Factotum [16/10/19] Survival

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Factotum (02/06/18) More content!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hey, what a fast update!

let's try this one out. I just created an overheating system for the M249 as well as many small fixes, but the best of them is got to be the sliding bars for footsteps volume and delay levels on the "Extra" menu! Gosh, this made my gameplay more enjoyable. Credits to the almighty ZombieKiller!

Also, just for balance reasons, i've made the M4 jam one state earlier and the M249 one state after than usual. Now both weapons should be more solid to use. Please read the changelog! All those small fixes are cool to read, because it's your gameplay experience going through changes!

Also, there's a new add-on made by me, which replaces weapon sounds with sounds from Resident Evil 4 and Uncharted 2, so, try it out!

Have Fun! ;)
Spoiler:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Very nice and new changes!! I love this update! Some sound effects are fine and lovely, also that M248 looks fun and clever. Of course, it's made from me, but still! I honestly love the way it reloads.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

#fun fact: the girl in the photo on the M249 hatch is Rebecca Chambers! The photo is from a secret file present on Resident Evil 2.

Thanks for providing that sprite J! There's also another weapon made by you on that M249 if you look closely!
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

...it doesn't work with HACX 1.2, and if there's a 2.0, I don't know the link to get it.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

That's easy my friend:

https://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?t=5771

Hope you have fun! I surely did :)
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

GAA1992 wrote:That's easy my friend:

https://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?t=5771

Hope you have fun! I surely did :)
I tried that link, but it was dead. The download link, that is, not the forum link :(
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Factotum (18/08/18) Cleaning the house

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Well well well, it's been some time since i have last updated this, but after some months stopped, i had to come across this mod to gather resources and work on some things for another mod i have. And during this time i made some things to Factotum and decided it should be released to the public, of course.

So, the mod was updated on the first page and i hope you like the new additions! The best things i can already point out are the beautiful inclusion of a titlemap (with the wonderful help of Endie and Doomguy5th!), some new weapon sprites for the machete and the M79, some new sounds and more things for your favorite Survival Horror mod, with barely 6MB!

Here's the complete changelog, to keep you aware. I think you should read this as this bring some several gameplay changes:
Spoiler:
I also deleted the screenshots from the main page, as they show outdated content. Also, since the explosions had some bit of altering for file size sake, i think potetobloke's explosion patch might not work with this new version of Factotum. If possible, i'll provide a updated version of the patch in the future.

Have fun!

EDIT: Had to upload the file again because the shotgun was displaying some undesired behaviour.
Lime

Post by Lime »

Nice Return of the Mod. Been enjoying for a Long time for this.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

It's good to see you because I have a long break and interesting changes :) . I'm happy to try it out when I find time and write my feedback to you later. :wink:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Factotum (20/08/18) Cleaning the house

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

YOU KNOW WHAT

I was very, very unsatisfied with the mod. Plays well and all bells and whistles. However, i felt it wasn't SOLID enough. It didn't mattered which megawad, by the first 6~8 stages i already maxed ammo for three weapons i barely touched, had many repair items, as well as the toolbox. Not only that, weapons seemed to overcompensate their drawbacks rather too much. So i went on and made a list of downgrades and upgrades which might divide people opinions. However, if you manage to play more of this, you'll see what i mean and understand it was made for the best. This will (hopefully) be a stable version, and i'll keep working other more important projects.

READ THE CHANGELOG, but if you want a very very brief of the most important things, ammo limits and spawners were messed up and upgrades are OUT. As said in the changelog, they're not fun, not balanced, not linear, and code-bloating. Also, i couldn't get myself to think on good upgrades for the other weapons.
Spoiler:
Have fun guys, i surely am having it.
Captain J

Re: Factotum (20/08/18) Total Recall

Post by Captain J »

Now those are SOME serious changes! Brilliant work there. I really love the spirit of yours, fixing the mod way better than before. And yeah, i does that sometimes too.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

In regards to ammo, I hope you're not testing balance using the Doom II IWAD because Doom II's ammo balance is exactly like you mentioned with vanilla. If the balance changes make Doom II harder you'll make other PWADs and maybe Doom 1 possibly too hard. (I'm mentioning this because I think I remember you mentioning before in your spider based mod that you tested with Doom II)
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

Neat update, also I updated my Sound Patch to change the Daewoo K3 and Winchester P94 sounds (And probably others that I forgot), have fun!
(Oh yeah I hope that certain sounds aren't too loud or too soft)
Dwonledd heer
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Sorry for replying so later.

Those are some neat sounds you got there, man. I think i'll also make a sound patch myself, but not now.

I'll update the link as soon as possible.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”