[BETA] DEAD MARINE

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Someone64

Re: [BETA] DEAD MARINE

Post by Someone64 »

Actually I don't think it's ambient sounds doing it. It may be one of the projectile sounds that happen as they fly through the air.
Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

Very cool mod! I think I'll be keeping this in my autoload :)
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Gifty wrote:
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:The Cacodemon does not produce blood splats when shot anymore.
I'm not getting any of these issues on my side, could I have some more specifics of how/when this stuff occurred? (the blood colors thing has been fixed, I'll put out an update soon!)
Well... I do not see any blood spat sprites on a Cacodemon when I shoot it with any of my weapons. I am not really sure what else to say. :?
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Someone64 wrote:Actually I don't think it's ambient sounds doing it. It may be one of the projectile sounds that happen as they fly through the air.
It could be the impact sounds. I feel like they're really loud when you're hitting say, a pinkie with the shotgun.
Rustygold

Post by Rustygold »

I really like all the little details. Like when you walk over a dead Marine and It shows their Names, Maybe add some more names? It's weird running Into Ben Shaperio's name like 10 times :p. Oh the Shotgun and the chaingun both give you double ammo every time you pick them up after the first time.
LukasG2004
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by LukasG2004 »

Could use a little bit more bells & whistles such as bright maps and dynamic lights.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Everything so far is pretty awesome, but I’m going to join the boat requesting numbers for the Health and Armor. The icons are more of an issue when the mugshot gets replaced in megawads such as Eternal Doom.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

badcaradvice wrote:Sergeants drop shotguns with 8 shells instead of 4; likewise with the commandos, they drop a chaingun with 20 rounds instead of 10.
Oops! When you guys said zombie I thought you meant the rifle enemies, I didn't check the others. Will try to fix this in the next version.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Interesting and powerful enhancement mod! Weapons in this mod are definitely powered up thanks to the effect and sounds. And gibbing effects are just pure awesomeness.

Well, except;

- I think Health bonus and Armor bonus items' pickup sounds are very quiet than other pickup sounds. I don't know, but they're less satisfying to collect like vanilla ones.

- Rocket box item still plays vanilla pickup sound when picked up.

- I love the vanilla vibe on the weapon sounds. However, Chainsaw, Super Shotgun and Rocket Launcher Lacks such vibe!

- I think fist need some proper wall-hitting sound effect. Ricocheting while hitting the wall sounds a bit awkward!

- BFG ball's particles plays casing bounce sound effect when dropped. Intentional?

And that's about it. Excellent mod! And can't wait for the next update.
Gexo

Post by Gexo »

Hello, is there gonna be a Smooth Doom support?
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Rustygold wrote:I really like all the little details. Like when you walk over a dead Marine and It shows their Names, Maybe add some more names? It's weird running Into Ben Shaperio's name like 10 times :p
Yep, definitely planning to add more names to the final version. :P I too am tired of seeing COL. DENNIS TENCH
Gexo wrote:Hello, is there gonna be a Smooth Doom support?
It's definitely crossed my mind, but no plans at this time!

Update today! Lot of little fixes. Changelog:

v0.9.1
-added alternate deaths to all zombies (credits: ItsNatureToDie, Damson)
-fixed issue where plasma sprinkles would make bullet casing sounds
-fixed several blood coloring errors
-lost soul no longer bleeds
-rocket box now plays correct pickup sound
-fixed twitching human not animating properly
-fixed some mood sounds not being toggleable
-candle prop now has "mood sound"
-added particle effects to splashes (looks good!)
-changed weapon pickups so that first pickup will always yield extra ammo, all subsequent pickups will yield regular "small pickup" amount -- not perfectly vanilla, but better than before
-more realistic fist+wall impact
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh hey! You really listened to my feedback. Thank you so much, and glad you updated the mod!
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Of course! Your feedback was super helpful! C:
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

Any plans for floor/ceiling decals?
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

i cant play this mod with its hud since it doesnt scale normaly on 4:3 ratio(at least alternative hud option works)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”