[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

D3athStalker

Re: [v1.4] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

mutator wrote:I found a bug as well, when you collect more than 1 upgrade kit and enter next level you only end up with 1 kit and other disappears...is this actually a bug or intentional?
That's weird, I'll check that out.
Hellser wrote:Please use the imgur tags next time for your screenshots. Hiding them under a spoiler does not prevent them from being loaded.
Crap, I didn't know that. Thanks for notifying me, I'll fix them ASAP.

Edit: Nevermind, you've already fixed the screenshots.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

mutator wrote:I found a bug as well, when you collect more than 1 upgrade kit and enter next level you only end up with 1 kit and other disappears...is this actually a bug or intentional?
This is the default intended behaviour of Heretic, every item you have more than one instance of gets set back to one upon map change. To fix this, the upgrade kit needs the Inventory.InterHubAmount and a nunber of your choice. For reference, in Heretic you could hold 16 of a given item at the same time, in Hexen it was 25.
mutator

Post by mutator »

DabbingSquidward wrote:
This is the default intended behaviour of Heretic, every item you have more than one instance of gets set back to one upon map change. To fix this, the upgrade kit needs the Inventory.InterHubAmount and a nunber of your choice. For reference, in Heretic you could hold 16 of a given item at the same time, in Hexen it was 25.
I use latest gzdoom 3.2.5 to run and using doom2 wad to load the maps...so you have to use whatever you find within same map to not loose what you got?
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

mutator wrote:I use latest gzdoom 3.2.5 to run and using doom2 wad to load the maps...so you have to use whatever you find within same map to not loose what you got?
As long as D3athStalker hasn't changed this, yes you should :)
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

I just checked in and yeah, it automatically resets the amount to 1. Just fixed it.

This probably makes it almost impossible to upgrade Lasergewehr and Übergewehr, unless you're in a slaughterfest map or something.
D3athStalker

Re: [v1.5] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

I don't know this deserves to be called v1.5 since it doesn't contain new weapons, features or items; but here it is.

Main Link: https://mega.nz/#!8gICmCjR!gEGrdku3fAiz ... h_qpRYVJ3M
Alt Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3835asaqx ... e_v1.5.pk3

Changelog:
- 4:3 friendly main menu.
- Increased the volume the casing sounds a little bit. Not very quiet, but not very loud, either.
- Crossed wielding is equipped via ACS (cleaner coding).
- Kevlar Vest and Battle Armor can't be obtained once the armor reaches 200.
- Performance-friendly 3D laser beams for LaserKraftWerk and Lasergewehr.
- Key bindings are moved to "Mod Options".
- Less key binding, they dropped from 8 to 5. Some of them have to be held to execute another action.
- New reload animation for Super Shotgun if it has one shell remaining.
- Removed the red "dual-wield" writing when you dual-wield Paratrooper rifles.
- Fixed a bug where Arachnotron's projectile decal is a blackened plasma rifle sprite.
- Added counters for goggles and HEV shield.
- NKW gets purple muzzle flash when it gets its ammunition upgraded.
- NKW's upgraded projectile center explosion sprite is now purple.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

It's okay, an update's an update! Thanks for fixing more stuff.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

do you have a discord?
let me help you with your guns...
mutator

Post by mutator »

did you also fix the problem where all upgrade kits were disappearing except for last one in next level you enter?
XavierStudios

Post by XavierStudios »

Bug reporting, GO!
Start a new game, equip the pistol to the right crossed wield, switch to crossed wield and press/hold reload. Plays the animation for equipping the pistol.
Follow the same instructions but equip to the left crossed wield. Game immediately locks up and crashes.
Cross wield the assault rifle in left hand and gatling gun in right, switch the assault rifle to grenade launcher. Only fires bullets.
For a different kind of fun, switch the single assault rifle to grenade launcher before cross wielding. Gun jumps to right hand to fire a single grenade and then disappears until you press reload.
The gatling gun requires a few presses of the firemode key to switch off of its rotating state after firing. That, or it's looking for a longer press.
At some point, whatever you were using to detect holding keys stopped working. It seems that changing maps is involved because I can equip to crossed wield and throw hatchets before but not after the map transition. Switching firemode and hatchet chop functioned fine otherwise.

I hope these help. The almost immediate loss of crossed wielding put a damper on my rampage through DOOM II, but not by much. (It's because this mod is fun as hell. The weapons are so fucking good.)
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Nems »

mutator wrote:did you also fix the problem where all upgrade kits were disappearing except for last one in next level you enter?
He did. I opened it up in SLADE to check when I downloaded it and it's fixed. c:
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

shadstarn wrote:do you have a discord?
let me help you with your guns...
Yeah, I have a discord nicknamed "D3athStalker" with the poorly drawn BJ face as profile pic. Thanks for the assistance.
XavierStudios wrote:Bug reporting, GO!
Start a new game, equip the pistol to the right crossed wield, switch to crossed wield and press/hold reload. Plays the animation for equipping the pistol.
Follow the same instructions but equip to the left crossed wield. Game immediately locks up and crashes.
Cross wield the assault rifle in left hand and gatling gun in right, switch the assault rifle to grenade launcher. Only fires bullets.
For a different kind of fun, switch the single assault rifle to grenade launcher before cross wielding. Gun jumps to right hand to fire a single grenade and then disappears until you press reload.
The gatling gun requires a few presses of the firemode key to switch off of its rotating state after firing. That, or it's looking for a longer press.
At some point, whatever you were using to detect holding keys stopped working. It seems that changing maps is involved because I can equip to crossed wield and throw hatchets before but not after the map transition. Switching firemode and hatchet chop functioned fine otherwise.

I hope these help. The almost immediate loss of crossed wielding put a damper on my rampage through DOOM II, but not by much. (It's because this mod is fun as hell. The weapons are so fucking good.)
Fixed them all. That's a lot of bugs...
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

you have to invite me right to your discord? or is there some way i dont know about.
im trying to learn spriting myself
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

shadstarn wrote:you have to invite me right to your discord? or is there some way i dont know about.
im trying to learn spriting myself
I think you add friend via discord tag, mine is #0836.
Bigger C

Post by Bigger C »

I can't seem to make cross-wielding work. Should I be using a stable or dev GZDoom build? Or am I just buttoning wrong? I hold down the firemode button for a given hand and it doesn't indicate whether or not I successfully assigned a weapon to crosswielding.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”