Factotum [16/10/19] Survival

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Factotum (20/08/18) ARRANGE MODE

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I know what you might be thinking. Factotum already jumped the shark, there's nothing new to offer, or at least, nothing remarkable.

But, after giving some very casual editings here and there, i kinda made a interesting take on Factotum, and it would be dickish of my part NOT to share with you. Some might even like more than the actual game.

The proposal is this: No Winchester Plasma Cannon, 5.56mm machineguns (M4A1 and K3) respectively occupy Plasma Rifle and BFG9000 spots, ammo and repair parts drops are slightly edited to stand some linearity, repair parts are slightly harder to get and your pistol is slightly more resistant.

MAIN GAME IS NOT BEING SUBSTITUTED AND WASN'T UPDATED YET, ONLY ARRANGE MODE IS UP TO DATE, thanks.

As a homage to Resident Evil, i called it Arrange Mode. Here's some informative changelog, along with the link (both games can be downloaded at main page too):
Spoiler:
Download Factotum: Arrange Mode
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jooe7cboj ... 918%5D.pk3

Feedback and suggestions are appreciated!!!
AvzinElkein

Re: Factotum (17/09/18) ARRANGE MODE

Post by AvzinElkein »

Sounds like a difficulty increase to me. :P
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Factotum (17/09/18) ARRANGE MODE

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

AvzinElkein wrote:Sounds like a difficulty increase to me. :P
It sure is! And I do have plans to increase it even further! Arrange Mode is going to serve as a experimental build while the vanilla game remains untouched. (Not to mean the pistol kit being too easy to obtain on arrange, darn it)

Expect some news tonight :)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Factotum (20/09/18) Arrange Mode V2

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

...annnnnd i slept =p

Sorry, i went out for some drinks and then had to work the other day. But Arrange mode is pretty much done for now unless some fixing needed. And i think you guys will enjoy this small update, since it kinda polishes things a little more.
Spoiler: Changelog 20/09/18
Grab the latest Arrange Mode here, or in the first page:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/42iaaf1d2 ... 918%5D.pk3

Have fun!
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Factotum [20/09/18] Arrange Mode V2

Post by StroggVorbis »

Haven't checked the original yet, but I'm playing through Hexen with Factotum: Arrange Mode. The Daewoo K3 never appears ingame, because the assembled Quietus is not placed in any map, only its parts. AFAIK it doesn't even have a pickup sprite. And if I understood correctly, the QuietusDrop actor is used to make a player drop all the weapon parts in his possession upon death.

Suggestion: The Daewoo K3 could replace F-/C-/ or MWeaponPiece3. They all first appear in the first map of the 3rd hub, so this would be the first occasion in the game where each class could assemble their ultimate weapon. It doesn't matter which one you choose, because FTPlayer has no Player.SpawnClass set, which is "Any" by default. Normally in Hexen, thing and monster placement is not only related to the chosen skill level, but also the player class.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

This is a nice update so far! liking the Arrange Mode. ;)

also, a suggestion: maybe the chainsaw slot could be for the Crossbow?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

@DabbingSquidward

That's something VERY important to know! Sorry if i just assumed the pieces wrong, i will do as suggested (not to mention, i want to cap down the ammo boxes).

@YukesVonFaust

Don't worry about the crossbow buddy! It will make it's debut on the second game, which will be started as soon as i come back to Ultra-Crispy...

By the way, how do the new sounds feel, guys? Do they feel better in game, or the vanilla sounds are enough? I asked because i started to rip some more Parasite Eve 2 sounds just for the record, and they feel nice in the game too.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Suggestion about ammo box cap: Remove backpack from the Mana1/2/3 randomspawner and have it as Krater of Might/ArtiManaBoost replacement instead. Also, if that helps, I play Hexen and Deathkings with a minimod that disables Script 255 on every map (Enemy Respawning) so this gives me an incentive to 100% every map and not have to rush as I don't have to worry about running out of supplies.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks bud. I was testing some ammo quantities in Doom and Hexen and i think lowering the 9mm clip from 15 to 10, the 9mm box from 45 to 30, the 5.56mm magazine from 20 to 15, and the 5.56mm crate from 60 to 45,

Not only makes things look linear, it also prevents players to max out their ammo too easily, and it forces them to think every shot.

So i think I'll try that, as well as some experiments with grenade throwing. I'll work things tonight.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Slightly off-topic: I thought about "importing" Doomguy and/or Corvus into Hexen myself. The question is, how far should I go? Hexen's monsters have relatively high health, so they would appear bullet-spongey when paired with Doom's & Heretic's arsenal. I could replace them with the beastiary of their respective game, but variety might be a problem. On the other hand, it would make for a general gameplay/weapon/monster-mod compatible base. Hexen and Doom have 9 weapons total, but Heretic has one less. One way to account for this is to grab the Ethereal Super Crossbow from R667 or have one weapon spawn drop Tomes of Power, the latter would be more fitting with the world of Heretic & Hexen. The last but not least thing off the top of my head, I noticed that while Factotum, High Noon Drifter & Flakes Doom all have Hexen support, they all use Doom's armor system instead of the one in Hexen, which is kinda odd. AFAIK all it takes is to add a Player.HexenArmor property to the player class definition and 5 values after it that must all be divisable by 5. The first number is the base Armor class and the rest is for each piece of armor.

P.S. Sorry for being out of the game for a while. While I occasionally lurked on the forums, I was burnt out some, then real life and vocational school got in the way :P
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Factotum [22/09/18] Arrange Mode V3

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Yeah, sometimes real life can be a real barrier on inspiration to me as well; I did this new update with lots of pauses and different versions of Factotum i have at home. So i couldn't note down a precise changelog. I hope this doesn't gets players to go mad, i know i should update the main file as well, but, i am having fun with this.
Spoiler: Here goes the changelog
http://www.mediafire.com/file/et2ipyac6 ... 918%5D.pk3

As always, feedback is highly appreciated. Have fun!
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Interesting game mode in Factotum, I think a good idea idea if someone during the game wanted to experience the survival climate even more, but I think that the version with a plasma gun should be after all because some maps can be completely unplayable without this weapon and this has reduced the game a lot . Yes, do you think this arrange mode is a good idea but do you plan to develop that version yet?,and one more thing, thanks for the add-on of new weapon sounds, it makes the game a lot easier and gives you a sense of power in weapons :)
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Kinda wish there was some Resident Evil music to go with this...
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

@erni945

I will update the main version too! I am just going to make some adjustments. I have more things to show up ;)

@Gideon020

I really would do that if possible, but Resident Evil OST's are still up to sale, so it would be kinda... against the law in the forum. There are the Kriegsland patches, though.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

welp... there's one error in the hexen spawners:

Code: Select all

ACTOR FKCWP1 : RandomSpawner replaces CWeapFlame		{DropItem "FKShogtun"}
should be:

Code: Select all

ACTOR FKCWP1 : RandomSpawner replaces CWeapFlame		{DropItem "FKShotgun"}

Return to “Gameplay Mods”