Factotum [16/10/19] Survival

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Factotum (10/05/18) Chex & Ctrl+Z

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

It could be, why not, an upgrade for the Plasma Cannon!

I am however, paused in this mod, even though i would like to resume it. There's a new weapon ready, along with small changes. The next step here is to create CVARs for powerups, enhance some sprites and MAYBE a upgrade for the shotgun, but that's about dreaming too high; I am still thinking about where to put the goddamn M249 parts without breaking anything.
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

Hey GAA1992, I made a few patches for this mod, I thought I should upload these here.

Sound Patch

Grenade Launcher Explosion Sprites Patch

I'll try to update the sound patch as soon as there is a new weapon, but for now, enjoy! :D
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks a lot poteto! You just reminded me that our friend CaptainJ also submitted an add-on for me, but i forgot to upload it! Sorry J!

I swear i'll pin all those in the main page as quick as possible.

Nevermind, the add-ons are up and good. Unfortunately i can't redirect people to namsam's patch, but that'll be the first thing i'll do in the mod today =p
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Heh, glad you noticed and mentioned it. It's been fun to make sound improvement for ya!
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

GAA1992 wrote:It could be, why not, an upgrade for the Plasma Cannon!

I am however, paused in this mod, even though i would like to resume it. There's a new weapon ready, along with small changes. The next step here is to create CVARs for powerups, enhance some sprites and MAYBE a upgrade for the shotgun, but that's about dreaming too high; I am still thinking about where to put the goddamn M249 parts without breaking anything.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gatling_laser_(Fallout)
Something like the Fallout 1 gatling laser, I mean. Tighten up the spread and increase the fire rate of the Colt M4A1, implement an option to disable the white death flash or at least remove it upon resurrection, and don't forget to throw in a flamer as well!
Spoiler:
namsan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by namsan »

I think Super toolbox is not balanced well.
It can repair all of weapons. so it's a game-changer item.

Problem is, some mapwads have tons of blur spheres, but other mapwads have don't have them much.
So it means, some mapwads will have disproportionate amounts of super toolboxes, but other mapwads won't have them at all.
I think it's not good.

How about nerfing them bit?
My suggestions are:

Reduce their repair capability to only one weapon, but also make Spawner can spawn two Super toolboxes at once.

Or, Change their spawn to Megasphere, instead of Blur sphere. Spawner will spawn Super toolbox alongside Megasphere.

EDIT:Multiple grammar fixes
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Factotum (1/06/18) M249 and CVARs

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

GUYS!

I bring bad and good news.

The good news are: Factotum is updated!
The bad news: I've lost the changelog :bang:

So, i am going to write what i remember doing, and if you noticed something i forgot or something i said and isn't here yet, please give me a shout!

What i can highlight from this update is that there's a new weapon, CVARs for powerups, small sprite and grammar fixes, internal organization, footsteps and more!
Spoiler: Changelog
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

GAA1992 wrote:GUYS!

So, i am going to write what i remember doing, and if you noticed something i forgot or something i said and isn't here yet, please give me a shout!

What i can highlight from this update is that there's a new weapon, CVARs for powerups, small sprite and grammar fixes, internal organization, footsteps and more!
Can you please check to see if grenade bags actually give hand grenades?
erni945

Post by erni945 »

GAA1992 wrote:GUYS!

Although you do not have a log of changes, it looks promising, I download immediately :)
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

gonna be real with you, theres a bit too many machine guns in the mod, they all honestly feel samey. the new m249 doesnt feel any different from the m4 or the calico
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

i'm all for more shotguns. maybe a coachgun/sawn off that's more accurate and more durable than the spas, but has a slower reload time and deals less damage or an auto shotgun that's more crowd control oriented, with wider spread and bigger magazine capacity, but lower durability.
or maybe a one-slot limit. maybe an ak skin for the m16 or a ks 23 skin for the spas too, but that's probably asking a little too much.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

It suits me that there are so many machine guns, as long as each weapon breaks, I think that this is ok but I also think that there should be some more shotguns or autoshotguns
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

AvzinElkein wrote:Can you please check to see if grenade bags actually give hand grenades?
They actually give you G. Launcher ammo, but not hand grenades, as i recall.
chronoteeth wrote:gonna be real with you, theres a bit too many machine guns in the mod, they all honestly feel samey. the new m249 doesnt feel any different from the m4 or the calico
I know and, that's why i am trying to make each one different from the other with their own downsides. I do believe the M4 is still the best weapon in the game, so i think i must give it one personal nerfing (jamming earlier, let's say).
LossForWords wrote:i'm all for more shotguns. maybe a coachgun/sawn off that's more accurate and more durable than the spas, but has a slower reload time and deals less damage or an auto shotgun that's more crowd control oriented, with wider spread and bigger magazine capacity, but lower durability.
or maybe a one-slot limit. maybe an ak skin for the m16 or a ks 23 skin for the spas too, but that's probably asking a little too much.
A coachgun is a good idea, but it'll only add to variety and not to the game itself (my opinion). By the way, i want to have a upgrade ready for the next game update :)
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

I have a few suggestions in balancing the M249.

The M249 should deal less damage than the M4A1, since the M249 has 12-36 damage points compared to the M4A1's 9-27 damage points.

The M249 should overheat, the lower the durability the quicker it will overheat.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I'm kinda down for the lower damage, but i loved the overheating idea!

Maybe a meter which ends on 100 shots, but each state goes from 1 to 3 points on each shot. Which means, on the red state it'll overheat each 30/35 shots (along the jamming chance) =p

Return to “Gameplay Mods”