Complex DooM (UPDATED 15/11/21)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Complex DooM (updated 17/01/19)

Postby celulamp » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:52 pm

So i'm assuming legendary and clusterfuck won't work with this? If so sucks but hey at least we're getting updates for complex doom!
celulamp

Discord: Cellular Lamp#5144
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby LowEndPCGamer100 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:12 pm

this mod is effectively dead for the time being
LowEndPCGamer100

Postby Mad Dal 85 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:20 pm

Hey Daedalus

I hope you're good. I was told that the Complex Doom Clusterf*ck mod was created by you. Great mod.

Anyway, I have a question. In the credits section of the complex-doom file, it said that the sprites and sounds are free to use but not the coding (which is fair enough) Can I use a few of the weapon sprites and matching sounds for them in my mod please?

I thought it would be better to ask you first instead of going behind your back and use them without permission.

Just in case you're wondering what weapons that I would like to use, they are; Combat Shotgun, Assault Shotgun, Rocket Launcher and BFG9500.

I can write the decorate files out myself for them as I am pretty good with that kind of thing.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Mad Dal
Mad Dal 85

Discord: Mad Dal #6879

Postby Daedalus » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:09 am

Mad Dal 85 wrote:Hey DaedalusI hope you're good. I was told that the Complex Doom Clusterf*ck mod was created by you. Great mod.

Clusterfuck wasn't done by me, it is a fan made addon.

You are completely free to use them, just be sure to properly credit the original authors which I'm sure I have listed in the mods credits lump.
Daedalus

Postby Mad Dal 85 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:20 am

Ah, right. Okay, thank you. I spoke to Dusted on Discord and he said it's Complex DOOM which is made by you, but he uses some the of the stuff from CF in his other projects. I found it weird when he said none of it was his work because his name is in the 'mod options.'

It just feels like everyone is sending me on a wild goose chase and refusing to say a straight 'yes' or 'no' when I ask people if I can use their sprites in my mod.

I dunno. Someone once said on a live stream that all the custom made stuff has been used and modified so much, that many people claim it's their work so it seems like no one knows who made what anymore.

At least I know it's okay to use them providing I give the proper credit so thanks for clearing that up for me. I can't see 'BFG9500' listed in the credits, just 'BFG' so I guess that's the right BFG?
Mad Dal 85

Discord: Mad Dal #6879

Postby Plasmasucker » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:40 pm

Hi everyone.

I noticed that BFG9500 can not be picked up to receive the plasma ammo in it, if the player already have BFG9500. I changed the variable AmmoGive in the weapons.dec but it did not have any effect.

Is it a bug or a feature?

Thanks for answer.
Plasmasucker

Re: Complex DooM (UPDATED 15/11/21)

Postby Daedalus » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:53 pm

Mod updated, link in OP with full changelog.

Spot anything weird going on just call out.

Enjoy!
Daedalus

Postby TonynUBares » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:22 pm

Idea/suggestion for increasing compatibility with some of those new weapon mods out there:
what about getting rid of SETSLOT int the KEYCONF lump and using either weapon or player class property?
Just asking mainly out of curiosity
TonynUBares

Postby zheg » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:47 pm

I'm surprised about this update
you actually made me play this mod again and again with this new content, I like it a lot, hope to see more!
zheg

Discord: [edy pagaza]#9764
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby PFL » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:44 pm

Daedalus wrote:Mod updated, link in OP with full changelog.

Spot anything weird going on just call out.

Enjoy!

Oh cool. Thanks a lot. Will try the benefits right away. EDIT - Just took a look at the changelog ... !!! that's an update alright :)
PFL

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods