[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Re: [v1.2] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

Just one thought I have for the HUD: perhaps you might want to consider having the icons for the keycards display fully solid when found, just like what you've already done with the ones for the skull keys. If anything, it will help make it more clear that I've already found them without having to switch over the alternate hud just to check it.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:Just one thought I have for the HUD: perhaps you might want to consider having the icons for the keycards display fully solid when found, just like what you've already done with the ones for the skull keys. If anything, it will help make it more clear that I've already found them without having to switch over the alternate hud just to check it.
Sure thing.
mutator

Post by mutator »

in further updates are you planning to do upgrades for the rest of the weapons as well?
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

mutator wrote:in further updates are you planning to do upgrades for the rest of the weapons as well?
For Gatling, I can put an upgrade or two for it if I find or get any ideas.
For BFG and DMG ... I think they are strong enough. Upgrading them further would make them kinda broken. Only if you use, like, 5 or 10 kits per upgrade or something like that.
mutator

Post by mutator »

D3athStalker wrote:
mutator wrote:in further updates are you planning to do upgrades for the rest of the weapons as well?
For Gatling, I can put an upgrade or two for it if I find or get any ideas.
For BFG and DMG ... I think they are strong enough. Upgrading them further would make them kinda broken. Only if you use, like, 5 or 10 kits per upgrade or something like that.
I have an idea for BFG, let's say if BFG eats 40 cell with upgrade it eats 20 cell each shot so for 40 cell you can fire your BFG twice
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

I have an idea for BFG, let's say if BFG eats 40 cell with upgrade it eats 20 cell each shot so for 40 cell you can fire your BFG twice
Ammo consumption would be a nice touch, I'll add such thing if I add upgrade for them.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Is this pickup sprite of any use for you? I am not too fond of the Vintage-SSG pickup sprite you've made. :p
SGNPA1.png
SGNPA1.png (636 Bytes) Viewed 1248 times
I am anxious for the next release.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

GAA1992 wrote:Is this pickup sprite of any use for you? I am not too fond of the Vintage-SSG pickup sprite you've made. :p
SGNPA1.png
I am anxious for the next release.
Is that handle from Doom 2's SSG? Lol, still looks better than the half-assed handle I've made.

By the way, I'm thinking to replace KelTec with something else ... this is the third replacement, but I'm itching to replace any weapon with more Wolfenstein-styled weapon. Schockhammer sounds cool, but sprites for it are a problem. I'm thinking of Rage's shotgun:

I've also added a sight and a grip for the pump.

Credits: iD Software (weapon base), Sinael (rip), Captain J (Sight and grip).
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Looks fine and Tec-nological enough! Maybe put some Nazi symbols on it if looks not enough?
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

That sprite looks good, I always liked Rage's shotgun.
mentha

Post by mentha »

if you put nazi iconography on the gun i'd like it if you made it look like blaz had tried to scratch them out. i get that he's in the middle of a mission but if he sees something with a swastika on it he should be trying to deface it. he is the anti nazi hero, after all.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

adun87 wrote:if you put nazi iconography on the gun i'd like it if you made it look like blaz had tried to scratch them out. i get that he's in the middle of a mission but if he sees something with a swastika on it he should be trying to deface it. he is the anti nazi hero, after all.
Neat idea, I was thinking to add Wolfenstein icon to the side of the shotgun, akin to Gatling. Swastika would also be cool (No Nazism).
Baratus
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Baratus »

This mod is fantastic! The weapons definitely have the weight and punch from TNO and the upgrade system is really neat too, meaning I can customise my weapons according to my playstyle! The difficulty settings are a great addition to, balancing out all the carnage that the mod's arsenal can unleash and still provide a challenge while still making me grin with sick pleasure at the sheer destruction I can dish out.

I will definitely be playing this for a while longer with as many different levels sets as I can find. Great job!
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Baratus wrote:This mod is fantastic! The weapons definitely have the weight and punch from TNO and the upgrade system is really neat too, meaning I can customise my weapons according to my playstyle! The difficulty settings are a great addition to, balancing out all the carnage that the mod's arsenal can unleash and still provide a challenge while still making me grin with sick pleasure at the sheer destruction I can dish out.

I will definitely be playing this for a while longer with as many different levels sets as I can find. Great job!
Thank you for the positive feedback, I'm glad to please someone :)

By the way, I'm thinking to carry the new starter pistol and SMG to slot one while carrying Magnum and a new weapon I'm thinking to add to slot 2.

This is the new weapon, FG-61 Paratrooper:
Credits: Captain J (base), YukesVonFaust (scope), Doomguy5th (magazine)

Also, updated the sprite for Inferno Shotgun (yes, that's the name I gave to it, and Inferno is written same in both German and English):
Last edited by D3athStalker on Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

The FG-61 will be somehow something that remembers me of Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Nice job bro.

Stop teasing us!!! hahahahaha

Return to “Gameplay Mods”