't fire it twice, but the UI seems to imply as much.
  • Not a bug, but it'd be nice if there was a toggle to disable the auto-switch-back when using the assault rifle plasma launcher - I consistently switch back to it, thinking I have to switch fire modes to use the primary again, and end up not being able to shoot at all. Or perhaps switching fire modes should be disabled while it's on recharge?
I tend to play this with BD monsters and enemies there tend to just get caught on fire and run around. They just get blown to pieces without the "Fire" damagetype. I also set the damagetype of any weapon that can harm you to a unique damagetype that harms you far less, because you can kill yourself easily even if you overcharged your health to an insane amount.

I swear I had a thought of adding a toggle that stays at alt firemode for AR. Now that you wanted it, I'll add it. Lol
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

While you're at it, could you add the "Swap Dual Triggers" option that I mentioned a while back?

Here's some info, to refresh your memory:
Feature first appeared in Cola 3.
When enabled, it swaps the Fire and Alt-Fire functions whenever weapons are dual-wielded (in that mod's case, it's the Dual Riot Shotguns), so Fire will shoot the right-hand weapon, and Alt-Fire will shoot the left-hand weapon. It came in very handy for me, since I play anything Doom via my phone's Delta Touch app, which supports Bluetooth gamepads, with Fire bound to R2 and Alt-Fire to L2.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

ShockwaveS08 wrote:While you're at it, could you add the "Swap Dual Triggers" option that I mentioned a while back?

Here's some info, to refresh your memory:
Feature first appeared in Cola 3.
When enabled, it swaps the Fire and Alt-Fire functions whenever weapons are dual-wielded (in that mod's case, it's the Dual Riot Shotguns), so Fire will shoot the right-hand weapon, and Alt-Fire will shoot the left-hand weapon. It came in very handy for me, since I play anything Doom via my phone's Delta Touch app, which supports Bluetooth gamepads, with Fire bound to R2 and Alt-Fire to L2.
I tried to do it, but the key inputs are dug in the weapon coding, unlike in Cola 3 where the toggle in binding is in a short ACS file. The worst part is, the inputs don't work when they're written in braces. It would take a crapload of time to make it work.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I also set the damagetype of any weapon that can harm you to a unique damagetype that harms you far less, because you can kill yourself easily even if you overcharged your health to an insane amount.
You can use SelfDamageFactor in the player class for this purpose. No need for specific damage types anymore.

For my wish list, I'd like to see random upgrade kits (a cvar option). When you pick up an upgrade kit you get assigned a random weapon upgrade you don't have, for a weapon you have. I think this would greatly improve the replayability, for me at least. I've only played this a few hours but from my perspective, you should upgrade a single weapon fully and use it near constantly.
D3athStalker

Re: [v1.8.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

Rowsol wrote: You can use SelfDamageFactor in the player class for this purpose. No need for specific damage types anymore.

For my wish list, I'd like to see random upgrade kits (a cvar option). When you pick up an upgrade kit you get assigned a random weapon upgrade you don't have, for a weapon you have. I think this would greatly improve the replayability, for me at least. I've only played this a few hours but from my perspective, you should upgrade a single weapon fully and use it near constantly.
Thanks for the idea, now the plasma bombs can deal plasma damage :)

Also that upgrade idea sounds neat, might consider adding such feature in the next update.

But anyway, here's the patch that includes most of the stuff fixed (Just noticed that I forgot fixing Handgun's cock in crossed wield mode, smfh).

Link: https://mega.nz/#!A0hUyQKI!9GyxOk8jbjHF ... 4yyX9rBd6w
Alternate link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6yhqyu3x5 ... v1.8.1.pk3
Gadosen

Post by Gadosen »

D3athStalker wrote:
Rowsol wrote: You can use SelfDamageFactor in the player class for this purpose. No need for specific damage types anymore.

Thanks for the idea, now the plasma bombs can deal plasma damage :)

Also that upgrade idea sounds neat, might consider adding such feature in the next update.

But anyway, here's the patch that includes most of the stuff fixed (Just noticed that I forgot fixing Handgun's cock in crossed wield mode, smfh).

Link: https://mega.nz/#!A0hUyQKI!9GyxOk8jbjHF ... 4yyX9rBd6w
Alternate link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6yhqyu3x5 ... v1.8.1.pk3
Found a bug. Dual Shotguns doesn't reload in dual wielding mode when they have 8 shells in the chamber.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

A side effect of NOAUTOFIRE being off is that when you use an upgrade kit the gun will fire, or scope, or reload. It probably makes more sense to add a A_Refire after the weapon cooldown.
I like that the flamethrower shoots one stream now, much less laggy.
Something I forgot to bring up before is the quad damage volume. It's really loud, could easily be cut in half. (a bit too quiet, 75% works better)
Oh, and before I forget. Whenever I pick up a rune the game stutters. It's quick but it's definitely noticeable.
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

Yay, the NKW's flamethrower mode and the Plasma Rifle don't tank my framerate anymore! And on a more minor note, the NKW's sprite isn't cut off when reloading! Though I still think you should look into the fact that they're creating dynamic lights even with both Software and OpenGL dynamic lights switched off, it seems slightly odd. Worst comes to worst you could add a 'toaster mode' toggle that turns off the lightshow. EDIT: Nope, that's just me being an idiot and using an outdated GZDoom.

Also, the NKW's canister mode and Plasma Rifle's altfire aren't triggering special death animations currently, but I'm going to test it out on Brutal Doom monsters tomorrow to see if it's specifically a Kriegsland issue. What can I say, listening to Nazis scream as they burn to death is... entertaining. :twisted:
EDIT: Nope, not just a Kriegsland issue.
Gadosen wrote:Found a bug. Dual Shotguns doesn't reload in dual wielding mode when they have 8 shells in the chamber.
I can confirm this, though it seems to actually be that it's not checking the right-hand shotgun's ammo count to determine if you can reload. Also, it only happens if you haven't upgraded the magazine for some reason, possibly because it changes how the gun reloads.
Last edited by CanisLaticanis on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Though I still think you should look into the fact that they're creating dynamic lights even with both Software and OpenGL dynamic lights switched off, it seems slightly odd
If you're using 3.4.1 this is a bug that was fixed with 3.5.0.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Dunno if I need to update my devbuild, but reloading while using Shades Of Doom causes an image of a Shotgunner's dying animation to play in the upper left of the screen.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

That's a sprite conflict. Nothing you can do about it besides renaming the affected sprites.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Ah, okay.

Also, I wonder if it's possible to change the full-throttle Venom fire sound to something like the old minigun?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”