Factotum [16/10/19] Survival

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Factotum (WIP updated 09/03/18)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

shadstarn wrote:lmao remove the messenger sound it sounds exactly like facebook or telegram messages
That was my attempt at recreating the item pickup sound from Blood. Go compare, it's not the same thing.
Someone64 wrote:Suggestion: give feedback for the plasmagun's after firing cooldown by making it expell steam with a FSSSHHT sound effect after firing that lasts as long as it takes before the cooldown is finished.
Thanks. Will do it.
Somagu wrote:Player doesn't seem to start with FKFist, so slot 1 is empty.
My bad. Sorry.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Factotum (Updated 10/03/18) CALICO RELOADZ N STUFF

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

So guys, i really beg of you to download this again. Minor changes, but i think it's more enjoyable.

- Calico properly reloads, courtesy of YukesVonFaust frames (and hands from the master sheet i got).
- Calico has pitch changing when shooting (i don't know how i've skipped this one)
- Plasma cannon releases a steam when cooling down.
- Item/Ammo pickup sound swapped by a Resident Evil one (more linear with the mod resources)
- Respawn/Start/Death fade-in/out effects, courtesy of TerminusEst13.
- FKFist restored on startup.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Sorry for another nitpick right as you post an update, but the super toolbox's tag says "Plasma Cannon spare parts" when selected.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks for noticing! I won't upload it again now, but, i fixed on my home version :)

EDIT: BTW, by chatting a bit with Black Rock Shooter, he just feedbacked to me the Calico M950 is an automatic pistol, and not a submachine gun. I confirmed that, so, i will fix external (since there's no need to mess the code) references using the "SMG" word.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

... Huh. That's first fact i ever heard from that gun. For all the time i thought that gun was SMG! Gun Mechanics are strange and confusing, i guess!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Factotum (Updated 11/03/18) More Stuff!!!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hi guys! Just passing through to announce i've updated this project, again!
Spoiler: Changelog
Have fun!!!
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

GAA1992 wrote:Hi guys! Just passing through to announce i've updated this project, again!
Have fun!!!
You're still using a RevenantScorch bug decal (blast1.png) for the plasma gun. You keep doing this on purpose or what? :D
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Because that was actually intentional? :?
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Captain J wrote:Because that was actually intentional? :?
I'm not sure intentional or not, that's why I'm asking. But I have already written about this problem, and perhaps more than once. :)
kadu522
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by kadu522 »

The Beretta has an upgrade, which can be only obtained if you use the pistol parts when it is at perfect condition. The super toolbox WON'T WORK. Other weapons will get upgrades in the future.
Looks like you heard my opinions! glad to hear it!
Some weapons now keep a certain attribute until they reach the orange condition, being the Shotgun (Damage) and the Calico (Don't jam).
While this is definaly good. i actualy don't mind the jaming that much. (Since i don't hold the button for too long anyway) but the damage loss and lack of accuracy are big hiters for me. since less damage means more ammo use. less acuracy means even more ammo use. with means breaking the weapon more frequently. witch means even less ACC and damage and it goes in a loop until you break the weapon completely.
Pistol accuracy won't be so terrible when on yellow/orange/red condition now.
YESSSSSSS :D
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

While this is definaly good. i actualy don't mind the jaming that much. (Since i don't hold the button for too long anyway) but the damage loss and lack of accuracy are big hiters for me. since less damage means more ammo use. less acuracy means even more ammo use. with means breaking the weapon more frequently. witch means even less ACC and damage and it goes in a loop until you break the weapon completely.
As much as i am against being anti-game, i personally think that this is a good thing. The fact that you can't just think "oh, screw this, i'm gonna sit the lead down on them" is exactly the kind of strategy i wanted so players could know WHEN repair/upgrade their weapons. If i make them not so bad when in "bad" conditions, then the player doesn't have anything great to worry about. :)
Doomenator wrote:You're still using a RevenantScorch bug decal (blast1.png) for the plasma gun. You keep doing this on purpose or what? :D
Sorry, i keep forgetting this.
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

oh, i miss that old shotgun :(
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

willikuer sprites were indeed beautiful and smooth, i admit. But i wanted to be more linear regarding the art style, so i adopted creations from the same resources, and Captain J's SPAS seemed the best choice. =p
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I assume Factotum is for DOOM/DOOM II only.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Actually no. You can play it on Hexen and Heretic, if you like.

I actually find the Hexen campaign better than Doom when i play this mod.

Thanks for reminding. There's nothing on the post that stated that it has Hexen and Heretic compatibility, except for a screenshot.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”