[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [v1.6] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by wildweasel »

Apaul27 wrote:This does had skill faces, because i'm not a fan of it...
....huh?
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

I found an extremely amusing bug. If you switch the magnum to plasma mode (which still has a scatter shot icon btw) and hold reload while firing, it fires a shot every tic. Only works while dual wielding. Had magnum on the left side of a cross dual wield and I upgraded its internals once. I can also get the shotgun to fire to rounds very quickly in a row this way (but it reloads after the second shot). It had upgraded ammo and was the right side of that cross dual wield. I assume there's probably many more similar bugs for the rest of the weapons and upgrades.

Feature request: Allow reload on dry fire click. This would make it so that if you're dual wielding and you want to choose which weapon to reload you just shoot it while it's empty and it auto reloads. When I cross dual wield the super shotgun with another weapon with a long reload and I only fired that other weapon once, I have to get both to reload just to reload the super shotgun and this would help a lot with that. Alternatively, make it so that reload is reload right dual wield weapon and zoom and reload left dual wield weapon (or make it optional?).

EDIT: Another strange thing is that if I do the magnum glitch with magnum dual wield, the right magnum's recoil causes the screen to keep going up while the left one goes up a little, stops, then resets properly.
EDIT2: You can use the bug to cancel a charged plasma shot.
Last edited by Someone64 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

wildweasel wrote:
Apaul27 wrote:This does had skill faces, because i'm not a fan of it...
....huh?
i think he's talking about b.j.'s face next to the difficulty settings thing.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Then... Why? Maybe it's overused or something, still it follows the Wolf 3D Rule. I'm fine with that as long they shows the toughness of each difficulty, which is kinda helpful.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Maybe he finds the faces demeaning?

EDIT: Magnum ammo upgrade still references shredder rounds. And other upgrades are missing new icons and using old descriptions too. Also, is it intentional that the assault rifle grenades don't affect Spider Masterminds and Cyberdemons?
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

This does had skill faces, because i'm not a fan of it...
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man...
I found an extremely amusing bug. If you switch the magnum to plasma mode (which still has a scatter shot icon btw) and hold reload while firing, it fires a shot every tic. Only works while dual wielding. Had magnum on the left side of a cross dual wield and I upgraded its internals once. I can also get the shotgun to fire to rounds very quickly in a row this way (but it reloads after the second shot). It had upgraded ammo and was the right side of that cross dual wield. I assume there's probably many more similar bugs for the rest of the weapons and upgrades.

Feature request: Allow reload on dry fire click. This would make it so that if you're dual wielding and you want to choose which weapon to reload you just shoot it while it's empty and it auto reloads. When I cross dual wield the super shotgun with another weapon with a long reload and I only fired that other weapon once, I have to get both to reload just to reload the super shotgun and this would help a lot with that. Alternatively, make it so that reload is reload right dual wield weapon and zoom and reload left dual wield weapon (or make it optional?).

EDIT: Another strange thing is that if I do the magnum glitch with magnum dual wield, the right magnum's recoil causes the screen to keep going up while the left one goes up a little, stops, then resets properly.
EDIT2: You can use the bug to cancel a charged plasma shot.
I accidentally created the Typhoon from Insanity's Requiem :P

By the way, that blaster bug works with any weapon without magazine, in this case, you can make Ubergewehr shoot an argent ball every tic.

I just checked that two shells bug, and it works with every weapon, even the left weapon fires two rounds. Hell, you can fire twelve rounds in a row with dual wielded Grimmhammers.

Neat idea, maybe I can make reloading a specific weapon in crossed wield by clicking Reload+LMB or Reload+RMB simultaneously instead of just clicking LMB or RMB.
Someone64 wrote:EDIT: Magnum ammo upgrade still references shredder rounds. And other upgrades are missing new icons and using old descriptions too. Also, is it intentional that the assault rifle grenades don't affect Spider Masterminds and Cyberdemons?
Dammit, forgot to change some of the upgrade descriptions, and Magnum's secondary firemode icon references the shredder rounds. You mean the letters in stars as icons? Only SSG's internal upgrade icon is missing

The AR grenade thing is intentional, Cyberdemons and Masterminds are immune to explosive damage.

Jeez, I just updated this thing and it's already infested with bugs...
Samarai1000
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Samarai1000 »

I'm giving this mod a try and it's a lot of fun, but a lot of the weapons are waaaaaaaay too loud. The firing sounds are good, but I honestly have sensitive hearing, and they're almost deafening. Decreasing the game's volume works, but then everything else is too quiet to be heard at all. Could you reduce the volume of the firing sounds?
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

D3athStalker wrote: Dammit, forgot to change some of the upgrade descriptions, and Magnum's secondary firemode icon references the shredder rounds. You mean the letters in stars as icons? Only SSG's internal upgrade icon is missing
Yeah but doesn't the magnum NOT have shredder rounds anymore? It has plasma shots. Also, idk why I said upgrade icons. Wasn't thinking when I typed that. The upgrade icons are fine as far as I can tell and I didn't even know the SSG was missing an icon.

Also, I agree with Samarai. The weapons of this mod are disproportionately loud specially compared to other mods. Idk if you changed them but I remember them being even worse when the mod just came out. Had to lower my volume but then I couldn't hear monsters and music very well when firing guns.
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Samarai1000 wrote:I'm giving this mod a try and it's a lot of fun, but a lot of the weapons are waaaaaaaay too loud. The firing sounds are good, but I honestly have sensitive hearing, and they're almost deafening. Decreasing the game's volume works, but then everything else is too quiet to be heard at all. Could you reduce the volume of the firing sounds?
Shots should be loud, steps should be quiet. That's correct. This make the game more realistic.
But I understand why the sounds of gunfire seem to be too loud. Sounds recorded in good quality and in stereo (stereo is main factor). In comparison with the original vanilla monsters sounds it gives a strong contrast. All sounds need to be converted to mono format. And I advise you to reduce in the game sample rate settings to 11khz. :D
P.S. I want to note, that I use high quality doom sounds and ketchup mod. And I don't have that strong contrast. So it's perfect for me. :wink:
Last edited by Doomenator on Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShockwaveS08
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Feedback 1: Perhaps instead of "Primary Firemode Selected" and "Secondary Firemode Selected", there could be labeling of the actual firemode when it's switched? For example, the Handgun; "Semi-Auto Firemode Selected" and "Burst Firemode Selected". Or the Kampfpistole; "Impact Firemode Selected/Dumbfire Rocket Firemode Selected" and "Delayed-Fuse Firemode Selected/Homing Rocket Firemode Selected".

Feedback 2: The inventory menu still uses generic graphics for the background; any way to spruce it up a little?

Feedback 3: It seems the HUD was built with 4:3 aspect ratios in mind; any way to expand the left/right corners to fill out the empty space in all other aspect ratios?

Feedback 4: The Secondary Fire icon and related upgrade descriptions for the Scythe Magnum need updating, since Shredder Rounds have been phased out in favor of the Energy Blaster.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

you added reloading? am i right?

TEEARS TO MY EYES! :D

E--- P .... I........C !!! NOW
lets find bruthenwirst and random level editor WHOHO
come get some
never give up
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Samarai1000 wrote:I'm giving this mod a try and it's a lot of fun, but a lot of the weapons are waaaaaaaay too loud. The firing sounds are good, but I honestly have sensitive hearing, and they're almost deafening. Decreasing the game's volume works, but then everything else is too quiet to be heard at all. Could you reduce the volume of the firing sounds?
Yeah, I think it's best to tone down the non-energy weapons' fire sounds ... I can take care of that.
Feedback 1: Perhaps instead of "Primary Firemode Selected" and "Secondary Firemode Selected", there could be labeling of the actual firemode when it's switched? For example, the Handgun; "Semi-Auto Firemode Selected" and "Burst Firemode Selected". Or the Kampfpistole; "Impact Firemode Selected/Dumbfire Rocket Firemode Selected" and "Delayed-Fuse Firemode Selected/Homing Rocket Firemode Selected".

Feedback 2: The inventory menu still uses generic graphics for the background; any way to spruce it up a little?

Feedback 3: It seems the HUD was built with 4:3 aspect ratios in mind; any way to expand the left/right corners to fill out the empty space in all other aspect ratios?

Feedback 4: The Secondary Fire icon and related upgrade descriptions for the Scythe Magnum need updating, since Shredder Rounds have been phased out in favor of the Energy Blaster.
MOTHER OF NITPICK I think I got the firemode message part a bit rushed...

I think I should keep this HUD as lite as possible and make a new fullscreen HUD that contains the amount of detail on the currect HUD.

I mentioned the bug your fourth feedback references to a few comments ago, I completely forgot to do so :stuppor:
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

I for one love the beefy firing sounds.
ShockwaveS08
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Several more ideas for Doom Incarnate...

1) Have an upgrade system for both Health and Armor, like The New Order, except make said upgrades extremely rare.

2) Integrate the three Contraptions from The New Colossus into the flow of gameplay.
2a) The Compression Harness would be best-suited for squeezing into very narrow spaces, just below crouching height...at the cost of eventual health loss and death due to lack of oxygen.
2b) Ram Shackles could be used for a "sprint/shoulder-bash" system that can mow down Zombiemen and Imps in short order.
3c) The Battle Walker boots can be activated with a double-tap of the Jump key, and can allow the player to reach higher ledges, likely due to increased "actor height".

3) Perhaps there could be an option for disabling the TITLEMAP.wad, or switching to a static image, for those with potato rigs/phones.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Health/armor upgrades and maybe ammo cap upgrades would be cool.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”