Complex DooM (updated 17/01/19)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Complex DooM (updated 17/01/19)

Postby LowEndPCGamer100 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:13 pm

try putting the "enemies always drop" option on in the mod options, also some weapon upgrades come pretty rare, try a wad with more enemies if it seems like theyre too sparse
LowEndPCGamer100

Postby dbj87jb » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:09 pm

So glad to see an update for this finally crop up. Nice to see it's still getting some love. Is it more compatible with GZDoom (a couple of scripts wouldn't load with GZDoom but it was nothing overly breaking) or would be better to stick with Zandronum?
dbj87jb

Postby Cherno » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:16 pm

LowEndPCGamer100 wrote:try putting the "enemies always drop" option on in the mod options, also some weapon upgrades come pretty rare, try a wad with more enemies if it seems like theyre too sparse

Thankls for the suggestion, but I've found at least a dozen upgrades so far, but they were all pistol autofire upgrades! Today, I found one for the assault shotgun which I didn't even had yet, but I spawned one and now I only get assault shotgun upgrades. Pretty weird!
Cherno

Postby vapidscum » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:09 pm

Upgrades and items only drop from certain monsters; they're not a random chance globally. Since you've been discussing it and I haven't seen the info anywhere myself, I've compiled a handy list of what drops what.

Spoiler:
vapidscum

Discord: #3688

Postby Alptraum » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:54 pm

Oh boi, it has been a year since last update. Hopefully we can see something soon ^^
Alptraum

Discord: Alptraum#6909
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby DoomSoul » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:00 pm

Can you enable the reload key and move the railgun zoom to the secondary fire?
DoomSoul

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods