Factotum [16/10/19] Survival

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Factotum (10/05/18) Chex & Ctrl+Z

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

potetobloke wrote:Also the whole M79 sharing the same ammo pool with the Hand Grenade was really bugging me, thanks for changing that!
Believe me, it was annoying for me as well.
erni945 wrote: I have 2 questions
1. Is this bug still present in other games or only in Hexen because nowhere when playing Doom did I notice this?
2. Can you tell me what you plan to add new things because I'm very curious :)
1 - In Heretic, Hexen, Chex and Hacx. I only fixed doom and completely forgot the others.
2 - Yukes made some new sprites for both M79s, i want to tweak the shotgun reloading, AND (i'm not going to say it's going to be in the next version) i wanted to add the "15+1", "7+1", "30+1" and so on for the weapons (i am not sure if the Calico M950 is capable of doing this, but obviously the M79 and the Plasma Cannon can't).

Not only that, but the eternal bugfixes, and:
Captain J wrote:Oh, and one more thing. I don't think both armor replacements doesn't work or not even trying to project myself from danger coming from the enemies. I still can take hefty damage from the Revenant's missile and it gets harder when in group. Can you make them at least more protective?
potetobloke wrote:I just noticed this bug now, when you have 2 radsuits and then go to a different level, you will lose the extra radsuit.
namsan wrote:Hello, I'm enjoying your mod as usual!

In some maps, I really need to use invincibility items as soon as possible because there are many enemies, or an cyberdemon in front of my face.
But using invincibility items from inventory costs time, so I feel it bit clunky.
So I want to use an invincibility item instantly when I get it, like Vanilla.
Can you implement an option that makes Doomguy to instantly use invincibility items?
Sure thing guys! Thank you, it will be done as possible in the actual pace!
erni945

Post by erni945 »

I can not wait for the next version, :) but for now I have some suggestions that you could introduce:

1. Possibility of kicking opponents to push them away from each other and the possibility of sliding under the projectiles like in the Kriegsland. I think that it would be very helpful if there was no more ammunition and only machete would be left

2. A sniper weapon because I noticed that aiming at some of the opponents from existing weapons at very long distances is simply tiring

3. Change the sounds of machetes. I think that it could also be changed because I came to the conclusion that when I use it, it does not feel at all that it is a machete

So far, so many suggestions that reminded me :wink:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Yeah yeah... yukesvonfaust and other guys brought the sniper/M249 bfg replacement more than once. And i am very reluctant to both. Here's why:

The sniper rifle is a obvious NO. For many reasons.
*if it uses 5.56mm ammo, it'll be overpowered for having 240 bullets at disposal, perfect accuracy and high damage.

*if it doesn't, there's only one place to position it's own ammo pool, and it's along the 9mm ammo. This, by weight of consequences, will break the gameplay, because it might eat up a needed 9mm ammo for a weapon that will only be acquired on a bfg spot.

Does this means the M249 sounds more reasonable? Ya, it does. But tell me: once you get a weapon that chews 5.56mm bullets at a faster ROF, higher ammo capacity and higher damage than the M4A1 (being it nerfed or not), why would you use anything else if your only downside is accuracy and durability?

Again, this is just a realistic review of opinions that sound great in theory, but when put on practice...
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Also, excuse me if i sound harsh, i am agonizing because of a goddamn stomach pain.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

GAA1992 wrote:Yeah yeah... yukesvonfaust and other guys brought the sniper/M249 bfg replacement more than once. And i am very reluctant to both. Here's why:

The sniper rifle is a obvious NO. For many reasons.
*if it uses 5.56mm ammo, it'll be overpowered for having 240 bullets at disposal, perfect accuracy and high damage.

*if it doesn't, there's only one place to position it's own ammo pool, and it's along the 9mm ammo. This, by weight of consequences, will break the gameplay, because it might eat up a needed 9mm ammo for a weapon that will only be acquired on a bfg spot.

Does this means the M249 sounds more reasonable? Ya, it does. But tell me: once you get a weapon that chews 5.56mm bullets at a faster ROF, higher ammo capacity and higher damage than the M4A1 (being it nerfed or not), why would you use anything else if your only downside is accuracy and durability?

Again, this is just a realistic review of opinions that sound great in theory, but when put on practice...
Maybe you're right, maybe M4A1 would be enough. Regarding the rest of it, are you able to use the same code as in the kriegsland for kicking and sliding, or it does not work?
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

the BFG replacement could be a Single-Shot rocket launcher ala RE2... but the parts for that one is going to be very rare...
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

erni945 wrote:Maybe you're right, maybe M4A1 would be enough. Regarding the rest of it, are you able to use the same code as in the kriegsland for kicking and sliding, or it does not work?
Oh yeah, the kick attack! I forgot about this question. It's very easy to code, i just need to import the same code&ACS. It isn't the first time i think about adding it. It's a good idea, regardless.
YukesVonFaust wrote:the BFG replacement could be a Single-Shot rocket launcher ala RE2... but the parts for that one is going to be very rare...
Also a nice idea, but it'll need a good planning. :)
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

How about a railgun for a BFG replacement? A railgun that functions like GTA5?
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Any plans for Adventures of Square compatibility? :P
namsan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by namsan »

I realized player can't know which altfire they will use.
I often cut the air meaninglessly with machete, because I thought I was choosing Grenade altfire.
I often blow myself up with grenade, because I thought I was choosing Machete altfire.

So I made minor HUD modification for this mod!
It displays which altfire player will use with white icons.
Please load it after Factotum.
Attachments
facto_altfirehud.pk3
(19.26 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
erni945

Post by erni945 »

namsan wrote:I realized player can't know which altfire they will use.
I often cut the air meaninglessly with machete, because I thought I was choosing Grenade altfire.
I often blow myself up with grenade, because I thought I was choosing Machete altfire.

A great addition, I think that it should be already added earlier due to the fact that someone may be mistaken for alternative shots and maybe just after a long time do not remember whether it has grenades or a machete
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

one of my favourite mods!
and i will prob just change the machine gun that i dont like with something
i innitially wanted to edit the graphics on this mod ..for myself.
right now i am alrady working on another project
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

namsan wrote:I realized player can't know which altfire they will use.

Oh, hey! This is pretty much what i wanted to do for the mod for some time!

Do you authorize to incorporate the code and make it an official thing?

Thanks for your contribution, by the way!
namsan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by namsan »

Of course, GAA1992!

Oh, and I forgot to list credit.
These icons are from http://game-icons.net/.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

I don't know why, but something about this mod is begging for a gatling laser.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”