[PREALPHA] ▲ (alpha 2)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

[PREALPHA] ▲ (alpha 2)

Post by chronoteeth »

first zdoom mod with a specific goal and style. simple weapon mod. its pre alpha and there are a lot of bugs (mainly invisible pickups at times as well as gl/rl firing infinitely without ammo check even tho nothin there, if theres anything that can be fixed, please feel free. the fist is a placeholder so itll be replaced)

any critiques are fine if its in relation to the weapon feel. its heavy wip but episode 1 can be finished with all weapons replaced so heads up. massive thanks to sgt shivers for giving me a lot of help. i am taking this at my own pace cuz tbh decorate is so not a fun code to work with so this is a when its done situation.
Spoiler: screenshots
CT-TRI

EDIT: ALPHA 2 (same link as above)
Spoiler: changes
Last edited by chronoteeth on Wed May 02, 2018 1:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
Gideon020

Re: [PREALPHA] ▲

Post by Gideon020 »

Hmm, not one to usually go for really early builds, but the pics look interesting so I guess I'll give it a shot.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

chronoteeth wrote:as well as gl/rl firing infinitely without ammo check even tho nothin there
What's causing this is the +WEAPON.AMMO_OPTIONAL you've put in the weapon. Which, in and of itself isn't a bad thing, but it does mean the weapon acknowledges that it has no ammo and then continues firing anyway!
So what you need to do is check if it specifically has no ammo. Adding a very simple "TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfNoAmmo("Click")" to the line just before "THUF A 0 A_JumpIfInventory("GrenadeeAmmo",1,1)" will make it work as (assumedly) intended!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Oh, hey! This is the mod you showed me! Very good work man! I personally lov the smooth animations and selection of guns. And i hope you can keep on upgrading this, even knowing you're not that much into DECORATE.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Rocket launcher doesn't empty it's magazine when fired but instead fires from reserve ammo.
chronoteeth

Post by chronoteeth »

Gideon020 wrote:Rocket launcher doesn't empty it's magazine when fired but instead fires from reserve ammo.
noted bug, fixed in next version. this is pre alpha so a lot of things are not just also to be fixed, but subject to change too
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Nice to see you modding something great for zdoom. And i say this is a fine start! And of course, i've got some gripes and suggestions that might make this mod a bit better;

- Fist's overall animation is kinda powerless. And it would be nice if it has some kind of decent impact sounds, too!

- EEMG Belkenstein-12 never reloads automatically unlike other weapons when out of ammo.

The same goes for Phalanx CIWS Micro-Blitz.

- I think you already know what's wrong with Trihexa SMRL-6 and Polyphemus HBGL, but i still can open fire although they're out of ammo. Also it seems i can reload when ammo is full.

And that's it. Might need some improvements and polish, true. But i'm sure you can improve this mod even more. And if you need any graphic or sound support, just ask!

EDIT: Oh, also i think this thread and the mod itself has no credit list.
chronoteeth

Post by chronoteeth »

Captain J wrote:Nice to see you modding something great for zdoom. And i say this is a fine start! And of course, i've got some gripes and suggestions that might make this mod a bit better;

- Fist's overall animation is kinda powerless. And it would be nice if it has some kind of decent impact sounds, too!

- EEMG Belkenstein-12 never reloads automatically unlike other weapons when out of ammo.

The same goes for Phalanx CIWS Micro-Blitz.

- I think you already know what's wrong with Trihexa SMRL-6 and Polyphemus HBGL, but i still can open fire although they're out of ammo. Also it seems i can reload when ammo is full.

And that's it. Might need some improvements and polish, true. But i'm sure you can improve this mod even more. And if you need any graphic or sound support, just ask!

EDIT: Oh, also i think this thread and the mod itself has no credit list.
the fist is a placeholder, it wont be in the final launch
the auto reload will be removed at launch
the bug with the explosives are fixed
things will have more polish when its 100%
the credits will arrive when the mod is actually done
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I think you've got a solid base here, cool guns, nice reloads. I can't really add much that hasn't already been said or being worked on, since it generally just needs more polish, but that's to be expected at this point.
zimxpentagram

Post by zimxpentagram »

This weapon mod is pretty interesting, aside from some minor tweaks that is needs, its fun to use.
chronoteeth

Post by chronoteeth »

new version, changelog on first page as well as new download
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [PREALPHA] ▲ (alpha 2)

Post by Captain J »

Hohoholy Tremendous Triangles! It's finally updated! And i see few things have changed very nicely. Especially the palette! Love the grimness of the textures. And some weapons are very clever and interesting, too.

However, i've got some gripes to tell, obviously. But it won't bite!
Spoiler:
And that's about it. Nice mod with aesthetically satisfying weapons! I really can't wait for update. Please keep it up!
chronoteeth

Post by chronoteeth »

Captain J wrote:Hohoholy Tremendous Triangles! It's finally updated! And i see few things have changed very nicely. Especially the palette! Love the grimness of the textures. And some weapons are very clever and interesting, too.

However, i've got some gripes to tell, obviously. But it won't bite!
Spoiler:
And that's about it. Nice mod with aesthetically satisfying weapons! I really can't wait for update. Please keep it up!
-backup is just that, a last resort. the quick melee is even better than what it is. its meant more to make sure to trigger switches than for combat. the upgrade just makes it combat viable. just use the melee button for an actual key 1 style melee attack. each weapon has melee too so you dont have to use the back up pistol.
-noted bug, will fix when see fit (these are pre alphas remember, focusing on the big parts first)
-spas 12 fixed
-noted bug, will fix when see fit (these are pre alphas remember, focusing on the big parts first)
-do you know what exact frame on the vertelli? cant seem to find it
-intentionally slow. will make slightly faster but still will be slow
-polyphemus fixed
-they'll get their changes.

please dont forget that these are alpha, so its not 100% done. a beta usually has the core stuff ready, but as an alpha its still got stuff to add
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Forgot to give my usual trial on this one.

Your spritework is amazing as always! And many bugs were fixed. For an Alpha, this is getting really good and fun. I don't have too much to say, but i am keeping track of this.
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

chronoteeth wrote:...
My remark. Terribly annoying twitching crosshair. Especially while reloading the shotgun. There are many ways to simulate recoil when fired and changing the vertical position is the worst of. As I said, the crosshair shows not only the direction of the weapon, but where the eyes look. But your eyes don't twitch upwards, no matter what you do with your hands. Even if you pumps head, gaze still directed to one point. Therefore, the sensation is completely unnatural. :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”