La Tailor Girl v1.89 Plain Black [updated march 18 2023]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
IIIStrife

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.3 [Borger]

Post by IIIStrife »

I saw this mod through it, and I played it during a stream, then drew some fan art for it! I find the character just so insanely adorable and sexy, so yeh. Just had to draw her.

Unsure where else to put it, so here you go. XD

It's just a sketch, but wanted to show it anyways, feel someone here might enjoy it, just incase I forget to finish it (which may happen, I'm a forgetful dude with finishing art sometimes xD) here! C:

Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Looks like your mod attracted some attention.
Oh my better speed up the development
HOLY shieet, You actually made rotated sprites for all of the suits, thats amazing! How long it takes you to make one full sprite set?
It depends on the outfit really, I have made a base sheet so the more simpler outfits dont take too long
Still lot of tweaking so I cant really say for sure, but I can do an outfit per day on a good day
So this happened! Congrats!! This mod indeed deserve more views and reviews. Right now this mod is filled with tons of clothes and heart-
\o/
I saw this mod through it, and I played it during a stream, then drew some fan art for it! I find the character just so insanely adorable and sexy, so yeh. Just had to draw her.

Unsure where else to put it, so here you go. XD

It's just a sketch, but wanted to show it anyways, feel someone here might enjoy it, just incase I forget to finish it (which may happen, I'm a forgetful dude with finishing art sometimes xD) here! C:
Oh mai! Thank you! Always appreciate fan arts
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

IIIStrife wrote:I saw this mod through it, and I played it during a stream, then drew some fan art for it! I find the character just so insanely adorable and sexy, so yeh. Just had to draw her.Image
Dropbox - 410... :(

EDIT:
IIIStrife wrote:
Captain J wrote:Dropbox - 410... :(
I know, it's a pretty small size since I wanted to embed it, here's a larger image if you guys want it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/waq8h3t77zsl2 ... l.png?dl=0

It's like 2414x1558 so I am NOT embedding it. xD
Oh yeah! Now i can see it. Thanks so much! And my, that size! Looks absolutely big!... In both ways, of course.
Last edited by Captain J on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
IIIStrife

Post by IIIStrife »

Captain J wrote:Dropbox - 410... :(
I know, it's a pretty small size since I wanted to embed it, here's a larger image if you guys want it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/waq8h3t77zsl2 ... l.png?dl=0

It's like 2414x1558 so I am NOT embedding it. xD
Massaraksh

Post by Massaraksh »

Played around a bit, and found some stuff.
1) Looks like the character/clothing sprite has a unique firing sprite for each gun. And it looks like if it's missing, then the player's sprite disappears completely. Like with the hazmat suit with the shotgun.
2) Wouldn't a button that lets you see the description of the current outfit again be nice?
3)I sometimes find a lot of the same outfit, maybe add an option to use it to repair the currently worn outfit if it's the same? Since the use key will be used to upgrade clothes, maybe add another keybind for it or something.
4)Maybe add an option to disable the green-ish tint of the hazmat suit somehow, if at all possible, as an option.
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

The character sprite doesn't show up on... 1920x1080 resolution and aspect ratio 16:9 which is in my opinion quite minor thing. Obviously things I would praise this mod about are already said. However there is kinda sad level of lack of depth in my opinion as I exclusively ended up using only Nurse outfit because in my opinion it is basically always best bet and easy to upkeep no matter what is the situation which is probably going to be fixed when even more stuff comes out not sure about it though. As this whole mod is about armor management it is something I already have mastered so the mod didn't really offer any decent level challenge... Except when I went to play with Colourfulhell mod... Oh boy was I in for a ride. So if you want to make this PK somewhat challenging I recommend using Colourfulhell. Odd thing though with the latest version of it combined with GZdoom 3.2.5. There was some errors but not enough bad to stop me from playing.

To be said the swim suit is very weak in my opinion because very few maps (in classic doom maps) have water even if you are playing with Maps of Chaos. However this heavily relies on map pack so you can choose to ignore this. There was one nice reference which is probably missed by some people who have played this mod. I will let the people figure it out themselves but I will say that it has something to do with the default outfit. The small humor put here and there is quite nice in my opinion.

Sadly yes I do not have any ideas for game content and I think that being the creator of the mod you will be just fine whether I can come up with any ideas or not.
Massaraksh

Post by Massaraksh »

Played the mod for a little bit and thought I'd leave some feedback.
1) In chasecam mode, if the sprite for firing a certain weapon (the shotgun while wearing a hazmat suit for example) is missing, the sprite will disappear while firing. Possibly related to each weapon having its own sprite for firing it, which is crazy.
2) Maybe add a bind for viewing the current outfit's description again?
3) I find duplicates of more common outfits a lot, maybe add an option to repair the currently worn outfit by using the one on the floor for materials, since they're the same? Probably as a separate bind since upgrading is a thing now.
4) Maybe add an option for disabling the hazmat suit's green tint effect on the screen if at all possible.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Massaraksh wrote:Played around a bit, and found some stuff.
1) Looks like the character/clothing sprite has a unique firing sprite for each gun. And it looks like if it's missing, then the player's sprite disappears completely. Like with the hazmat suit with the shotgun.
2) Wouldn't a button that lets you see the description of the current outfit again be nice?
3)I sometimes find a lot of the same outfit, maybe add an option to use it to repair the currently worn outfit if it's the same? Since the use key will be used to upgrade clothes, maybe add another keybind for it or something.
4)Maybe add an option to disable the green-ish tint of the hazmat suit somehow, if at all possible, as an option.
1. I'm aware of this issue unfortunantly the shotgun firing sprite just has mysteriously vanished. In the next patch I'll have a temporary fix for it till I resprite it
2. Yes, that is in the works. All messages get logged in the console tho
3. Nah. Upgrades or replace
4. Probably, tho its a default hazmat thingy.
The character sprite doesn't show up on... 1920x1080 resolution and aspect ratio 16:9 which is in my opinion quite minor thing. Obviously things I would praise this mod about are already said. However there is kinda sad level of lack of depth in my opinion as I exclusively ended up using only Nurse outfit because in my opinion it is basically always best bet and easy to upkeep no matter what is the situation which is probably going to be fixed when even more stuff comes out not sure about it though. As this whole mod is about armor management it is something I already have mastered so the mod didn't really offer any decent level challenge... Except when I went to play with Colourfulhell mod... Oh boy was I in for a ride. So if you want to make this PK somewhat challenging I recommend using Colourfulhell. Odd thing though with the latest version of it combined with GZdoom 3.2.5. There was some errors but not enough bad to stop me from playing.

To be said the swim suit is very weak in my opinion because very few maps (in classic doom maps) have water even if you are playing with Maps of Chaos. However this heavily relies on map pack so you can choose to ignore this. There was one nice reference which is probably missed by some people who have played this mod. I will let the people figure it out themselves but I will say that it has something to do with the default outfit. The small humor put here and there is quite nice in my opinion.

Sadly yes I do not have any ideas for game content and I think that being the creator of the mod you will be just fine whether I can come up with any ideas or not.
The aspect ratio thing is a big issue actually that has made me hasten my next update timing.
I'm aiming to release next patch asap, I need to finish up some sprites and other minor tweaks first.

Nurse outfit and Swimsuit both have the map dependant issue. Nurse outfit is amazing if a map provides a lot of health. Swimsuit is god tier in maps where you can abuse the water melee
Both of these outfits will get an upgraded version in the future.
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

I might suggest looking into using fullscreenoffsets for your HUD, that way you don't have to think about every single possible aspect ratio (plus it'll cut down on duplicated code).
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Gollgagh wrote:I might suggest looking into using fullscreenoffsets for your HUD, that way you don't have to think about every single possible aspect ratio (plus it'll cut down on duplicated code).
Eh I guess? Tho Ive heard its rather wonky at times too, Im not too sure on it, Ive considered remaking a zscript hud, but I dunno.

Update time!
1.34!

Download

Major changes;

Fixed HUD aspect ratio issues.
Ive tweaked the values and double checked that the hud should now show all the info and the sprite properly.
It should be good to go now

Extra option on the Hud Sprite;
Only Hide Nude sprite.
Added this option cause apparently its th sprite that bothers people on the hud the most

Two new upgraded outfits;
Succubi Mistress and Black Bar Generator
These two pack a punch~

Other minor changes;
Spoiler:
q3cpma

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.34 [risque]

Post by q3cpma »

I've played this mod a little more since the HUD is fixed and I have to say it's really nice. What should be fixed:
- The description that is shown when picking up clothes should also be displayed when hovering them; I never know if it's worth discarding my current one.

Except that, I'm wondering if there are plans for more than one upgrade per costume? Anyway, the core of this mod is well done and only needs MOAR suits/combinations/upgrades/whatever.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

"Other small tiny tweaks here and there"

The ultimate Ultimate Doom screen end looks great. Great job. :D :wub:
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

Hmm... The hud is still not working... Which version of Zdoom or GZdoom are you using? Although don't dive in to that just yet. Because I am running the mod with Colourfulhell mod. Maybe there is something that stops it working properly? I know it is a far fetched thought but doesn't hurt to check in my opinion IF you deem it necessary. I am still using same 16:9 aspect ration (this same applies to forced aspect ration), fullscreen and 1920x1080 resolution.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

I gave this a quick shot and found a bug: Apparently when you start a map that has the ResetInventory MAPINFO flag (for example, WADsmoosh's Master Levels), whatever clothes you were wearing will be removed, but they won't be replaced with the default outfit, making pistol-start maps much harder than intended due to low firing speed.
q3cpma

Post by q3cpma »

By the way, is the HUD sprite supposed to be cut sometimes? (like the base armor upgrade)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”