La Tailor Girl v1.68.99 [informative]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.64 [Have a nice summer]

Postby eharper256 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:53 pm

Apteral10 wrote:
eharper256 wrote:
Lemonore wrote:Probably the only thing I don't particularly like is weapons' designs. Somehow I feel this could use something less sci-fi and more... retofuturistic, but that's just my opinion.

It's also the only thing I find a bit meh with La Tailor. I guess I'm spoilt by Pillowblasters mods; but the ROD and the Generic Pulse Rifle feel very weak to use; they're a little too 'pew-pew'. Though asking for the Plasma Gun from Cola is probably too much. :P

However, the Scrapper is fine, and so is the Shocker and the Smart Missile. I'm ambivalant on the BFG replacers.


Ambivalant... Now that was a new word... Considering how many outfits there is and upgrades to some.The 8th weapon is a great choice.

Sorry about that, my English degree is leaking out again. XD
User avatar
eharper256
 
Joined: 25 Feb 2018
Location: UK

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.64 [Have a nice summer]

Postby Sasha_The_Lynx » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:28 pm

Hege Cactus wrote:

-Snip about new sprite outfits for Sewie and a long elusive outfit now getting used-


Its been awhile since i checked this forum out for this awesome mod (Been pretty silent for awhile) and i gotta say, that seeing some updates is always nice, and what you are showing so far is really nice and it makes me excited! I often wondered when this elusive little outfit was gonna be used. At first it was made as a form of a template or placeholder, or simply a motivation image, like making Diana think what to wear for the day, or something like that, but its cool to see it being used finaly.

Im defintly gonna keep on checking this forum page again. OuO

EDIT: Also, those sprites on Sewie are super cute. You never stop being so talented and creative.
User avatar
Sasha_The_Lynx
 
Joined: 28 Jan 2018

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.66 [Sew it up]

Postby Hege Cactus » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:32 pm

Well the gun designs kinda were nailed on how I wanted not too futuristic but not too realistic weaponry so I went with that semi futuristic but not too futuristic design.
Granted, not all of them are that great but I think they work alright

Update time

v 1.66
download

In this update the firebikini and cyberarmor can have a little proc chance on upgrade for Daina to get some.. interesting results
Sewie also gains a bunch of new sprites and couple of new tricks for the maidu upgrade

Void sphere is nerfed, again. But mostly for the secondary fire requirement.

Daina now has a new passive ability; if she loses her proper clothing via damage, she gains a 35% damage resistance buff for a short while to allow for escaping
Ive also added an option to disable the randomized intermission screens for those who want the wad's default intermissions instead

full changelog;
Spoiler:
User avatar
Hege Cactus
 
Joined: 19 Feb 2014

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.66 [Sew it up]

Postby Sasha_The_Lynx » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:33 am

Hege Cactus wrote:Well the gun designs kinda were nailed on how I wanted not too futuristic but not too realistic weaponry so I went with that semi futuristic but not too futuristic design.
Granted, not all of them are that great but I think they work alright

Update time

v 1.66
download

In this update the firebikini and cyberarmor can have a little proc chance on upgrade for Daina to get some.. interesting results
Sewie also gains a bunch of new sprites and couple of new tricks for the maidu upgrade

Void sphere is nerfed, again. But mostly for the secondary fire requirement.

Daina now has a new passive ability; if she loses her proper clothing via damage, she gains a 35% damage resistance buff for a short while to allow for escaping
Ive also added an option to disable the randomized intermission screens for those who want the wad's default intermissions instead

full changelog;
Spoiler:


Looks really promising! Im gonna give it a go right away OuO
I make an edit of this post when i get to try out the new outfit, like the fireblukini and the rest of the changes and tweaks.
User avatar
Sasha_The_Lynx
 
Joined: 28 Jan 2018

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.66 [Sew it up]

Postby ShockwaveS08 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:53 am

Since the new version of La Tailor Girl was released, I decided to OGG-ify all the sounds once again, shaving at least 15MB off of the main file in the process. I am uploading the converted sounds in the link below, in the hopes that this sort of space-saving OGG sound conversion will be implemented in future releases.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Remove the old "sounds" folder from the main .pk3 file.
2) Extract the "sounds" folder from the downloadable archive below and insert it into the main .pk3.
3) ???
4) Profit!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/d7953t2ar74w22e/LTG_OGG_Sounds.pk3/file
ShockwaveS08
 
Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Discord: Shockwave_S08#0859

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.66 [Sew it up]

Postby Hege Cactus » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:05 pm

ShockwaveS08 wrote:Since the new version of La Tailor Girl was released, I decided to OGG-ify all the sounds once again, shaving at least 15MB off of the main file in the process. I am uploading the converted sounds in the link below, in the hopes that this sort of space-saving OGG sound conversion will be implemented in future releases.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Remove the old "sounds" folder from the main .pk3 file.
2) Extract the "sounds" folder from the downloadable archive below and insert it into the main .pk3.
3) ???
4) Profit!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/d7953t2ar74w22e/LTG_OGG_Sounds.pk3/file


Ive implemented this and it dropped the file size for around 20mb or so
Thank you a big bunch for this!



So whats brewing right now you might think?

For this next update that is slowly coming along, which I am aiming to release it during this month, I am working on some improving of older stuff and ease of life

Spoiler:


So yeah, this is what you can look forward to
User avatar
Hege Cactus
 
Joined: 19 Feb 2014

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.66 [Sew it up]

Postby Apteral10 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:14 pm

Okay about the rare upgrade proc... What is the chance of that happening? Because to me it seems super rare...
Apteral10
 
Joined: 20 Jan 2018

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.66 [Sew it up]

Postby Captain J » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:30 am

Dem fan service at F1 help screen. Waifu Goddess bless you.
User avatar
Captain J
'OH YE'
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Secret Chamber
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.66 [Sew it up]

Postby fakemai » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:45 am

Finally got around to playing this again, fairly thoroughly and it's been fun to do again. Comments!

Spoiler:


Lastly, I was getting a little bored with CH as a monster mod, and want to mention Legendoom Lite + Demon Counterstrike as being a really fun alternative. Those can be paired with CH too but that's too much chaos for my liking.

EDIT: Sewie seems to have the wrong K800Rod primary with OL. It's like cowgirl.
User avatar
fakemai
 
Joined: 12 Feb 2018
Location: Australia

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.66 [Sew it up]

Postby MisterPhantom » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:09 pm

I wanted to ask, but who were the voices for the two gals
MisterPhantom
 
Joined: 17 Apr 2018

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.66 [Sew it up]

Postby Apteral10 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:04 pm

fakemai wrote:Finally got around to playing this again, fairly thoroughly and it's been fun to do again. Comments!

Spoiler:


Lastly, I was getting a little bored with CH as a monster mod, and want to mention Legendoom Lite + Demon Counterstrike as being a really fun alternative. Those can be paired with CH too but that's too much chaos for my liking.

EDIT: Sewie seems to have the wrong K800Rod primary with OL. It's like cowgirl.


Yeah they are definitely less prevalent. So I just ran a berserk pack summon spree until I got enough of them to spawn and just have good luck. It is interesting and I definitely can say that with the rarity it has. That is definitely a good balance.
Apteral10
 
Joined: 20 Jan 2018

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.66 [Sew it up]

Postby Hege Cactus » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:33 am

EDIT: Sewie seems to have the wrong K800Rod primary with OL. It's like cowgirl.


Actually no, Sewie had it first, its one of those shared primary fires

I wanted to ask, but who were the voices for the two gals


Daina is Oboro from fire emblem
Sewie is Tira from soul calibur


v 1.68.99

Download


What's new?

2 new outfits, 1 rare and 1 that has special requirement to spawn
2 new upgrades, the office outfit and wedding dress are now upgrade-able

Info screen rehauled!
the F1 info screen is now rehauled to be more informative for both characters
Hopefully that helps to understand some mechanics that have been unclear

Kamui can be killed by feeding it a pincushion
Just stand back after you feed it, its a violent reaction

Sewie specific changes
Upgraded bunnygirl outfit and Glamour now have special sprites + extra sewie only effect for ice gun
Sewie can now gain melee magic bonus from certain outfits, no more completely lemon magic all the time


And a lot of bug fixes and other changes

Full changelog;
Spoiler:
User avatar
Hege Cactus
 
Joined: 19 Feb 2014

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.68.99 [informative]

Postby ValadaEW » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:30 pm

"Full changelog;
*other changelog stuff, blah, blah*,
- hdoom detection "

H..H-Doom detection?! Do I even want to ask?
ValadaEW
 
Joined: 09 Jul 2018

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.66 [Sew it up]

Postby Sasha_The_Lynx » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:26 pm

Hege Cactus wrote:
EDIT: Sewie seems to have the wrong K800Rod primary with OL. It's like cowgirl.


Actually no, Sewie had it first, its one of those shared primary fires

I wanted to ask, but who were the voices for the two gals


Daina is Oboro from fire emblem
Sewie is Tira from soul calibur


v 1.68.99

Download


What's new?

2 new outfits, 1 rare and 1 that has special requirement to spawn
2 new upgrades, the office outfit and wedding dress are now upgrade-able

Info screen rehauled!
the F1 info screen is now rehauled to be more informative for both characters
Hopefully that helps to understand some mechanics that have been unclear

Kamui can be killed by feeding it a pincushion
Just stand back after you feed it, its a violent reaction

Sewie specific changes
Upgraded bunnygirl outfit and Glamour now have special sprites + extra sewie only effect for ice gun
Sewie can now gain melee magic bonus from certain outfits, no more completely lemon magic all the time


And a lot of bug fixes and other changes

Full changelog;
Spoiler:


Awesome to see a update on my fav Doom mod!

By curiosity i went into the Read This option and saw there are changes. I gotta say, the art done there is so cute lol.
And they also showcase about the gameplay both for Diana and Sewie for new players.
I defintly try out more today in a bit. OuO
User avatar
Sasha_The_Lynx
 
Joined: 28 Jan 2018

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.68.99 [informative]

Postby RabbitCuddle » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:59 pm

Just a little accident...

Spoiler:
RabbitCuddle
 
Joined: 27 Sep 2018

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ate0ate, CanisLaticanis, GamingMarine, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 11 guests