[BETA] DEAD MARINE

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gideon020

Re: [BETA] DEAD MARINE

Post by Gideon020 »

I just noticed something, the pinkies don't melt in nukage or lava, which is kinda disappointing as I thought they were a minor enemy. :D
Last edited by Gideon020 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
GordonGrand

Post by GordonGrand »

How can I use the rifle and the Nightmare Chaingun in-game aside from using the dev console?
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

faslrn wrote:Quick fix:

Code: Select all

ready:
		SGDR abcdefghij 2 A_WeaponReady(WRF_NoFire|WRF_NoSwitch)
		goto realready
Just slapped A_WeaponReady(WRF_NoFire|WRF_NoSwitch) on the line and changed the offsets of the PNGs for the raise animation.
Thank you! You've saved my bacon. This will go out in the next update, whenever that is.
GordonGrand wrote:How can I use the rifle and the Nightmare Chaingun in-game aside from using the dev console?
It's not ready yet. I'm (whisper whisper) trying to create an alternate weapon set for use with the Dead Marine difficulty level, but it's still in the testing stage.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Gifty wrote: It's not ready yet. I'm (whisper whisper) trying to create an alternate weapon set for use with the Dead Marine difficulty level, but it's still in the testing stage.
*whispering* Auto-shotgun...Auto-shotgun...Auto-shotgun...
VGA

Post by VGA »

When firing the rocket launcher I have noticed a crunching sound made, even when the rockets hit way in the distance! Can I fix it with some edit in the pk3?
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

That's the "hitmarker" sound for the rocket launcher; you can attenuate it by opening the SNDINFO.gore file in the master directory and either upping the $attenuation or lowering the volume of "bone snaps."
WallyTheBoogieBug

Post by WallyTheBoogieBug »

I hope this isn't too much to ask, but could you convert all of your sprites and textures to unpaletted PNGs? Dead Marine and Smooth Doom have had palette issues for a long time with mods like Ancient Aliens and Back to Saturn X, and given the ubiquity and popularity of those megawads I feel like they should be supported out of the box. Your usage of Doom-format sprites causes the palette issues with these megawads. SLADE3 should make fixing this issue in both mods take a few minutes at most, as long as you don't make widespread usage of translations. Even then, if you do make widespread use of translations, the trusty find-and-replace function should make getting your translated sprites moved over to differently colored copies of the sprites not take too long either.

I also would personally consider changing the sprite names of some of your custom sprites like the HUD in Dead Marine if at all possible since it also conflicts with various mods that change the status bar.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

some questions that i had for a while now
1.are you still working on it?
2.will there be a counter for how many marine tags u have collected?
3.will enemies have more frames as well?
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

1. I am still working on it, just very very slowly. Most of my effort has been on Smooth Doom lately, since I left so many loose threads hanging on that mod.

2. Wasn't planning on it, but definitely would like to add more names/a more dramatic presentation at some point!

3. Dead Marine wasn't planned as a "smooth" mod, but I think more and more, Smooth Doom and Dead Marine will come closer together to become one megamod. I'm already porting a lot of the effects and spritework I did from DM over to SD.
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

Gifty wrote:Dead Marine wasn't planned as a "smooth" mod, but I think more and more, Smooth Doom and Dead Marine will come closer together to become one megamod.
Sounds good, probably will be easier for you to maintain right? I assume the plan will be to make it all configurable through options and/or player classes?
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Yeah, that's sort of my angle right now. Since they're both vanilla enhancement mods, it just seems to make sense that there would be some crossporting of features.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Makes sense, I always felt like Smooth Doom was nice from a technical angle, but Dead Marine adds a lot more flavor.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Might wanna tweak the HUD to fit these settings, chief. They're cut off at the edges on my end so I can't read kills, items, secrets, nor ammo.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

bug-if u take shotgun from shotgun guy then already placed shot wont give u 8 shells
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

I want to point out a little issue. When I play the last (hardest) difficulty (that blue highlighted, forgot the name), the new (actually just recolored old) Arch-vile disappears when casting his "heal" state. That is due to mistake in state sprites definition, there should be

DIA2 ABC 10 Bright
instead of

DIAB "[\]" 10 Bright
in Heal state.

For those who want to quickly fix it: open archive in, say, winzip, or Slade, go to ACTORS/MUNSTERS/, find NMVile.dec entry, open and replace everything with:

ACTOR DarkVile : Archvile
{
  States
  {
  Spawn:
    DIAB AB 10 A_Look
    Loop
  See:
    DIAB AABBCCDDEEFF 2 A_VileChase
    Loop
  Missile:
    DIAB G 0 Bright A_VileStart
    DIAB G 10 Bright A_FaceTarget
    DIAB H 8 Bright A_VileTarget
    DIAB IJKLMN 8 Bright A_FaceTarget
    DIAB O 8 Bright A_VileAttack
    DIAB P 20 Bright
    Goto See
  Heal:
    DIA2 ABC 10 Bright
    Goto See
  Pain:
    DIAB Q 5   
    DIAB Q 5 A_Pain
    Goto See
  Death:
    DIAB Q 7
    DIAB R 7 A_Scream
    DIAB S 7 A_NoBlocking
    DIAB TUVWXY 7
    DIAB Z -1
    Stop
  }
}
Save & enjoy!

I could upload fixed version but I don't know if I'm allowed since this project is actively developing.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”